Author Topic: Wearing Baggy Clothes to Hide Your Physique  (Read 9117 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
Wearing Baggy Clothes to Hide Your Physique
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:01:01 PM »
I see a lot of big guys wear sweatshirts to the gym when it's summertime. Or they will wear shirts that are so baggy that they cover their entire upper arm and only show their forearms and look like pillow cases. What is the point of purposely hiding your body when you spend so much time on it?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Wearing Baggy Clothes to Hide Your Physique
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
I see a lot of big guys wear sweatshirts to the gym when it's summertime. your body when you spend so much time on it?

dickwedge admitting looking at a lot of big guys in this thread
Y

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:26:12 PM »
Permabulkers do this a lot, then strut around like we can't tell they are 25% BF under that.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »
I agree it's stupid, but one tactic to look impressive and vascular is to train in a hoodie and just when your at the point where your about to start sweating take off your layers, then underneath you will have a sickening pump and vascularity to impress all the bitches lol. I did like 3 sets of curls in a hoodie (the gym was warm too) with drop sets inbetween then took off my hoodie for the 4th set and my ex-girlfriend looked away from my arm and said she couldn't watch because the vascularity freaked her out lmao. The rest of the guys at the gym were mirin hard.

The level of vascularity I get now blows the 7 year old green-shirt picture out of the water. I think it's time I donned that old shirt again and took a picture with a pump lol.. Give people some new material to last the next 7 years. Still haven't hit my natural limit though because my training was inconsistent I'm sorry to say.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
For pros their reputation is their phenomenal physique. Truth be told the majority of the year they look like crap so they hide their physique in baggy clothes.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
This is what i always do now....It has nothing to do with people seeing you for working so hard....People already know you, people already see you, you already get plenty of attention...When you just wanna go in the gym and have a session where you hit the muscle/muscles you need to and wanna get out in 30-40 minutes this is the best way to go....It's better to have attention off you..

On the other side...Lot's of us have bigorexia..We think we're out of shape when our muscles aren't rock hard with shredded abs....So we cover up until we are near contest time...Everyone knows your big...You put up good pictures near contest time...Everyone sees you look amazing...Then in offseason/starting prep you look good...But you don't look quite as good as those pics you post on facbeook, insta, what have you...So you still look good but the bar is set so high for you that you don't even bother to show yourself and just cover up....You cover up until you look like that again, or improved...You can't handle someone saying "you looked better a couple months ago"..That will kill you inside..Your physique is your sanctuary...Lots of people think that they look like shit even though they look better than 99% of people lol...Many insecurities in the bodybuilding worldd,

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »
I see a lot of big guys wear sweatshirts to the gym when it's summertime. Or they will wear shirts that are so baggy that they cover their entire upper arm and only show their forearms and look like pillow cases. What is the point of purposely hiding your body when you spend so much time on it?

Not everybody trains to show off their body and hope to impress others. An advance bodybuilder wearing a string tank top in public
is more likely to get eye rolls and "oh brother, we get it" looks.

Bodybuilding and bodybuilders are not admired by the general public anymore. They are looked on as insecure, narcissistic and drug abusers. And no one likes a show off.

I like loose fitting clothes because it's simply more comfortable and you have more freedom of movement. I despise having to tuck in my shirt. It binds you and once you lift your arm above shoulder level your shirt gets untucked.

Plus, having loose fitting clothes and not tucking in your shirt makes concealing your gat easier.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
I agree it's stupid, but one tactic to look impressive and vascular is to train in a hoodie and just when your at the point where your about to start sweating take off your layers, then underneath you will have a sickening pump and vascularity to impress all the bitches lol. I did like 3 sets of curls in a hoodie (the gym was warm too) with drop sets inbetween then took off my hoodie for the 4th set and my ex-girlfriend looked away from my arm and said she couldn't watch because the vascularity freaked her out lmao. The rest of the guys at the gym were mirin hard.

The level of vascularity I get now blows the 7 year old green-shirt picture out of the water. I think it's time I donned that old shirt again and took a picture with a pump lol.. Give people some new material to last the next 7 years. Still haven't hit my natural limit though because my training was inconsistent I'm sorry to say.

"one tactic to look impressive and vascular is to train in a hoodie and just when your at the point where your about to start sweating take off your layers, then underneath you will have a sickening pump and vascularity to impress all the bitches"

Good God! What a tool!

Listen to yourself. You epitomize what normal people hate about bodybuilders.

LOL @ "one tactic"

io856

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 07:49:48 PM »
Bodybuilding to impress the general public is a contradiction. Its a subculture of hardcore reclusive types hell bent on not fading into societal norms and mediocrity.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 08:15:15 PM »
Bodybuilding to impress the general public is a contradiction. Its a subculture of hardcore reclusive types hell bent on not fading into societal norms and mediocrity.

It does impress the general public. I mean, most people would be both impressed and grossed out by Ronnie Colemans physique. Nonetheless, it would still garner the attention he so desperately craves, thus "impressing" others.
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »
dickwedge admitting looking at a lot of big guys in this thread

Seems he'd prefer these men to wear more revealing clothing while he watches them grunt sweat and then shower up.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »
I knew guys who did this because they didn't want to be distracted by their bodies while working out and picking themselves apart. They wanted it to be all about the muscle.

Then I knew some people who were insecure and didn't want the attention that comes with being big or showing off their acne.

Finally some guys just didn't want the attention of people coming up to them every five minutes for lifting advice. Better to cover up

As far as getting grossed out, it depends on how facially attractive people are. If someone isnt very good looking then people will say they look gross. I've worked out in gyms where national level bodybuilders train and they have women following them around.. Those guys are pretty big. The heavier girls tended to be the most aggressive stalkers.  

I've  been at expos with the pros and the women are going nuts  over some of these guys. Even guys who you wouldn't even imagine. It's a weird thing.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »
Permabulkers do this a lot, then strut around like we can't tell they are 25% BF under that.

Lol

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
Only scenario I could think of is this:

You want to build muscle or lean down over winter so you keep covered up because you want to "premiere" your new physique in the summer at the beach and have your friends be in awe and make positive comments. That's the best case scenario I can think of.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 11:23:19 PM »
Bodybuilders are such a insecure bitches who have to hide their physique to avoid bad criticism.

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 11:23:54 PM »
I train in loose t-shirts and sweatshirts all the time.
Only dudes in our gym, I dont really want to impress them.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 01:11:27 AM »
When I first started out I would buy baggy jeans and and big shirts because I thought I would anabolize into them.

Never happened.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 02:22:25 AM »
"one tactic to look impressive and vascular is to train in a hoodie and just when your at the point where your about to start sweating take off your layers, then underneath you will have a sickening pump and vascularity to impress all the bitches"

Good God! What a tool!

Listen to yourself. You epitomize what normal people hate about bodybuilders.

LOL @ "one tactic"
Calm down Gloria your taking things way too seriously, I'm not 100% serious.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »
Most of my clothing is fairly tight and slim fitted.

The stuff I wear in the gym though is baggy. It's more comfortable to train in loose clothing.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 02:30:18 AM »
Women dig tight clothes, but they feel like a textile condom.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 02:41:49 AM »

The heavier girls tended to be the most aggressive stalkers.  

Quoted for unfortunate truth. :-[

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 05:05:46 AM »
Whatever I pull out of the draw I wear ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 05:14:13 AM »