Author Topic: Hogan's WCW contract from 1998  (Read 2142 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Hogan's WCW contract from 1998
« on: October 27, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
Sorry you have to click the link...

He was getting paid. I wonder how WCW was ever able to make any money; besides his salary (three payments of $1.35 million a year) and ppv bonuses (he was paid $675k each show for 6 shows or 15% of ppv sales whatever was greater, after 6 all other ppv's were a percentage of buy rates) and after his mandatory appearances (I think he did 16 TV shows a year) he'd get 25% (or $25k whichever was greater) of the gate for any other show he did.  

When you factor in Hall and Nash having favored nations clauses so they automatically got a payment pump to what ever anyone else was making, it's baffling how they made money*.

*According to Bischoff he got the company to an even balance.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/635297-photos-hulk-hogans-1998-wcw-contract-leaked-online

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Hogan's WCW contract from 1998
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
What is sad..
His ex wife owns all that money now..
Hogan was stupid given his ex wife  75% of all the money they had if he could keep his Intellectual properties.. after the racist comments he lost almost all his endorsements...

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
What is sad..
His wife owns all that money now..
Hogan was stupid given his ex wife  75% of all the money they had if he could keep his Intellectual properties.. after the racist comments he lost almost all his endorsements...

Wow.... you'd think these guys would get better divorce lawyers and financial advisors. With the amount of people and connections he's had there's really no excuse for him to get hosed like that. He could have asked Vince to get the corporate lawyers to advise him.

I'm surprised no one would have convinced him that he had made the majority of the money he was going to get with the Hulk Hogan name.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
Wow.... you'd think these guys would get better divorce lawyers and financial advisors. With the amount of people and connections he's had there's really no excuse for him to get hosed like that. He could have asked Vince to get the corporate lawyers to advise him.

Absolutely. The old man lent Flair I forget how much money to get through his last divorce - it was supposedly in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Flair said he essentially paid Vince back with the paycheck from his Wrestlemania match with Shawn Michaels.

I'm surprised no one would have convinced him that he had made the majority of the money he was going to get with the Hulk Hogan name.

I suspect that at least some of that is a result of ego.
Years ago, there were actually some guys who wanted a title even if it meant taking a paycut. That's the type of mentality that can result from this screwed up business.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 11:06:45 AM »
The biggest misconception out there is that WCW never made money. They paid their roster huge money namely the big stars but they also could afford to. Their buy rates were huge and their southern American audience preferred to watch WCW over WWE. They made a killing in revenue from the ratings. Hogan was making 5 mil per year plus 150,000 bonus for every Nitro and Thunder he appeared on. It was in late 1999 - 2001 that WCW was in the hole and only because they were losing the ratings bigtime plus a lot of stars were leaving taking a contract payout.

Hogan may have lost 70% of his assets at the time of his divorce but he recovered a shit load of money too. He still owned businesses, did time in TNA for big cash, Legends contract with WWE plus appearances. hes worth close to 10 mil now as opposed to 28 mil prior while his ex wife pissed away a lot of that money she got with her 40K per month spending habit. Supposedly now he signed some new endorsement deal. The guy just needs to stop getting bad publicity. I fault the media too. He was going through a very rough time in his life with his divorce, his assets, his son's car accident bullshit, etc. Even African American guys who new Hogan said he was not racist and they really didn't care for his comments at the time because "they new he was not like that.

The world will critisize Hogan for "racist remarks" but no one says anything about Jimmy Snuka who murdered his girlfriend in 1983. I'm not a fan of Hogan but that is a joke when you think about it.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »

The world will critisize Hogan for "racist remarks" but no one says anything about Jimmy Snuka who murdered his girlfriend in 1983. I'm not a fan of Hogan but that is a joke when you think about it.

Exactly.  Media cant wait to create headlines.He said worse stuff on the jailhouse phone calls with  Nick. He will come out of this just like Dog the bounty hunter.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
I suspect that at least some of that is a result of ego.
Years ago, there were actually some guys who wanted a title even if it meant taking a paycut. That's the type of mentality that can result from this screwed up business.

I'm sure you're right that it's ego. The business makes these guys bitter and they think everyone is trying to work you (and they may very well be).  That said as independent contractors I can see why you would protect your intellectual property.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 04:13:05 AM »
IMO the two smartest guys were the Rock and Austin. They both had stellar wrestling careers but they were both smart enough to get out while they still had their health, made a hit load of cash and they got reconized in Hollywood, made a shit load of more cash and now if Vince wants to meet either one of them, Vince has to call and make an appointment.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 09:03:12 AM »
IMO the two smartest guys were the Rock and Austin. They both had stellar wrestling careers but they were both smart enough to get out while they still had their health, made a hit load of cash and they got reconized in Hollywood, made a shit load of more cash and now if Vince wants to meet either one of them, Vince has to call and make an appointment.
8)..GOOD FOR THEM..

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 10:48:03 AM »

8)