Author Topic: Did you snip your dog?  (Read 3063 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Did you snip your dog?
« on: October 21, 2015, 08:12:05 AM »
For dog owners, did you have your  male dog neutered?  For those without dogs, would you hesitate to neuter your dog if you had one?

(Our dog is neutered. )

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Re: Did you snip your dog?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:56 AM »
Unless you plan on breeding your dog, it is irresponsible not to have it neutered.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »
Unless you plan on breeding your dog, it is irresponsible not to have it neutered.

For some it's a no-brainer, but for others, it's a source of controversy ( just like circumcision :-\ )

Was having a discussion at work and dogs came up and one of my co-workers mentioned how he couldn't let his dog walk around without his balls. He was a 'brew (like me) and this was one of those topics I just decided to fall back on. Another guy (white, but a pit owner like the first guy) chimed in agreeing.

I remember an episode of "Married with Children" in which Al was having a difficult time coming to terms with snipping Buck. And when I was younger, I listened to Stern and remember him talking about how he had to get a female dog because wouldn't be able to stand looking at a male dog's balls.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
It was a requirement when I rescued my puppy

a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »

In NYC, if  an animal is released from a shelter-whether it's for adoption or after being impounded temporarily- it has to be "fixed". This was actually the discussion. If your animal is somehow apprehended by the city and you chose not to have it fixed, then the city legally obligated to spay or neuter it before allowing it to be returned to your possession.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:48:23 AM »

What a cutie. Kind of looks like a deer in this pic

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »
What a cutie. Kind of looks like a deer in this pic

Thanks, he is great. A corgi/doxie mix. My girlfriend and I HAD to adopt him as soon as we saw him run. Very smart, very stubborn.
a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
Thanks, he is great. A corgi/doxie mix. My girlfriend and I HAD to adopt him as soon as we saw him run. Very smart, very stubborn.

Great dog!

Dogs being pack animals are happier when socialized with other dogs. If not neutered, accidents are going to happen.
There are plenty of homeless dogs, unwanted pregnancies just leads to more being euthanized.

Also, when a male dog is in tact, they are often a target for other males...they sometimes can be more aggressive too.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
As a person that regularly rescues dogs, not getting them spayed or neutered is irresponsible and just fucking retarded. It's fitting that a brain-dead 'brew is this thread's poster child for this ass-hattery. Just fix your dog so litters of puppies don't have to go in the dumpster.

Fucking retards.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »

glad he's in good hands. Best of luck to you

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 09:07:19 AM »
It's fitting that a brain-dead 'brew is this thread's poster child for this ass-hattery.

It's not fitting or even accurate.   ::)

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »
As a person that regularly rescues dogs, not getting them spayed or neutered is irresponsible and just fucking retarded. It's fitting that a brain-dead 'brew is this thread's poster child for this ass-hattery. Just fix your dog so litters of puppies don't have to go in the dumpster.

Fucking retards.

AJ, a little edgy today ?

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »

what's wrong with you? plenty of well trained dogs who have never been neutered. i owned an un-neutered rottweiler who was only aggressive towards intruders and never caused an issue.

if you can't look after an un-neutered dog then you shouldn't own a dog in the first place. people who need their dogs neutered because they can't take care of them and how they act in their surroundings should not own dogs!!

fix yourself before your dog.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
what's wrong with you? plenty of well trained dogs who have never been neutered. i owned an un-neutered rottweiler who was only aggressive towards intruders.

you want your dog to suffer the same low test you have? someone you can share the pain with? if you can't look after an un-neutered dog then you shouldn't own a dog in the first place.

Do you trust your dog to decide who is really an intruder?
a

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
Do you trust your dog to decide who is really an intruder?

if someone jumps in my back garden, they're in an intruder. not rocket science is it?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
if someone jumps in my back garden, they're in an intruder. not rocket science is it?

Just as long as your dog stays in the backyard for its entire life.

a

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
Just as long as your dog stays in the backyard for its entire life.

or if you leave the door open for him to go inside and outside....you're not very good at this are you?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
apparently not

bet that dog wasn't neutered and thought the cop was an intruder.
a

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
Living in an urban environment: Yes.
Living in a rural environment: No.

Granted the dog would have very different lives (and different breed) given those circumstances.
When there's frequent/a lot of interaction with other dogs I don't find it responsible.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »
im just not a fan of it, why get a dog in the first place if you're going to take away his personality?

people who's dogs run wild shouldn't be allowed to get them in the first place. if you're getting a dog and plan to train him and look after him + make sure to be responsible for him then you don't need to neuter him.

if you're concerned about the dog having too overpowering of a personality, you can usually tell from a young age and you can train him from a young age too.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 09:58:26 AM »
But look at the demographic who idolize/own these aggressive breeds; do they seem like the type who will take the time to properly train their animal?

You seem like a guy who gets upset that your parents circumcised you without your consent.
a

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »
apparently not

lol a clearly aggressive/untrained dog attacking someone who looks to be at the front door? kind of irrelevant to my point!

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
But look at the demographic who idolize/own these aggressive breeds; do they seem like the type who will take the time to properly train their animal?

You seem like a guy who gets upset that your parents circumcised you without your consent.

thats my point bro, in an ideal world they shouldn't be allowed to own dogs.
and those kind of people are very unlikely to neuter their dogs in the first place, they keep them as status symbols.

but for more responsible owners, they really don't need to neuter their dogs. if they have concerns like the one's i mentioned then maybe wait on getting a dog to begin with until they're ready and prepared for one?

(uncircumcised btw lol)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
apparently not

guy is a wuss afraid of a little dog... :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
i just really hate animal cruelty, with a passion! (not saying this is animal cruelty) but things people do like irresponsibly breeding dogs for cash and keeping them in poor conditions causing an overpopulation of dogs, people raising them to attack everyone and to act as a status symbol etc
if it wasn't for these idiots then i don't think neutering would be as widespread as it is, so people may not feel the need to resort to it.

people in this thread tagging anyone who doesn't neuter their dog as irresponsible is bs imo. people who do the things mentioned above and can't look after their dogs are irresponsible.

but nothing against anyone who's neutered their dog, animal welfare is just something i get worked up about! lol