Author Topic: Rollins Gives Up Title  (Read 6151 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Rollins Gives Up Title
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 04:33:24 AM »
Fell out about half way through the show, but, I should have known HHH would use this situation as an opportunity to put himself over.

He just can't help himself. It has to be about him.

What's the point of even having this tournament if it still comes down to him and Steph picking their guy.

This authority angle just needs to go away. It's not as though it's been a success. Quite the contrary. As we all know, ratings are in the toilet.

Speaking of "What's the Point?" Why exactly did Paige get pinned leading up to a title shot?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 06:06:43 AM »
the last segment had some good lead up to taker and kane  by wyatt,but the finish   ::)  oh boy they really cleaned house  :-\,barely hitting the wyatts and they could barely sell the over the top rope falls ,and that was there revenge on him a two man choke slam oh boy look out he's crippled.lame..the other too long and winded was those 3 dopes 'new day'why they get a long intro is beyond me...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 09:48:41 AM »
Fell out about half way through the show, but, I should have known HHH would use this situation as an opportunity to put himself over.

He just can't help himself. It has to be about him.

What's the point of even having this tournament if it still comes down to him and Steph picking their guy.

This authority angle just needs to go away. It's not as though it's been a success. Quite the contrary. As we all know, ratings are in the toilet.

Speaking of "What's the Point?" Why exactly did Paige get pinned leading up to a title shot?
Very good point here Lizzy. Makes no sense for Paige to loose as it discredits her bigtime leading up to the big title match and devalues her as a worth contender.

What blows my mind is that HHH and Stephanie, on top of getting their very large yearly salaries, they also collect bonus, gate pays and have an added "talant salary" because they are on screen characters. Then they wonder why the talent pool like C.M. Punk back in the day get pissed and frusterated. They are taking the talants money which they really do not need at all.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
Very good point here Lizzy. Makes no sense for Paige to loose as it discredits her bigtime leading up to the big title match and devalues her as a worth contender.

What blows my mind is that HHH and Stephanie, on top of getting their very large yearly salaries, they also collect bonus, gate pays and have an added "talant salary" because they are on screen characters. Then they wonder why the talent pool like C.M. Punk back in the day get pissed and frusterated. They are taking the talants money which they really do not need at all.

Looking at the full results, it seems like a deliberate effort was made to piss off the English, and Irish, fans, there.

Paige got beat by a Jobber, Sheamus got beat. Barrett got slapped, and Neville got pinned by a midcarder.

This has HHH's hands all over it. Vince prefers to send the fans home happy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »
Looking at the full results, it seems like a deliberate effort was made to piss off the English, and Irish, fans, there.

Paige got beat by a Jobber, Sheamus got beat. Barrett got slapped, and Neville got pinned by a midcarder.

This has HHH's hands all over it. Vince prefers to send the fans home happy.
Not necessarily. Remember, Vince and Steph may run the day to day operations, but Vince has the final say on everything.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »
Not necessarily. Remember, Vince and Steph may run the day to day operations, but Vince has the final say on everything.

True, but he is 70. You have to think he's slowing down a bit.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 04:06:11 AM »
True, but he is 70. You have to think he's slowing down a bit.
And that is not a good sign. He needs to resign and let others with large experience take over and if there are none, then he needs to hire and fire asap.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2015, 05:20:30 AM »
is the son done in the buissness ?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2015, 05:41:31 AM »
is the son done in the buissness ?

I actually met Shane, a few times. He used to take private BJJ lessons where I used to train.

This is not to say I know him well, but he seemed like a nice, easy going guy. I know don't if that type of personality is best for running a pro wrestling company.

My guess is that he got tired of being under the old man's thumb and wanted to do his own thing. Can't say I blame him.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2015, 05:48:16 AM »
I actually met Shane, a few times. He used to take private BJJ lessons where I used to train.

This is not to say I know him well, but he seemed like a nice, easy going guy. I know don't if that type of personality is best for running a pro wrestling company.

My guess is that he got tired of being under the old man's thumb and wanted to do his own thing. Can't say I blame him.
he loved that shane'o mac persona for a while...kinda like a pretrump and his kids on apprentice...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »

I'd always gotten the impression that the old man coddled and favored Steph. There's been stories about her ideas clashing strongly with Shane's & Heyman's, and it sounds like Vince often took her side.

I think Shane got a bit tired of that, and maybe saw the writing on the wall when Triple H married into the family. That may have seemed like a losing battle on his end.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »

I'd always gotten the impression that the old man coddled and favored Steph. There's been stories about her ideas clashing strongly with Shane's & Heyman's, and it sounds like Vince often took her side.

I think Shane got a bit tired of that, and maybe saw the writing on the wall when Triple H married into the family. That may have seemed like a losing battle on his end.
i think if shane would have stayed with the company , he would be crippled by now...took some crazy bumps trying to justify his existence to the old man...
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
i think if shane would have stayed with the company , he would be crippled by now...took some crazy bumps trying to justify his existence to the old man...

My buddies and I always thought that the reason he did it was so that one day, when he "owned" the company and asked guys to step up to the plate, he could point to those bumps that he took and say, "Hey, look – I did it! Now, quit complaining!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 04:37:56 AM »

My buddies and I always thought that the reason he did it was so that one day, when he "owned" the company and asked guys to step up to the plate, he could point to those bumps that he took and say, "Hey, look – I did it! Now, quit complaining!"
I will never forget when he wrestled Kurt Angle and Angle bellie to bellied him through a pint of glass...and it took 3 attemps for the glass to break. 2 of those times Shane hit the glass full force and landed on his head. Props to Shane.
I agree with Monte in that Shane saw the writing on the wall and got out while he could.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2015, 06:11:54 AM »
Wouldn't mind seeing Del Rio or Owens take the belt.

Don't know how bad Ziggler kicked VKM's cat but he isn't budging from his glorified jobber spot it seems.   Roman will most likely take the belt.

Ever notice that when Roman wrestles, it is hit, kick, kick, hit, hit, hit, kick, hit, hit,.... sort of like Sting without make up?

Smart move would be to put Goldberg on payroll and keep him off for eight months until he has sauced himself back up to WCW condition and then let him tear through the ranks.   Of course, "smart" isn't something you associate with WWE writers.  And VKM pussy ass grudges have to come before "what's best for the business".

random thoughts here....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
I don't need to see another 50 year old, like Goldberg

They need a Daniel Bryan type who's still a serviceable performer. I'd just bring up the NXT guys: Balor, Samoa Joe, and James Storm. Maybe one catches fire.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
I don't need to see another 50 year old, like Goldberg

They need a Daniel Bryan type who's still a serviceable performer. I'd just bring up the NXT guys: Balor, Samoa Joe, and James Storm. Maybe one catches fire.

Storm isn't catching fire ever. Samoa Joe isn't what Vince is looking for.

Balor definitely might, but really, the size they typically want isn't there. You know how Vince loves his big guys.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »
Storm isn't catching fire ever. Samoa Joe isn't what Vince is looking for.

Balor definitely might, but really, the size they typically want isn't there. You know how Vince loves his big guys.
Problem with Daniel Bryan is he is damaged goods now with that bad neck.