Author Topic: Cruz Vs Rubio Showdown  (Read 416 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cruz Vs Rubio Showdown
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:15:56 AM »
Sounds right.  Trump has always been a joke, and Carson is only trying to sell books.   Rubio or Cruz would do fine jobs as President.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/05/the_brewing_ted_cruz_vs_marco_rubio_showdown_why_conservatives_are_girding_for_this_two_man_race/

A consensus has emerged on the right in recent weeks that Sen. Marco Rubio and Sen. Ted Cruz are now the candidates to beat in the Republican primary. (Trigger warning: two links in that last sentence take you to columns by Jonah Goldberg and Kevin D. Williamson. Proceed at your own peril.) To which I say, sure, why not. This Republican primary engenders the same feeling as an ugly, low-scoring baseball game heading into the 25th inning. Sooner or later, somebody has to win.

Cruz and Rubio have a long way to go before their national poll numbers approach those of the current front-runners, Donald Trump and Ben Carson. But they are trending upward nationally, especially after both turned in decent performances at the last debate. Rubio’s defenestration of Jeb! Bush’s tired talking point about missed Senate votes seemed to reduce his onetime mentor to a quivering heap of Jell-O. Bush still hasn’t recovered. Meanwhile, Cruz’s attack on the CNBC moderators for what he perceived as terrible debate questions earned him cheers across the right wing. Give the senator from Texas credit. He knows how to tickle the Republican base’s G-spot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cruz Vs Rubio Showdown
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Rubio or Cruz would do fine jobs as President.

you are just in love with Rubio.  He doesn't stand for ANYTHING except capitulation to the RINO cause.  He's mccain all over again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

just because he doesn't stand for anything, doesnt' mean he wouldn't do a fine job as president.

reagan did some serious liberal shit, but I still see him as a good president.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:41:15 AM »
lol.  Troll spin at its worst. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
lol.  Troll spin at its worst. 

Jeb is a whiny wimp.  He would be a good president.  Most of the people in the GOP race would be solid presidents.

Trump?  Too emotional.  Carson? Lies, zealot, not really based in reality.

The rest of them, I think they'd be fine.  Some are misguided on some issues, but they'd do the job fine.

LOL @ idiots that think a person cannot be competent if they don't agree with them on issues.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »
Jeb is a whiny wimp.  He would be a good president.  Most of the people in the GOP race would be solid presidents.

Trump?  Too emotional.  Carson? Lies, zealot, not really based in reality.

The rest of them, I think they'd be fine.  Some are misguided on some issues, but they'd do the job fine.

LOL @ idiots that think a person cannot be competent if they don't agree with them on issues.

You should never, ever call anyone an idiot.  I mean never. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:23:24 AM »
They need to show up for work first:

Rubio, 99 votes missed;
Lindsey Graham, 79;
Ted Cruz, 70;
Rand Paul, 14;
Bernie Sanders, 10;