Author Topic: Speaking of Bodybuilding Judges  (Read 1527 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Speaking of Bodybuilding Judges
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
The new pro league should offer former Mr. Olympias and high level pro competitors some cash to be the judges at their shows.  I'd love to see a show where the judges were:

Platz
Ronnie
Flex
Levrone
Zane
Gaspari
Haney

Why not, what else Is the IFBB doing for them?  Offer them each 15k.  And if the IFBB tries to blacklist maybe move to a lower tier who got nothing going on like Bannout, Dillett, Mike Quinn, Bob Paris, etc.

And instruct them to judge in whatever direction they think bodybuilding should go.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: Speaking of Bodybuilding Judges
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
The new pro league should offer former Mr. Olympias and high level pro competitors some cash to be the judges at their shows.  I'd love to see a show where the judges were:

Platz
Ronnie
Flex
Levrone
Zane
Gaspari
Haney

Why not, what else Is the IFBB doing for them?  Offer them each 15k.  And if the IFBB tries to blacklist maybe move to a lower tier who got nothing going on like Bannout, Dillett, Mike Quinn, Bob Paris, etc.

And instruct them to judge in whatever direction they think bodybuilding should go.

Wouldn't work. Judging would be too fair and bloated guts will not be rewarded (except by Ronnie).

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
Imagine if Mike Mentzer was still alive and he became a judge!

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 09:48:04 AM »
I can't understand why no former Mr Olympias or any of the legends are not on the Olympia judging panel. Makes zero sense except if it's all bullshit

Let me tell you on Friday night NOBODY had Phil in first. These people knew way more than I did and they didn't have him in first. Went back to the room to see what people were saying online and all of em said the same things. When the score sheets came out he had a near perfect score.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
Is there anyone that thinks judging is NOT corrupt?

They don't even care anymore to hide it.. thompson is friends with phil, branch is a "force" after being picked apart by 99 % of people... Come on

As long as they have this mr o "competition" - a big pr scheme to nourish the vague idea of a "sport" and "stars" - to keep selling fart powder to naive youth they cash in and let us complain here at getbig.. I don't think they care anymore

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
A guy like David Dearth could potentially bring a little flair and excitement to the judging lineup.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
What former Pros would be Bodybuilding Judges for $5000?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »
A guy like David Dearth could potentially bring a little flair and excitement to the judging lineup.

Riding back and forth on his bicycle?

Seriously I don't know why someone doesn't set it up (panties, coward).  Even lesser lights would add much more credibility and enjoyment than the schmoe fest of judges now.  Im sure lots would do it for $5000 and a plane ticket and hotel.  Also a chance to maybe put the IFBB in its place.

What the hell is Franco doing?  Shit Lou will sit around for $20 photos ($5000 is 250 photos).  Robby clearly needs money.  All these guys from the 80s and 90s still out there.  Just make it only former pro show winners and you'd have a bunch.  Christ Shawn Ray is the cheapest SOB on earth, for $5000 he'd do it.

They could pay for the whole thing with a big brunch or after party that many fans would love to go to because there'd be old pros hanging around.

What other old pros do you think would do it for $5000?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
Re: What former Pros would be Bodybuilding Judges for $5000?
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »

Seriously I don't know why someone doesn't set it up (panties, coward).  Even lesser lights would add much more credibility and enjoyment than the schmoe fest of judges now.  Im sure lots would do it for $5000 and a plane ticket and hotel.  Also a chance to maybe put the IFBB in its place.

What the hell is Franco doing?  Shit Lou will sit around for $20 photos ($5000 is 250 photos).  Robby clearly needs money.  All these guys from the 80s and 90s still out there.  Just make it only former pro show winners and you'd have a bunch.  Christ Shawn Ray is the cheapest SOB on earth, for $5000 he'd do it.

They could pay for the whole thing with a big brunch or after party that many fans would love to go to because there'd be old pros hanging around.

Melvin Anthony
Bob Birdsong
Achim Albrecht

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
Melvin Anthony
Bob Birdsong
Achim Albrecht

Mike Katz
Tony Pearson
Aaron Baker

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »

Arnold.

That would be awesome to have him on the judging panel and it would inject some life into the show

Great idea!

They really should have an official after party. Vegas has enough clubs and honestly I think it would be really fun to have everyone in the same place. I have to say it was a let down because we thought everyone was going to be at xs but that was weird. Some people had tables outside and then nobody exciting was in VIP. We left and caught up with people at another spot

for sure people would pay money to party with those guys and the women too. A lot of the female competitors come out too and they looked great!!  The men for sure would be loving it!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 06:53:36 AM »
I can't understand why no former Mr Olympias or any of the legends are not on the Olympia judging panel. Makes zero sense except if it's all bullshit

Let me tell you on Friday night NOBODY had Phil in first. These people knew way more than I did and they didn't have him in first. Went back to the room to see what people were saying online and all of em said the same things. When the score sheets came out he had a near perfect score.

Well the way it's done at 6/9 judges had him in first. It's ridiculous. Night show fair enough he won.