Author Topic: Carson recounts time he was held-up at gun point  (Read 1019 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Carson recounts time he was held-up at gun point
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:28:22 AM »
Washington (CNN)GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson recounted Wednesday a story about being held at gunpoint, amid backlash over comments he made about the Oregon community college shooting in which he suggested victims of the shooting could have done more to fight back.

"I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeye's organization" in Baltimore, the retired neurosurgeon told Karen Hunter on Sirius XM Radio, referring to the fried chicken fast-food chain.

"Guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs. And I just said, 'I believe that you want the guy behind the counter,'" Carson.

The presidential hopeful's telling of the encounter is at odds with a controversial answer he gave on Tuesday when asked about how he would respond to a potential gunman by Fox News' "Fox and Friends" host Brian Kilmeade.

"Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me but he can't get us all,'" Carson had said.

Carson's latest comments come as backlash has grown in response to his "Fox and Friends" interview.

Mathew Downing, who survived the Umpqua Community College shooting in Oregon after being dramatically spared by the gunman, criticized Carson's answer on Wednesday.

"I'm fairly upset he said that. Nobody could truly understand what actions they would take like that in a situation unless they lived it," he told CNN via Facebook.

The GOP presidential candidate has clarified the remarks he made on Fox News, saying Tuesday night on that network that he was "not judging (the shooting victims) at all."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Carson recounts time he was held-up at gun point
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:50 AM »
Washington (CNN)GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson recounted Wednesday a story about being held at gunpoint, amid backlash over comments he made about the Oregon community college shooting in which he suggested victims of the shooting could have done more to fight back.

"I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeye's organization" in Baltimore, the retired neurosurgeon told Karen Hunter on Sirius XM Radio, referring to the fried chicken fast-food chain.

"Guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs. And I just said, 'I believe that you want the guy behind the counter,'" Carson.

The presidential hopeful's telling of the encounter is at odds with a controversial answer he gave on Tuesday when asked about how he would respond to a potential gunman by Fox News' "Fox and Friends" host Brian Kilmeade.

"Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me but he can't get us all,'" Carson had said.

Carson's latest comments come as backlash has grown in response to his "Fox and Friends" interview.

Mathew Downing, who survived the Umpqua Community College shooting in Oregon after being dramatically spared by the gunman, criticized Carson's answer on Wednesday.

"I'm fairly upset he said that. Nobody could truly understand what actions they would take like that in a situation unless they lived it," he told CNN via Facebook.

The GOP presidential candidate has clarified the remarks he made on Fox News, saying Tuesday night on that network that he was "not judging (the shooting victims) at all."

I can understand how Dr. Carson could think that way....but I can tell you from experience that the mind simply doesn't work that way....I was once held up and the guy had a gun....he hit me in the head with it and I tried to run but as he ran after me, I stopped becauseI didn't want him to shoot me in the back....we tussled a bit and I fell to the ground and he told me he was going to shoot me if I kept resisting...I can tell you the barrel of the gun looked like it was as big as a cannon.....your perception is altered during a time like that...you are so focused on waiting to see if a bullet will come out of the gun that you are sort of paralyzed...its human nature not to resist in the face of overwhelming violence in the hope that the other guy will have some humanity and be lenient.....

the guy did rob me of a gold chain I was wearing...but he left it at that and didn't kill me....I'm not bitter at all about what happened and I'm actually grateful to this day to the robber that he didn't kill me....the police were great to me in this situatioin as well..they showed a lot of empathy and promised they'd try and catch the guy...(they didn't)....but the cops words were very comforting and soothing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:18 AM »
I can understand how Dr. Carson could think that way....but I can tell you from experience that the mind simply doesn't work that way....I was once held up and the guy had a gun....he hit me in the head with it and I tried to run but as he ran after me, I stopped becauseI didn't want him to shoot me in the back....we tussled a bit and I fell to the ground and he told me he was going to shoot me if I kept resisting...I can tell you the barrel of the gun looked like it was as big as a cannon.....your perception is altered during a time like that...you are so focused on waiting to see if a bullet will come out of the gun that you are sort of paralyzed...its human nature not to resist in the face of overwhelming violence in the hope that the other guy will have some humanity and be lenient.....

the guy did rob me of a gold chain I was wearing...but he left it at that and didn't kill me....I'm not bitter at all about what happened and I'm actually grateful to this day to the robber that he didn't kill me....the police were great to me in this situatioin as well..they showed a lot of empathy and promised they'd try and catch the guy...(they didn't)....but the cops words were very comforting and soothing.

carson is learning what a politician should know - you don't have to answer every Q, you don't have to reveal every experience, you don't have to solve every problem, you don't have to reveal every theory.

very quickly, we are realizing the brain surgeon isn't that mature, and lacks a great deal of common sense.   I know, "the left and Killay have ZERO commonsense [sic]".

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
carson is learning what a politician should know - you don't have to answer every Q, you don't have to reveal every experience, you don't have to solve every problem, you don't have to reveal every theory.

very quickly, we are realizing the brain surgeon isn't that mature, and lacks a great deal of common sense.   I know, "the left and Killay have ZERO commonsense [sic]".

I agree....Dr. Carson really shows that he has very limited real world thinking......almost 2 dimensional....he's brilliant but doesn't understand the street

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
I agree....Dr. Carson really shows that he has very limited real world thinking......almost 2 dimensional....he's brilliant but doesn't understand the street

for many 2-dimensional voters that use 1) religion and 2) anti-muslim
as their entire life and belief system, he's an awesome option.

He seems to lack that self-awareness which most really strong leaders have.   Those people were just killed and he's on national TV saying what HE would have done.  Then he tells us about a robbery at Popeye's Chicken where he did the exact opposite "Hey, you rob that dude, not me!"

WTF... He lacks awareness.  He lacks common sense.  He lacks emotional maturity.  But he sure does hate them muslims.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »
HAHAHA.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
Carson gave a cringe worthy interview on NPR yesterday
The dude is affable but also totally clueless

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/elections/full-interview-dr-ben-carson-economy

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »
for many 2-dimensional voters that use 1) religion and 2) anti-muslim
as their entire life and belief system, he's an awesome option.

He seems to lack that self-awareness which most really strong leaders have.   Those people were just killed and he's on national TV saying what HE would have done.  Then he tells us about a robbery at Popeye's Chicken where he did the exact opposite "Hey, you rob that dude, not me!"

WTF... He lacks awareness.  He lacks common sense.  He lacks emotional maturity.  But he sure does hate them muslims.

whats funny is that:

1. a world-renowned surgeon eats IN POPEYES...(he is inadvertantly promoting the fried chicken stereotype concerning blacks)..LOLOLOL
2. In a moment of durress, he panics and says "rob the other guy....not me"......LOLOLOL...thus putting his immediate problem on someone else..(which to be honest might be normal to do)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »
whats funny is that:

1. a world-renowned surgeon eats IN POPEYES...(he is inadvertantly promoting the fried chicken stereotype concerning blacks)..LOLOLOL
2. In a moment of durress, he panics and says "rob the other guy....not me"......LOLOLOL...thus putting his immediate problem on someone else..(which to be honest might be normal to do)

There are times - i'm only half-kidding - when I wonder if Carson is just trolling us like Trump is. 

I mean, this is like an ONION article.  "Hey, hey, go easy man, rob the other guy..."

He's either incredibly saavy, going for a certain audience with amazing shrewdness and calculation, or he's just a little off his hinges.  Likely the latter.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »

I hope they come out with "Carsoning" - People pawning off their serious problems on other people, and taking pictures of it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
I hope they come out with "Carsoning" - People pawning off their serious problems on other people, and taking pictures of it.

:D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »
Victimhood - Pass it sideways

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »

Given the lack of an actual police report... and the stack of lies Carson has given us...

Do you guys think it's possible, at all, that Carson just made up this robbery?