Author Topic: Amazing new preworkout  (Read 7869 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Amazing new preworkout
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »
Drank 1 cup of black coffee on an empty stomach before my workout. Sipped green tea intra workout. Great focus. No jitters or anxiety.

Might try 1 and a half cups next time. ...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Amazing new preworkout
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:48:10 AM »
Drank 1 cup of black coffee on an empty stomach before my workout. Sipped green tea intra workout. Great focus. No jitters or anxiety.

Might try 1 and a half cups next time. ...
PLACEBO... ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
PLACEBO... ;D

Just wait until I reveal a revolutionary protein supplement tomorrow.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 12:47:04 AM »
Some people need expensive pre-workouts to even get the desire to train these days.
Like you (coffee), I make one at work in the machine (its like a Keurig), I then make an espresso shot in that same coffee.
(It's free, so what the heck).

Water or G2 during my workout and I'm fine. A slight boost of energy is fine, getting "AMPED THE FECK UP on APE SHIT" is sort of ghey.. ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:40:51 AM »
Lol. G2.... just add sugar and salt to water in the proportions desired. ....

I do like green tea during evening workouts. I tend to do most of my lifting right after waking up at home. Just water in my stomach. Intensity comes from inside.

plastic

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:14:07 AM »
Strong black coffee with coconut oil. 30 mins approx prior  to wo. Good to go. Cheap alternative on the run is no dose. Not recommending no dose for every wo, however its good for  one rep max days. Drink water during wo when you do this.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 05:35:15 AM »
WOOO

Get your point, but to play devil's advocate, do you think that black coffee is as effective as a mixture of a few ingredients (say beta alanine, citrulline malate, leucine)?

The main compound in coffee is caffeine, a methylxathine. What effects does it have?

It antagonizes adenosine (adenosine makes you sleepy), blocks phosphodiesterase (good for boners). It improves dopaminergic tone (why it protects against parkisons) and increases glucose uptake (insulin sensitivity).

Think you could do better?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 12:56:56 AM »
Better how? Could it have more side effects sure. Better?

I train as a distance runner now. You learn VERY early that intensity is all in the mind.

I do not need some powdered trash for an adrenaline release when I lift (compound and heavy). I just visualize getting angry.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 03:39:08 AM »
Better how? Could it have more side effects sure. Better?

I train as a distance runner now. You learn VERY early that intensity is all in the mind.

I do not need some powdered trash for an adrenaline release when I lift (compound and heavy). I just visualize getting angry.

You would benefit from a few things. Beta-alanine helps tangible, particularly for endurance. The mechanism makes sense, it increase muscle carnosine stores (more so then carnosine) on a magnitude of 80% roughly.

I agree it's in the mind, but as you know the mind is just the brain. The brain works via chemicals, you can enhance your "will", snort cocaine for example, but on a lesser scale you can receive some benefit.

There is also something called the entourage effect, basically synergism, some compounds do create emergent benefits.

A little bit of sugar to sip on would help also, the glucose cause insulin release which antagonizes cortisol which is particularly problematic in endurance.

You might even do better with a mild sedative rather then a stim for a run to be honest. Some cannabinoids ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 03:53:56 AM »
You would benefit from a few things. Beta-alanine helps tangible, particularly for endurance. The mechanism makes sense, it increase muscle carnosine stores (more so then carnosine) on a magnitude of 80% roughly.

I agree it's in the mind, but as you know the mind is just the brain. The brain works via chemicals, you can enhance your "will", snort cocaine for example, but on a lesser scale you can receive some benefit.

There is also something called the entourage effect, basically synergism, some compounds do create emergent benefits.

A little bit of sugar to sip on would help also, the glucose cause insulin release which antagonizes cortisol which is particularly problematic in endurance.

You might even do better with a mild sedative rather then a stim for a run to be honest. Some cannabinoids ;D

I like water only on runs under 10k but for 5k or less i carry nothing (speed work). Over 10 or if it's fucking hot I'll eat a bit (food. Not bullshit gels). Beta alanine made me want to shit similar to bicarb.

I do not use any inflammation reducing agents during runs although I definitly do afterwards if needed. To control inflammation while running I visualize calm. I become peace. I feel no pain. This helps avoid an endorphin rush (2nd wind) which while metaphorically interesting is completely counter productive.

The only food ive noted as valuable is raw beet juice the morning of the race allowing 2 hours before race time  (beet poop).

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 07:10:38 AM »

I like water only on runs under 10k but for 5k or less i carry nothing (speed work). Over 10 or if it's fucking hot I'll eat a bit (food. Not bullshit gels). Beta alanine made me want to shit similar to bicarb.

I do not use any inflammation reducing agents during runs although I definitly do afterwards if needed. To control inflammation while running I visualize calm. I become peace. I feel no pain. This helps avoid an endorphin rush (2nd wind) which while metaphorically interesting is completely counter productive.

The only food ive noted as valuable is raw beet juice the morning of the race allowing 2 hours before race time  (beet poop).

you ever try running on MJ? the meditative state is what I was getting at with sedative. Just curious.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 08:26:58 AM »
you ever try running on MJ? the meditative state is what I was getting at with sedative. Just curious.

Not competitively. Been buzzed on some weekend runs. Not great for balance.

I don't vape or drink alcohol in the 10 days leading up to any race anyway.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »
Not competitively. Been buzzed on some weekend runs. Not great for balance.

I don't vape or drink alcohol in the 10 days leading up to any race anyway.

I find the opposite, my neurochemistry is abnormal though lol.

I am not really a runner though, more so for pleasure/stress relief so I don't go ham.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
I find the opposite, my neurochemistry is abnormal though lol.

I am not really a runner though, more so for pleasure/stress relief so I don't go ham.

Nothing wrong with a weed buzz... Good for the soul.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 03:26:50 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 04:27:46 AM »
I can't stand that dork

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 04:34:52 AM »
I can't stand that dork

Gotta love those cauliflower ears and that bad ass shirt tho

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 07:12:57 AM »
Gotta love those cauliflower ears and that bad ass shirt tho

Rob Halford look-a-like of peace...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

He has a loose understanding of what he is talking about.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »
you guys think Will Brink may be related to Judast Priest?
?