Author Topic: Supplements for 18 yr. old  (Read 5002 times)

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Supplements for 18 yr. old
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »
My son is 18 and has been lifting for 4 yrs., he has competed once. The problem is that he has hit a plateau. He is currently doing creatine and protein. His gains have stop. He asked me today if there are any supplements out there that will help him make gains. I want to be sure he doesn't head down the steroid road so I am asking for help. Are there any good products out there so he can see results? Thank you for any info.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Supplements for 18 yr. old
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
His biggest problem is more then likely that he's not eating enough food, and if he's like a lot of 18yr old guys he's not getting enough sleep either.

He might also examine his training routines. If he’s been doing roughly the same thing for a while, even if it consistent his progress will halt…may be a good time to totally revamp his training program.

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
  • The South Shall Rise Again!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:02:59 PM »
food, food, and more food.  tell him its stupid to even consider steroids yet.  he has so much natural gear pumping thru his veins he can make huge gains.
The General

dinsf2004

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
It sounds like your son needs to switch his workout.  A lot of people get into a routine and do the same lifts over and over.  When you hit a plateau, you need to change your workout.  For example, if he uses the bench press for his chest he should stop using bench press for two weeks and instead use dumbells.  Another thing he could try is to use the smith machine and load it up with about twice what he can normally bench and instead of benchig the weight hold it up until his muscles reach exhaustion. Do this 5-6 times instead of benching for two weeks.  Your kid also needs to make sure that he is not over training.  If he is lifting every day his muscles will not have enough time to recover.  Make sure he lifts each muscle group only once per week in a direct workout its ok to indirectly work our a muscle group more than once i.e., your tri muscles get worked out in doing bench but you should work out your arms directly another day that week however, you don't want to directly work out a muscle group twice a week i.e., you should not work your chest out using bench, incline and decline more than once a week). 

Once you have made sure that he is lifting correctly, have him add NO Xplode from BSN.  NO Xplode is a prework out supplement that will give him more energy and better muscle pumps.  NO Xplode is an energy booster that ups the body's level of NO2 and increaases blood flow to the muscles.  Its completely safe and is not a steroid.  He may also try using ZMA.  You take ZMA before going to bed on days you work out and it helps with muscle recovery. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 03:10:13 PM »
food, food, and more food.  tell him its stupid to even consider steroids yet.  he has so much natural gear pumping thru his veins he can make huge gains.
what age would you say that starts to end??
bodybuildersreality.com

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 03:22:30 PM »
what age would you say that starts to end??

Early twenties.  It's all downhill from there, ...unless you take care of yourself.  :(
w

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:24:13 PM »
pump the creatine, with that and the bizillions of hormones running thru that young body it will be like a full blown juice cycle
P

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 10:08:50 PM »
18 years :o
eat..................... ........................ ........
and he will grew in no time...........
tell him to hit the buffet line.......

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
Eat more, change up the routine.  I'm guessing its a routine thing.  At 18, f**K I grew like a weed then. 

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »
Here's a novel suggestion: get him off of that shit creatine and give him some food.
young niggah greedy

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 03:43:04 PM »
at 18, his growth hormones are in overdrive! tell him not to worry! eat and lift real heavy!  ;)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 07:09:51 PM »
im 16, and take creatine, protein...and carbohydrates.    make sure he has a good pure carbohydrate source in his post workout shake.    with out  carbs, whats going to transport all that protein into the muscle? nothing.  so youve gotta keep your carb to protein ratio at about 2:1.

dont worry about any fat gains either....i have a rather high bf % and since ive started adding in the carbs, my bf% has actually gone down a bit.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 09:35:42 PM »
what about a good weight gain powder???

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 09:37:07 PM »
he has trouble eating enough with school and work, i think he needs more calories, maybe a weight gainer

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 11:21:51 PM »
weight gainer before bed..

Coolwater99

• Getbig II
  • Get Big Or Die Trying!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:28:44 PM »
My son is 18 and has been lifting for 4 yrs., he has competed once. The problem is that he has hit a plateau. He is currently doing creatine and protein. His gains have stop. He asked me today if there are any supplements out there that will help him make gains. I want to be sure he doesn't head down the steroid road so I am asking for help. Are there any good products out there so he can see results? Thank you for any info.

18 is a great time for growth. I can recall when I was 18. I weighed about 150LBS & was workingout on daliy basis. I did not have great generics so at that time I supplemented with the basics: creatine,protien,glutamine & and Andro-legal at the time. The following 4 yrs after college I was a new person. I weighed close to 200lbs at 5'8. Your boys testosterone levels are still high my friend. Stick with the basics supplements that are most effective in today's market. I would recommend a creatine ester,nitric oxide, whey protein, flaxseed oil-(liquid version), glutamine, & multivitamins. He should gain some substantial mass with this stack! Good luck!
Why Do We Cheat?

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »
Thanks for all the info. everyone has provided. It was greatly appreciated.

Bastygone

• Getbig II
  • my wang
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 04:45:15 PM »
Basically, food, food, and food, a multivitamin, creatine, whey protein shakes, you have all the bases covered.

squigga23

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
eat, eat and eat..... and an extra meal....if he's only eating 2-3 meals and some shakes that's the problem right there.....more whoel food meals also add some olive oil to a protein shake for some healthy fats for more calories and an extra shake or two if he's having trouble getting down extra whole foods.....also....how are his gains strength wise....has he been progressing or at a stand still?....at 18 supplements are the least of his concern....heavy compound exercises in good form and eating more calories are the best things for him.
true protein.co