Author Topic: DLB and Rob Bailey Purchased World Gym - Will be turned in Warhouse Gym  (Read 29031 times)

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: DLB and Rob Bailey Purchased World Gym - Will be turned in Warhouse Gym
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »

im being serious here in my area gyms like that dont even stay in business, in fact there are none like that anymore

lifetime fitness and planet fitness have taken over . the market

So true: when I have to travel for work it is so hard to find a gym some places. Especially in the Midwest and the south but other places too. I prefer to train at Golds or world gym type places  but those are going out of business

I will take an LA fitness over planet fitness and lifetime fitness. That's why I'm glad to see them and ct fletcher opening these places

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »
hey azur my life time is actually very well equipped and super clean

when i started training in the90's there were alot of small gyms in my area, powerhouse, golds,  worlds,  and some small ones

they are all gone now, planet and lifetime have taken over,   

a shit hole like that , that dana bought would go under here, the people in my area would not train there, i am being serious to .

lifetime appeals to a very bigger range of people, a shit hole like that has a small audience.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
hey azur my life time is actually very well equipped and super clean

when i started training in the90's there were alot of small gyms in my area, powerhouse, golds,  worlds,  and some small ones

they are all gone now, planet and lifetime have taken over,   

a shit hole like that , that dana bought would go under here, the people in my area would not train there, i am being serious to .

lifetime appeals to a very bigger range of people, a shit hole like that has a small audience.

Is your lifetime a newer facility? I have a membership to the LA Fitness type health chains just because if I travel there are more options. With those types of places it seems like a gamble. Some places are nice and then some are crap. I only do planet fitness if I have to.  At least they are clean.

Back in the 90's I knew people who would road trip to the gym! It was that serious for them!!

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »
the one i go to is 10 years old but   they always put new equipment in the place is enormous

two floors  3 pools etc

there training equipment is top notch as well  membership isnt cheap 75  amonth but they are open 24 hrs  and i can attest they keep the place really

clean they have a 24 hr cleaning crew.   

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
the one i go to is 10 years old but   they always put new equipment in the place is enormous

two floors  3 pools etc

there training equipment is top notch as well  membership isnt cheap 75  amonth but they are open 24 hrs  and i can attest they keep the place really

So you like that place and call yourself 'oldschoolfan'? Interesting

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »
ha yeah i do dropping , those old gyms none are around here in mi anymore they all went under.

no choice really  my first gym was a power house gym  .    there arent many around any more here.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:11 PM »

two floors  3 pools etc

That's awesome! I may have to check them out next time I Travel. I think $75 is fair especially if it's very clean.  I hadn't seen too much of lifetime fitness around before and I know it can depend on location so this is all good to know!

I have never been to Metroflex gym even though I've been curious about it.  When we were in Vegas we heard a lot of the Gold's closed down.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
ha yeah i do dropping , those old gyms none are around here in mi anymore they all went under.

no choice really  my first gym was a power house gym  .    there arent many around any more here.

Sad to hear.. you should send a letter to your congressman, not that the situation is much better here in Europe. My gym is the only ol' school type in my town..

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »

two floors  3 pools etc

Would gladly pay 75 to get out of the hole in the wall gym I train at.
T

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »

All of them are going to be terminated as it will no longer be a World Gym.  However, they are going to renovate the whole building and add more space which will take a few months

If anyone lives near by they could likely get a great deal on some of the equipment. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »
If anyone lives near by they could likely get a great deal on some of the equipment. 

I believe they are going to keep all the equipment.  Its going to have the Warhouse Gym name but its not going to be a membership based gym.  The expansion will be to add equipment similar to the one in their current gym but other than some updated paint and carpeting, it will look pretty much the same.

Basically, they'll have all the current members but even more money because they won't be forking over monthly franchise fees to World Gym including the 50k fee for establishing it. 
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
F

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2015, 07:41:28 AM »
Someone dropped 100 anavar tabs next to DLB, those tabs disappeared almost as fast as a bowl of percocet at Groinks house :-\

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
I believe they are going to keep all the equipment.  Its going to have the Warhouse Gym name but its not going to be a membership based gym.  The expansion will be to add equipment similar to the one in their current gym but other than some updated paint and carpeting, it will look pretty much the same.

Basically, they'll have all the current members but even more money because they won't be forking over monthly franchise fees to World Gym including the 50k fee for establishing it. 

Will it just be a gym for trainers? What do you mean by not a membership based gym

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
Will it just be a gym for trainers? What do you mean by not a membership based gym

I meant to say that it is going to be a membership based gym and not the same as the current Warhouse Gym which is trainer based
A

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
I still don't get this. Why do people flock to watch her pump meaningless reps like she is a zoo animal? What is the appeal? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2015, 08:07:42 AM »
I still don't get this. Why do people flock to watch her pump meaningless reps like she is a zoo animal? What is the appeal?
Maybe that's what they think about her? That it's all a show.

Or as the Great Homer would have put it:
I love the new
Show people that don't know your writing act
All
Stupid lol I will not like only 10 episodes a season at least
22 then we are really attached :)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
I still don't get this. Why do people flock to watch her pump meaningless reps like she is a zoo animal? What is the appeal? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

You have to meet them to understand.  Dana and Rob eats, breathes, and thinks fitness 24/7 and they are very passionate about the sport and so energetic.  People love their positive, never say die attitude and that's why they have a ton of followers.  Their employees facilitate their same attitude.  Basically its a cult following...a huge one almost to the point of pure insanity.

If Dana Linn Bailey invited everyone to train with her at 2am in the morning, there would be over 1000 people outside their facility at 130am waiting to get in.
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »

His vid made it sound like he was getting new equipment but you could be right. Should be a good gym.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »

She has disciples. Her line was the longest at the Olympia expo.
Someone told us she waited 4 hours to see her! Her fans are cult like about her too. I like her myself but I wouldn't wait in line.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2015, 11:24:12 AM »
AZURE, OLD SCHOOL, etc.,

There are no more Gold's Gyms in Las Vegas. The locations which have not closed down completely are now called "EOS" and the monthly membership fee as far as I know is $10.00 a month for one location and $20 a month for any location.

The above fees could have been changed a bit since I last inquired though.

The LIFETIME club here in Las Vegas charges $120 a month ....  or so I have been told. I was given a tour through the facility when it first opened and can honestly say that it is one of the finest looking gym facilities I have everr seen ... and I have seen a lot of private and public gym facilities throughout the years ,,, but never on the East Coast nor in the orient since a long time ago.

There are a large number of small gym facilities throughout the Las Vegas basin ... most of which I bet you've never heard of.

How about "YAK's" for a starter?

I can recall the days when the major cities throughout the US had a maximum of one "gym" plus various Y'MCAs but those days have been long gone since President Kennedy told everyone to get off their asses and lose some fat.

And after four friends purchased one Gold's location in Santa Monica for the price of a handful of cashews, they worked it into a world wide 'frenzy'.

And the rest is history.

I wish them both much success in their new business.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2015, 11:31:38 AM »
LIFETIME LV Bath area

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »
She has disciples. Her line was the longest at the Olympia expo.
Someone told us she waited 4 hours to see her! Her fans are cult like about her too. I like her myself but I wouldn't wait in line.

I still don't get it, but fair enough. I concede defeat to generation nothingness.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »

You have to meet them to understand.  Dana and Rob eats, breathes, and thinks fitness 24/7 and they are very passionate about the sport and so energetic.  People love their positive, never say die attitude and that's why they have a ton of followers.  Their employees facilitate their same attitude.  Basically its a cult following...a huge one almost to the point of pure insanity.

If Dana Linn Bailey invited everyone to train with her at 2am in the morning, there would be over 1000 people outside their facility at 130am waiting to get in.

I agree! I love their energy and passion for training. I think what they do for bodybuilding and training is fantastic. They make it fun, they live the lifestyle, and They are great with fans both online and in person. She also doesn't take herself seriously and seems secure with herself which is nice to see and I think that's why she can laugh at herself and be silly

They really do love training and it shows. I love people like that! Reminds me of the good old days!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »
AZURE, OLD SCHOOL, etc.,

There are no more Gold's Gyms in Las Vegas. The locations which have not closed down completely are now called "EOS" and the monthly membership fee as far as I know is $10.00 a month for one location and $20 a month for any location.

The above fees could have been changed a bit since I last inquired though.

The LIFETIME club here in Las Vegas charges $120 a month ....  or so I have been told. I was given a tour through the facility when it first opened and can honestly say that it is one of the finest looking gym facilities I have everr seen ... and I have seen a lot of private and public gym facilities throughout the years ,,, but never on the East Coast nor in the orient since a long time ago.

There are a large number of small gym facilities throughout the Las Vegas basin ... most of which I bet you've never heard of.

How about "YAK's" for a starter?

I can recall the days when the major cities throughout the US had a maximum of one "gym" plus various Y'MCAs but those days have been long gone since President Kennedy told everyone to get off their asses and lose some fat.

And after four friends purchased one Gold's location in Santa Monica for the price of a handful of cashews, they worked it into a world wide 'frenzy'.

And the rest is history.

I wish them both much success in their new business.

kennedy the first president of the usa to appear on a muscle magazine cover...
F