Author Topic: The Mike Tyson who fought Spinks  (Read 4865 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
The Mike Tyson who fought Spinks
« on: November 03, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
That night Mike Tyson knew that his whole life had built to that moment.
He had been groomed like a gladiator.He was so tuned to that fight. Because he felt that unless he performed in that ring. That no one would except him outside of that ring. That Tyson that Spinks met that night no other boxer professionally or as an amateur had seen that Mike Tyson. Other than Mike himself. Mike Tyson was at the best he could be that night.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Mike Tyson who fought Spinks
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »
Spinks was a great fighter but he was a blown up light heavy weight fighter. He fought Tyson at his savage best.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »
I just watched the interview where Mike said that, in prison, he was called a "tree jumper". A tree jumper is a rapist. They hide in a tree and jump on their victim.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:08:41 PM »
Tyson that night was a beast no doubt..... That being said, he was never the best heavyweight of all time though, in the 70's he would have lost a few fights- Ali, Foreman, Holmes, and  Frazier gives him serious trouble, Liston puts him down too. Go back farther and Louis gets him, prime Walcott too, Marciano puts him away too because of his unmatched heart and conditioning and "Susie Q" eventually finds Mike's chin. The great Cuban fighter Teofilio Stevenson would give Tyson trouble too.

Tyson was a BEAST , no doubt.... but he was not the best ever, not even close .

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
Tyson that night was a beast no doubt..... That being said, he was never the best heavyweight of all time though, in the 70's he would have lost a few fights- Ali, Foreman, Holmes, and  Frazier gives him serious trouble, Liston puts him down too. Go back farther and Louis gets him, prime Walcott too, Marciano puts him away too because of his unmatched heart and conditioning and "Susie Q" eventually finds Mike's chin. The great Cuban fighter Teofilio Stevenson would give Tyson trouble too.

I agree he fought cans his whole career. I always wanted to see Foreman knock his head off his shoulders. Holyfield showed the blue print to handle a bully like Tyson can't show fear tie him up hit him with uppercuts. He puncked him twice Foreman would of buried him.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
After that body shot at 0:53, Spinks was done.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:25 PM »

I think that the left upper cut that landed before the shot to the body may have been more damaging.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
i  have been watching boxing many years.

i really feel tyson squandered a great talent. instead of improving he   went backwards.

to much to fast he didnt have to struggle to get to the top.  holyfield had been in some awesome wars even before he had become hw champ.

at cruiser weight holyfield was an animal

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 05:12:29 PM »
i  have been watching boxing many years.

i really feel tyson squandered a great talent. instead of improving he   went backwards.

to much to fast he didnt have to struggle to get to the top.  holyfield had been in some awesome wars even before he had become hw champ.

at cruiser weight holyfield was an animal

He didn't really squander too much... He was World HW Champion

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »
Why do people constantly refer to Spinks as "blown up Heavy" when guys later like Holyfield showed how you move up and take over. Spinks height, reach and weight were all greater than Tyson so if he's a "blow up" heavyweight what is Tyson a blown up lightweight?!?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
he didnt build upon what he started went downhill.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Tyson that fought Spinks may be best heavy weight boxer ever...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »
Spinks with knee wraps lol

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 06:17:30 PM »
I trained in Larry Holmes gym for a decade including his "losses" to Spinks and Tyson and Larry always said Tyson was a much better boxer and fighter. He privately used to admit how good (fast, brutal, strong) Tyson was even though in interviews he'd complain about age, time to train, even hit with elbows--clearly un true...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
He had been groomed like a gladiator.He was so tuned to that fight. Because he felt that unless he performed in that ring. That no one would except him outside of that ring. That Tyson that Spinks met that night no other boxer professionally or as an amateur had seen that Mike Tyson. Other than Mike himself. Mike Tyson was at the best he could be that night.

While I pretty much agree, I'm confused by the timing of this post.  1988 was almost 30 years ago.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »

Darren, you were a lot more fun when we thought you were a midget in a pink shirt. Now that we know you're a smelly Paki midget all of the fun is gone.

Shitbag.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 11:30:08 PM »

Yeh a 14st rocky would give him problems ::)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:11 AM »
Darren, you were a lot more fun when we thought you were a midget in a pink shirt. Now that we know you're a smelly Paki midget all of the fun is gone.

Shitbag.
Im white,English and 5 foot.5 Foot is not considered midget.

2scared2post

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
Im white,English and 5 foot.5 Foot is not considered midget.

Haha at least check "your" Facebook account to get the details right.

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 12:47:24 AM »
fuck off gimmick.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 02:09:32 AM »
Haha at least check "your" Facebook account to get the details right.

What's his Facebook? I've got to see this! Bet he's posing with guns and shit.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:23 AM »
Mike Tyson also said he sustained himself from ejacultion for 5 years before that fight. It obviously helps focus  8)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 02:14:05 AM »
I agree he fought cans his whole career. I always wanted to see Foreman knock his head off his shoulders. Holyfield showed the blue print to handle a bully like Tyson can't show fear tie him up hit him with uppercuts. He puncked him twice Foreman would of buried him.

An old Foreman would have got battered by Tyson. Even a young Foreman was not the quickest, the old version would have been made to look like a heavy bag by Tyson.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 02:37:23 AM »

after the douglas fight don king need an opponent with a name who was out of his prime and he recommended foreman

tyson wanted no part of it. he has watched frazier vs foreman many times with cus and even he knows you never walk forward to foreman u

must box like everyone else did including holyfield who felt one jab and ran tyson cant fight backwards to save his life. he never mastered the

peek a boo style like floyd patterson

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 04:50:07 AM »

Spinks was done before the bell rang.