Author Topic: When are you starting your cut in 2016? Current Goals?  (Read 3554 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
When are you starting your cut in 2016? Current Goals?
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:53:29 AM »
Winter is almost here so of course every sensible getbigger is bulking right now, what bodyparts are you trying to bring up and when are you gonna start your cut for summer 16?

I'm going to start cutting on April 1st, so by the time we get to June-July the abs are gonna be out strong. My main focus over this winter bulk is going to be adding mass to my chest and abs, going to try and work my way to flat benching 315 for a good number of reps, I'm currently using 275x8. Doing shit loads of weighted ab work now as I mentioned in the other topic to add thickness there. I think I will finally have attained a full blown Sandow physique or better come July 2016 at 25 years old after being on getbig for nearly a decade lol epic slow progress.

Eating 3200 calories a day, around 300g carbs, 200g protein and 100g fat

when my cut starts it's gonna be down to 2200 net calories and I will push further down as low as 1800 net calories in the final month of the cut which will be 3-4 months long in total.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: When are you starting your cut in 2016? Current Goals?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »
is this something you do every winter?has the summer cut yielded any size gains from bulking.how do you measure this by tape measure or visual that the gains are real.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:57:16 AM »
The bulking/cutting thing is nonsense.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
I started too late last year and didn't get into the shape I needed by July.  Going to start on Nov 1.  Giving myself a 2 month headstart.  The older you get the harder it gets.

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:25 AM »
I'm trying to get down down from 195 to 165 by April. I wanna get shredded like Vegan Gains.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »
Stopped cut and bulk shit years ago. Leaner and bigger  all the time now and dont need the stupid "i will look better in june" shit all permabulkers spew out.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »
Wow high cals
I'm eating between 1300 and 1500 right now
Winter is almost here so of course every sensible getbigger is bulking right now, what bodyparts are you trying to bring up and when are you gonna start your cut for summer 16?

I'm going to start cutting on April 1st, so by the time we get to June-July the abs are gonna be out strong. My main focus over this winter bulk is going to be adding mass to my chest and abs, going to try and work my way to flat benching 315 for a good number of reps, I'm currently using 275x8. Doing shit loads of weighted ab work now as I mentioned in the other topic to add thickness there. I think I will finally have attained a full blown Sandow physique or better come July 2016 at 25 years old after being on getbig for nearly a decade lol epic slow progress.

Eating 3200 calories a day, around 300g carbs, 200g protein and 100g fat

when my cut starts it's gonna be down to 2200 net calories and I will push further down as low as 1800 net calories in the final month of the cut which will be 3-4 months long in total.
w

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 08:17:29 AM »
You should NEVER be so fat that you cannot see clear abdominals. Unless you are strctly a power lifter.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »
Man I just keep eating as much food as I can lifting with a little anabolic help on top. I increae cardio around summer time and cut out some sweets. I look great every summer lol.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 08:30:16 AM »
OP needs to post a recent pic to erase the memory of the green shirt/arm shot.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 08:31:39 AM »
The bulking/cutting thing is nonsense.

I agree with this. Most people I see bulking are bulking with fat.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
I'm doing much more cardio, eating far less carbs, eating more lean protein, drinking a lot more water, a bit more supplementation, moderate to heavy weights, 5-6 days a week training, baggy clothes at gym, trying to lose fat and keep it off.   Going pretty good so far.....long way to go.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »
I agree with this. Most people I see bulking are bulking with fat.

The problem with me is that when I'm not in cutting mode I just eat like a motherfker. When I'm cutting you can put Pizza, Ice Cream, Chocolate or anything in my face and I will push it away, but when I'm not cutting I just fucking eat. So I have to go through the bulking and cutting yearly cycle. As a natural it's almost impossible to put on muscle without fat as well.

Doing steady body re-composition naturally is depressing and requires a rigidly controlled diet year around which is beyond me mentally. If I know that I will be able to eat well 8 months of the year and Cut 4 months of the year I can get into the zone and the epic transformation that occurs is cool too. Then you look good for 3-5 months during/after the cut during summer and go into bulk mode again lol.

By the way, who the fuck can have year around ripped abs and still make good gains as a natural? I'm yet to see someone do this.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »
OP needs to post a recent pic to erase the memory of the green shirt/arm shot.
2016After my next cut I will most likely don the green shirt again.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 08:51:26 AM »
Wow high cals
I'm eating between 1300 and 1500 right now

That's way to low....what's your weight and height? and are you on a keto diet?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 08:54:52 AM »
315 x 8 on the bench is pretty damn strong.

I don't really have any major goals. I've maxed out naturally and have become content with my swimmer's physique but there are small improvements I can make on my condition and strength between now and next summer.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »
Last summer I started my cut early May for vacation in late August. I got in really good shape about 6 weeks into my cut and maintained until vacation. I'm thinking of doing something similar next summer, except maybe diet down slower instead of crash dieting like I did.
The plan is to end my bulk in March, maintain weight for a month, then start a slow cut early April.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
Dead set on "cutting" early spring to then fill out closer to summer. The filling out period always looks better for me.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
i stopped that myslef years back, the only extra cutting i do in the summer is less food and more swet simply because its hot as hell out and my craving for food just is not there as much, not by choice,

stay on the diet year round for the most part but december and part of january i do tend to binge a bit on holiday foods

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
That's way to low....what's your weight and height? and are you on a keto diet?
hmmm is it?? I got down to 173 with low body fat I'm happy with
I'm not on keto
What calorie level would u advise? I've been experimenting with refeed high cal days
w

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
I'm doing much more cardio, eating far less carbs, eating more lean protein, drinking a lot more water, a bit more supplementation, moderate to heavy weights, 5-6 days a week training, baggy clothes at gym, trying to lose fat and keep it off.   Going pretty good so far.....long way to go.

Forget cardio..Cardio makes me hungry as shit.  Would rather just diet hard and do regular workouts.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »
i stopped that myslef years back, the only extra cutting i do in the summer is less food and more swet simply because its hot as hell out and my craving for food just is not there as much, not by choice,

stay on the diet year round for the most part but december and part of january i do tend to binge a bit on holiday foods

It's depressing as fuck that as naturals if we want really defined abs year around we have to stay around 2500-2750 net calories only lol! I just can't do it.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
The problem with me is that when I'm not in cutting mode I just eat like a motherfker. When I'm cutting you can put Pizza, Ice Cream, Chocolate or anything in my face and I will push it away, but when I'm not cutting I just fucking eat. So I have to go through the bulking and cutting yearly cycle. As a natural it's almost impossible to put on muscle without fat as well.

Doing steady body re-composition naturally is depressing and requires a rigidly controlled diet year around which is beyond me mentally. If I know that I will be able to eat well 8 months of the year and Cut 4 months of the year I can get into the zone and the epic transformation that occurs is cool too. Then you look good for 3-5 months during/after the cut during summer and go into bulk mode again lol.

By the way, who the fuck can have year around ripped abs and still make good gains as a natural? I'm yet to see someone do this.

What I have found is that the reason people binge and can't stop eating is because they go on too low calorie diets during their cuts.  Then when they come off they "bulk" and eat everything in sight because their bodies are starving for nutrients and during your cut you're going to be burning less calories anyway because you're smaller and because your body has adapted to lower calories.  I think it's counterproductive for real gains and getting lean.

I tend to work in 12 week cycles.  I guess you could call it a 12 week "bulk" but it's not really.  All it is is adding more red meat, changing my workouts to more of a split routine, and cutting the cardio to about 3x per week for 30 minutes.  Then I switch it back to dropping red meat and doing more full body workouts, HIIT, and all.  If I have something to be ready for, then I do less carbs, and I'm a little more careful of carbs around workout time but never for an extended period of time.

I don't believe in bulking on pizza and ice cream.  To me that's just an excuse to eat junk and get fat.  I worked with a guy once who would eat 3 double doubles and fries from In N Out and say he was bulking.  

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »
What I have found is that the reason people binge and can't stop eating is because they go on too low calorie diets during their cuts.  Then when they come off they "bulk" and eat everything in sight because their bodies are starving for nutrients and during your cut you're going to be burning less calories anyway because you're smaller and because your body has adapted to lower calories.  I think it's counterproductive for real gains and getting lean.

I tend to work in 12 week cycles.  I guess you could call it a 12 week "bulk" but it's not really.  All it is is adding more red meat, changing my workouts to more of a split routine, and cutting the cardio to about 3x per week for 30 minutes.  Then I switch it back to dropping red meat and doing more full body workouts, HIIT, and all.  If I have something to be ready for, then I do less carbs, and I'm a little more careful of carbs around workout time but never for an extended period of time.

I don't believe in bulking on pizza and ice cream.  To me that's just an excuse to eat junk and get fat.  I worked with a guy once who would eat 3 double doubles and fries from In N Out and say he was bulking.  

Seems like you follow a body-recomposition style diet rather than a true bulk/cut cycle.

when bulking I follow the IFYM principles so I just fit ice cream and pizza into my daily macros if I'm going to eat them at all, maybe 2-3 days a week I eat some junk too, maybe sometimes I stray a few hundred calories over 3200 but not too much because I tell myself that I'm gonna have to pay those calories back one day lol.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »
Forget cardio..Cardio makes me hungry as shit.  Would rather just diet hard and do regular workouts.

I don't have the luxury of avoiding cardio anymore.  I have to eat clean, limit carbs, limit calories, lift heavy and cardio regularly.....and I hate cardio.