Author Topic: Any metalhead getbiggers?  (Read 205490 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Any metalhead getbiggers?
« Reply #875 on: December 02, 2020, 12:00:24 PM »
LOL - WTF are you talking about?  Have you only listened to a few songs?

Check this jammie out.  Dude - they slay.  I love metallica too. 

I FNG love this song to lift too 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #876 on: December 02, 2020, 12:28:24 PM »
GAME OVER

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #877 on: December 02, 2020, 12:30:41 PM »
LOL - WTF are you talking about?  Have you only listened to a few songs?

Check this jammie out.  Dude - they slay.  I love metallica too. 

Some sections sound like Maiden's Wasted Years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #878 on: December 02, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »

The more I go into the Megadeth catalouge the more i like them. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #879 on: December 02, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »

I love that galloping tempo!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #880 on: December 02, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
The more I go into the Megadeth catalouge the more i like them.

I never liked Mustaine's vocals but he sounds better here than the early albums.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: December 02, 2020, 12:40:01 PM »
I never liked Mustaine's vocals but he sounds better here than the early albums.

I love the variety of his song topics - check this out.   I promise you are going to love it,. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #882 on: December 02, 2020, 12:44:35 PM »

Dude when Dave says "You know what  . . .  you suck!!!!"   -   dude!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #883 on: December 02, 2020, 12:47:07 PM »
To me - Megadeth destroys Metallica.  I used to love metallica and still do - but since listening to all the others - you realize how overrated they are.   

There is no single Metallica song that holds a candle to this entire album.  And I love Metallica too!   Maybe Orion   which is a masterpiece.  But of the Big 4 Metallica is the bottom for me -  Its Megadeth / Slayer 1/2 - Anthrax 3 and Metallica 4. 

This to me is a FNG masterpiece. 

Love Megadeth and Old Metallica (Ride the Lightning, Master of Poopsies etc), but also these

Q

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #884 on: December 02, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
New Testament. Chuck Billy sounds as good as ever.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #885 on: December 02, 2020, 01:49:31 PM »
New Testament. Chuck Billy sounds as good as ever.

Wow loving this one BBuildah!

Great song!
Q

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #886 on: December 02, 2020, 03:09:41 PM »
Wow loving this one BBuildah!

Great song!

F yeah.  New Testament rocks

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #887 on: December 02, 2020, 05:37:56 PM »
To me - Megadeth destroys Metallica.  I used to love metallica and still do - but since listening to all the others - you realize how overrated they are.   

There is no single Metallica song that holds a candle to this entire album.  And I love Metallica too!   Maybe Orion   which is a masterpiece.  But of the Big 4 Metallica is the bottom for me -  Its Megadeth / Slayer 1/2 - Anthrax 3 and Metallica 4. 

This to me is a FNG masterpiece. 

Orion is one of my favorite Metallica songs. Fight Fire with Fire is up there too.

The Rust in Peace album is top 5 best in history, no questions asked.

I grew up playing the guitar, my cousin used to play covers for Guns n Roses all over the country. He's an amazing guitarist, still has a band today. When i asked him why he didn't cover any Megadeth songs, he just said they were too technical and needed 100% attention to not mess up on stage or get out of sync, very fast songs. Metallica is like that too, Het and his "downstrokes" only play style is VERY difficult. You have to be super fast.

I remember trying to learn Hanger 18 in high school. LOL Not a chance.  It's top level skill. Try 194 BPM! ;)

The best i could manage was Tornado of Souls, just the intro. ;D

If you have never played guitar, you probably don't understand how amazing Megadeth really is, just from the difficulty factor.

They were very good in concert too, as long as Dave wasn't too messed up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #888 on: December 03, 2020, 01:30:45 AM »
Good post. 

Orion is one of my favorite Metallica songs. Fight Fire with Fire is up there too.

The Rust in Peace album is top 5 best in history, no questions asked.

I grew up playing the guitar, my cousin used to play covers for Guns n Roses all over the country. He's an amazing guitarist, still has a band today. When i asked him why he didn't cover any Megadeth songs, he just said they were too technical and needed 100% attention to not mess up on stage or get out of sync, very fast songs. Metallica is like that too, Het and his "downstrokes" only play style is VERY difficult. You have to be super fast.

I remember trying to learn Hanger 18 in high school. LOL Not a chance.  It's top level skill. Try 194 BPM! ;)

The best i could manage was Tornado of Souls, just the intro. ;D

If you have never played guitar, you probably don't understand how amazing Megadeth really is, just from the difficulty factor.

They were very good in concert too, as long as Dave wasn't too messed up.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #889 on: December 03, 2020, 02:53:42 AM »
[/youtube]

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #890 on: December 03, 2020, 03:53:57 AM »
I listened to all the Megadeth songs posted and I'm sorry guys, they suck compared to Metallica.  The song Washington Is Next has great guitar but Mustaine's voice just ruins the song and the lyrics are spotty at best.  Rhe song 1000 Times Goodbye is a beta simp song that has no business being on a metal album.  The other songs are just incomplete.  Great guitar but shitty lyrics and vocals.  Metallica's worst song is better than Megadeth's best.  There is a reason why Metallica has sold millions and millions of albums and Megadeth has sold far far less.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: December 03, 2020, 04:21:41 AM »
Load and Reload were pure crap.  There were a few decent songs on Death Magnetic and Hardwired, thats it., 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #892 on: December 03, 2020, 04:48:05 AM »
I listened to all the Megadeth songs posted and I'm sorry guys, they suck compared to Metallica.  The song Washington Is Next has great guitar but Mustaine's voice just ruins the song and the lyrics are spotty at best.  Rhe song 1000 Times Goodbye is a beta simp song that has no business being on a metal album.  The other songs are just incomplete.  Great guitar but shitty lyrics and vocals.  Metallica's worst song is better than Megadeth's best.  There is a reason why Metallica has sold millions and millions of albums and Megadeth has sold far far less.

The main reason is how soft (commercial) they went from their early days (more commercial, so more sales). 1st 3 albums were intense, after that sort of blah...
They did the right thing financially though. I saw them on Master of Puppets w/ Clif on Bass (open for Ozzy), it was amazing, brutal. Now they are a mainstream band.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #893 on: December 03, 2020, 07:49:37 AM »
When Metallica stopped drinking and drugging and cut their hair they went to absolute shit

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #894 on: December 03, 2020, 08:39:54 AM »

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #895 on: December 03, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
Megadeth has produced some OK new stuff, but their older stuff is definitely best.

I was PISSED at Metallica for St. Anger. It's completely unlistenable. I barely gave Death Magnetic a chance after that. However, Hardwired is actually pretty darn good. Give it a good listen. Some really great stuff on there. They are already working on a follow-up with this covid downtime.

Love me some good Overkill. Saw them quite a few times back in the day. Even shared some drinks with the singer. Like most bands, their older stuff is best.

Testament is the one thrash band that I'd say just gets better. They rule! (even though guitarist Alex Skolnick is a left-wing nitwit, who constantly posts anti-Trump stuff).

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #896 on: December 03, 2020, 09:28:50 AM »
Load and Reload were pure crap.  There were a few decent songs on Death Magnetic and Hardwired, thats it.,
s

Yep Nikki Sixx wrote Lars a letter n called the album a Load of Crap

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #897 on: December 03, 2020, 09:30:09 AM »

Dave Mustang doesn’t sing, he speaks, actually he doesn’t speak he spits

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #898 on: December 03, 2020, 09:39:20 AM »
[/youtube]

Great song. Always liked Buckethead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #899 on: December 03, 2020, 09:49:35 AM »
Megadeth stuff on Peace Sells such as Good Mourning, the Conjuring, Devils Island, Wake Up Dead is pure fng metal to your face. 

Megadeth has produced some OK new stuff, but their older stuff is definitely best.

I was PISSED at Metallica for St. Anger. It's completely unlistenable. I barely gave Death Magnetic a chance after that. However, Hardwired is actually pretty darn good. Give it a good listen. Some really great stuff on there. They are already working on a follow-up with this covid downtime.

Love me some good Overkill. Saw them quite a few times back in the day. Even shared some drinks with the singer. Like most bands, their older stuff is best.

Testament is the one thrash band that I'd say just gets better. They rule! (even though guitarist Alex Skolnick is a left-wing nitwit, who constantly posts anti-Trump stuff).