Author Topic: Cartel Land  (Read 6192 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Cartel Land
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »
No, Cartel Land is based in Mexico.
Narcos, is about Pablo but it's not all fictional.

Eggactly!  In fact, there is a miniseries on Netflix called "ESCOBAR EL PATRON DEL MAL", which is almost just like Narcos, but told from the Colombians' point of view.  Narcos is told from the Americans' point of view.  It's interesting watching them both, because the audience gets to decide who to believe is telling the truth, the Colombians or the Americans, about differences of some details in the same story.  It's kind of like watching "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Flags of Our Fathers."

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 09:57:03 AM »
Eggactly!  In fact, there is a miniseries on Netflix called "ESCOBAR EL PATRON DEL MAL", which is almost just like Narcos, but told from the Colombians' point of view.  Narcos is told from the Americans' point of view.  It's interesting watching them both, because the audience gets to decide who to believe is telling the truth, the Colombians or the Americans, about differences of some details in the same story.  It's kind of like watching "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "Flags of Our Fathers."

There's probably a little of truth in both and a lot of fiction to make the series interesting.

Here is my favorite photo of him.  While being on the FBI most wanted list his son really wanted to see the whitehouse so Escobar with balls of steel took him.  Father of the year right there.  Gotta respect him for that.

makes you wonder how much the American Gov really thought he was that bad or not.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
There's probably a little of truth in both and a lot of fiction to make the series interesting.

Not only that, but I'm sure the American version may have some declassified info. the Colombians didn't know, and also some fiction to cover up DEA screw ups.  Likewise, the Colombian version may have stuff the Americans didn't know or care about, and also some fiction to cover up the Colombian government's, police, and military corruption and screw ups.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »
I guess I'm old. I don't get hyped from any tv serie anymore.

I tried to watch limitless but I have already skipped 3 episodes, same with gotham.

They all follow the same idea of good vs evil, schemes, loyalty, betrayal, love, hate, sorrow, joy... then they end. Seriously, boring. But the wheel keeps spinning and spinning.

I thought Limitless was going to be good after watching the pilot. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen. They took a great idea and turned it into total shit...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 11:47:19 PM »
I thought Limitless was going to be good after watching the pilot. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen. They took a great idea and turned it into total shit...

it got okay in the second half of the first season.   i'd actually watch another season, but it's cancelled :(

Narcos season 2 comes out next week

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 12:29:12 AM »
Here is my favorite photo of him.  While being on the FBI most wanted list his son really wanted to see the White House so Escobar with balls of steel took him.  Father of the year right there.  Gotta respect him for that.

I think you are wrong and Pablo wasn't wanted at this time.This picture was taken in 1981 and Pablo was coming to the states where he was investing in real estates down in Florida.He was elected in the Congress of Colombia in 1982 and after Galan "forced" him to resign he got the attention from the authorities.Until then he was a "reputable" businessman in the people's eye, although many people in Colombia knew exactly what he was doing.