Author Topic: What is the closest you have ever been in thinking of suicide?  (Read 11717 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Re: what is the closest you have ever been?
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 01:10:45 AM »
Never
Don't do it, good things can suddenly happen just like the bad things happened. Stay strong and have hope my friend

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 01:26:01 AM »
A bodybuilder's way out...  ;D

That would be so damn traumatic and chances are you could still survive. The adrenal response would be so massive I doubt somebody could stave off reaching for food unless they combined it with a shitload of benzodiazepines.

Juat takes a shot of glucagon from paramedics....

Even without eating.

You will sweat like hell before going into coma then it is out of your hands.

Don't ask.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: What is the closest you have ever been in thinking of suicide?
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 02:15:04 AM »
This thread proves I need to get as far away from GetBig as possible
But I won't
a

io856

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
Juat takes a shot of glucagon from paramedics....

Even without eating.

You will sweat like hell before going into coma then it is out of your hands.

Don't ask.
:o

Thought so

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
Pretty close but no cigar.  :D

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 09:01:31 AM »
A quick jab of 300iu insulin away.

i did this, jabbed an entire cartridge of insulin and going to bed in hope that I wouldn't wake up, but I did - in a hospital bed with a torn tricep tendon and dislocated shoulder thanks to the hypoglycaemic seizure I suffered.

that was the last time I ever thought of and acted on suicide, will never entertain the thought again.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »
Been there once as well a few years ago, lots of loved ones passed away in a very short period of time.

One very very dear to me dying in my arms as i tried to resuscitate her.

Lost 4 people in a timeperiod of less than three months and things looked very grim.
That's when my hair and beard turned grey and i became a bitter and grumpy old man.

Did you become racist at that moment or you were always a POS?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »
I was pretty close to suicide when Goodrum and the queen split up

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
before I sputter out
T

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »
Did you become racist at that moment or you were always a POS?

I'm not racist. Racism is a crime, and crime is for black people.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
I'm not racist. Racism is a crime, and crime is for black people.

Should I be glad that your family is dead? I mean, you're the same when it comes to other races, right?

Granted, I don't like you but being happy about your tragedy would only make me a piece of $hit, just like you.

io856

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
i did this, jabbed an entire cartridge of insulin and going to bed in hope that I wouldn't wake up, but I did - in a hospital bed with a torn tricep tendon and dislocated shoulder thanks to the hypoglycaemic seizure I suffered.

that was the last time I ever thought of and acted on suicide, will never entertain the thought again.
How did you end up in hospital?
Who found you?
How long where you left?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »
Who found you?
How long where you left?

x2

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 11:26:21 AM »
Who found you?
How long where you left?

was in 2013, lived with my brother, he heard a lot of noise coming from my room, found me and called the ambulance.
the fit was severe, knocked the dresser over etc. can't remember a thing apart from waking up in an ambulance.
my brother heard me in the early hours of the morning, so had been at least a few hours.
according to the docs, seizure would have lasted for a few hours - the fit getting worse and worse.
even my tongue was screwed up, bitten it during the fit.

the fucking tricep tendon tear is the worst though, had surgery for it in the summer. still can't fully extend it.

io856

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »
was in 2013, lived with my brother, he heard a lot of noise coming from my room, found me and called the ambulance.
the fit was severe, knocked the dresser over etc. can't remember a thing apart from waking up in an ambulance.
my brother heard me in the early hours of the morning, so had been at least a few hours.
according to the docs, seizure would have lasted for a few hours - the fit getting worse and worse.

the fucking tricep tendon tear is the worst though, had surgery for it in the summer. still can't fully extend it.

Wow

That sounds terrible... sure as hell would have been a learning experience for you.
I hope you have been able to come to terms with whatever was distressing you and getting yourself out of depression.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »

Good story. What brought about the desire to off yourself?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2015, 12:10:49 PM »
Don't do it, good things can suddenly happen just like the bad things happened. Stay strong and have hope my friend

I meant never as in would never do it....I love life and living it :)

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
Wow

That sounds terrible... sure as hell would have been a learning experience for you.
I hope you have been able to come to terms with whatever was distressing you and getting yourself out of depression.

after seeing what it did to my mum, there's no chance I'm ever going to give it a single thought again no matter how bad depression gets, not putting her through that again.
that was the worst part by far.

io856

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »
after seeing what it did to my mum, there's no chance I'm ever going to give it a single thought again no matter how bad depression gets, not putting her through that again.
Shit man  :-\ I could only but imagine

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »

That's the problem with suicide. It fucks up the people u leave behind. Then again, maybe they're the reason you're miserable.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »
That's the problem with suicide. It fucks up the people u leave behind. Then again, maybe they're the reason you're miserable.

A good friend of mine committed suicide 4 years ago at 23 years old. His older sister and mother were devastated. I met his sister back in highschool and she was always smiling and had a great sense of humor. After my friend died she looks unhappy as hell, it's like she's upset all the time. I don't know what else is going on in her life but I can't help but thinking the death of her little brother had a tremendous impact in her life.  :(

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »
A schoolmate of mine tried to hang himself in his parents garage many years ago.  His younger sister and mother returned from girl guides and found him dangling in the garage unconscious.    He survived but the failed suicide attempt left him with a severe brain injury which requires others to care for him (feed him, clothe him, bath him etc).   This happened around 1986.   His sister was only 11 at the time this took place, and seeing her older brother hanging in the garage traumatized her for the rest of her life.  She was never the same again.  You could see the pain in her eyes even today, 29 years later.   Suicide leaves a mark on the family that doesn't go away.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »
There were moments that I had dark thoughts, but probably never about a suicide directly, more like very very dark state of mind and soul. Went through some shit at early age, it was bad, but I was strong enough... That was quite long ago. I've not been taking life seriously for a long time now, like - at all, and I have less and less worries or stress as the time goes by, kind of a liberation, because it is just an adventure, and I'm ready for good or bad, as long as I'm here - I'll have to deal with it (or enjoy it), pretty much it, livin' worry free and each day is a good day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2015, 01:05:14 PM »
Tried to off myself once when I was a teenager. Obviously it didn't work out the way I'd planned. Never gave suicide much thought since.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
A schoolmate of mine tried to hang himself in his parents garage many years ago.  His younger sister and mother returned from girl guides and found him dangling in the garage unconscious.    He survived but the failed suicide attempt left him with a severe brain injury which requires others to care for him (feed him, clothe him, bath him etc).   This happened around 1986.   His sister was only 11 at the time this took place, and seeing her older brother hanging in the garage traumatized her for the rest of her life.  She was never the same again.  You could see the pain in her eyes even today, 29 years later.   Suicide leaves a mark on the family that doesn't go away.

that's horrible, one of the few things worse than death.
i feel for his family and for him.