Author Topic: When are you starting your cut in 2016? Current Goals?  (Read 3553 times)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
Re: When are you starting your cut in 2016? Current Goals?
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
hmmm is it?? I got down to 173 with low body fat I'm happy with
I'm not on keto
What calorie level would u advise? I've been experimenting with refeed high cal days

If it's working for you than I guess stick with it but those calories seem very low. How are your energy levels during the day at work?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »
I don't have the luxury of avoiding cardio anymore.  I have to eat clean, limit carbs, limit calories, lift heavy and cardio regularly.....and I hate cardio.
I watched a Lee Priest clip once where he said he would rather do cardio and get to eat an extra meal and I feel the same way. There is a lot of bro science relating to cardio raising the metabolism for a while after it's completed as well.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 09:08:58 AM »
I don't have the luxury of avoiding cardio anymore.  I have to eat clean, limit carbs, limit calories, lift heavy and cardio regularly.....and I hate cardio.

Can't you just pray for epic leans?  Just kidding :)

When I do Cardio I want to eat everything around the house but I just do weight lifting my appetite sucks so it helps when I diet.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »
I watched a Lee Priest clip once where he said he would rather do cardio and get to eat an extra meal and I feel the same way. There is a lot of bro science relating to cardio raising the metabolism for a while after it's completed as well.

I've just accepted that I'm a "taste addict".  I love the tasty-taste of good food and drink in my piehole LOL!!  I know sodas are the devil, but when I have an ice cold Cherry Coke in my mouth I'm happy, warm and fuzzy.  

Still, I gotta push through and do the stupid cardio and not indulge the taste buds as much.....sucks.

According to GB I'm "deathbed, seconds from heart attack, morbidly obese, dumpster fire, waste of oxygen" status.......I'd rather just be "GB fat" (aka dang good shape for the real world).

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 09:12:44 AM »

Unless getting ready to compete - cardio is not needed to get ripped. I do it because of the health benefits but I have friends that are in their 40's and stay lean year round with little to no cardio at all.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »
I've just accepted that I'm a "taste addict".  I love the tasty-taste of good food and drink in my piehole LOL!!  I know sodas are the devil, but when I have an ice cold Cherry Coke in my mouth I'm happy, warm and fuzzy.  

Still, I gotta push through and do the stupid cardio and not indulge the taste buds as much.....sucks.

Soda is about the worst thing you can do to yourself  ???

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:24 AM »
Soda is about the worst thing you can do to yourself  ???

Yep, why I'm not drinking them.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
Unless getting ready to compete - cardio is not needed to get ripped. I do it because of the health benefits but I have friends that are in their 40's and stay lean year round with little to no cardio at all.
I'M IN MY 40'S ..STAY LEAN ALL YEAR ,,ZERO CARDIO...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »
I'M IN MY 40'S ..STAY LEAN ALL YEAR ,,ZERO CARDIO...

Yeah, my body ain't like yours.   I can add muscle and bodyfat at about the same rate.....the "endomorph".   My state of "lean" would be your state of "fully depressed, please kill me now, deathbed obesity".....guaranteed.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
If it's working for you than I guess stick with it but those calories seem very low. How are your energy levels during the day at work?
energy is good
I notice I am hungry at meals more and I need to do a refeed every few days or so
w

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »
Seems like you follow a body-recomposition style diet rather than a true bulk/cut cycle.

when bulking I follow the IFYM principles so I just fit ice cream and pizza into my daily macros if I'm going to eat them at all, maybe 2-3 days a week I eat some junk too, maybe sometimes I stray a few hundred calories over 3200 but not too much because I tell myself that I'm gonna have to pay those calories back one day lol.

Yep.

Honestly I hear a lot of these new school coaches who have all this scientific evidence for what they do and act like they have some super secrets when everyone is so different that you can't generalize from some studies done on a small segment of the population that they tout as evidence.  I tell people not to waste money on most of these coaches.  

I had a new school coach tell me not to do fasted cardio when trying to lean out because the scientific evidence went against it.  I told her that my body evidence showed that it works for me.  I follow a lot of the old school principles that I learned years ago and it's kept me going more than these new school gurus who will diet people to death for a few months and then their clients end up looking skinny and getting fat later on or plateauing.

Like I tell people don't waste your money on most of these people.  Learn your own body and what works.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »
Yeah, my body ain't like yours.   I can add muscle and bodyfat at about the same rate.....the "endomorph".   My state of "lean" would be your state of "fully depressed, please kill me now, deathbed obesity".....guaranteed.
NAHHH,,,YOUR A TANK IN CLOTHES AND WIIIDEEEEE,,,YOUR THE BIG GUY IN THE ROOM...

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »
energy is good
I notice I am hungry at meals more and I need to do a refeed every few days or so

I could never go that low with my calories. I feel my energy ZAPPED if I was to even do 1800 calories a day. Working out in the morning is probably what allows you do to this because my workouts would suffer if I was eating that little and hitting the gym after work

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:54 AM »
Can't you just pray for epic leans?  Just kidding :)

When I do Cardio I want to eat everything around the house but I just do weight lifting my appetite sucks so it helps when I diet.

You gotta pray!!!  :D

I take in much more water, snack on small portions of nuts and beef jerky between meals, take in my carbs at midday meals, limit carbs to almost nothing at night, do the stupid cardio and lift weights hard and heavy as usual.   Extra water and clean higher protein snacks helps with appetite.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 09:27:34 AM »
You gotta pray!!!  :D

I take in much more water, snack on small portions of nuts and beef jerky between meals, take in my carbs at midday meals, limit carbs to almost nothing at night, do the stupid cardio and lift weights hard and heavy as usual.   Extra water and clean higher protein snacks helps with appetite.
What do you weigh?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »
NAHHH,,,YOUR A TANK IN CLOTHES AND WIIIDEEEEE,,,YOUR THE BIG GUY IN THE ROOM...

This is a true story, but on the beach you're flat out prettier than me LOL!!  All good.....I like the tank look.   I'm just a nice tank.   ;) 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
What do you weigh?

Honestly, don't even know.....I'd guess about 320 right now.  Working on gettin the ole fat suit off....it's coming slowly.   I have the O-line, powerlifter look.....I get that all the time.  

I just hate that stupid cardio stuff, but I get my butt on the tread or the stairs and get sweaty.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 09:30:33 AM »
Honestly, don't even know.....I'd guess about 320 right now.  Working on gettin the ole fat suit off....it's coming slowly.   I have the O-line, powerlifter look.....I get that all the time. 

Ouch! how tall?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
Ouch! how tall?

5'11"......people I know are LARGE so those numbers don't shock me.

Heart health, blood pressure, cholesterol....all that stuff is tip top right now.

Just fat LOL.  There's a bunch of muscle as well, but too much fat.....working on it.

I admire Josh for his honesty on these boards.....I try to be honest like that too with who I am and not.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »
I could never go that low with my calories. I feel my energy ZAPPED if I was to even do 1800 calories a day. Working out in the morning is probably what allows you do to this because my workouts would suffer if I was eating that little and hitting the gym after work
yeah I agree
Im gonna raise my cals a bit I think
w

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »
5'11"......people I know are LARGE so those numbers don't shock me.

Heart health, blood pressure, cholesterol....all that stuff is tip top right now.

Just fat LOL.  There's a bunch of muscle as well, but too much fat.....working on it.

I admire Josh for his honesty on these boards.....I try to be honest like that too with who I am and not.

If you recently axed the soda that should help a lot. Hfcs is worthless in your life and a large reason you are 320 lbs.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
If you recently axed the soda that should help a lot. Hfcs is worthless in your life and a large reason you are 320 lbs.

Oh no doubt it has!  I've just been lazy and unmotivated for too long LOL.  Today, I'm feeling mucyh more like my old self in the gym again.  

Just gonna take time because I don't use chemicals.  I have my personal Everest to climb and I'm 100 ft up right now.

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »
I am curently 70 kgs  at 1,80m and I have already started the passage to my bulking season, trying with a serius way, avoiding cheat meals, to add some quality size.

Moderate use of supplements, a little bit cardio 4 times a week and a lot of quility food.

My goal is to ritch 80 kgs at lower of 14% bodyfat, to start cutting at the first Monday of May 2016.

I wish the very best to everyone!!!

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 09:55:08 AM »

Sodas and alcohol are the enemies if you're trying to lose fat.  That should be the first thing to go if you're getting your health back.  All of that sugar just sets you up for failure

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 09:55:09 AM »
I am curently 70 kgs  at 1,80m and I have already started the passage to my bulking season, trying with a serius way, avoiding cheat meals, to add some quality size.

Moderate use of supplements, a little bit cardio 4 times a week and a lot of quility food.

My goal is to ritch 80 kgs at lower of 14% bodyfat, to start cutting at the first Monday of May 2016.

I wish the very best to everyone!!!

Likin that beard there stud!