Author Topic: STUMPED  (Read 460 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
STUMPED
« on: November 05, 2015, 06:50:18 PM »
Another "Training wheels" president?   He's never heard of the wet foot/dry foot policy?  They teach that shit in middle school social studies.  it's one of the biggest parts of the immigration issue.   How in the WORLD can he claim to be prepared to deal with Cuba, if he's never ever heard of this situation?   Most importantly, what other simple national policy issues has he NEVER EVEN HEARD OF?

Sorry folks, this might be his biggest flub-up yet.  NOBODY here will defend this.

In the Herald interview, Carson appeared stumped by questions about the so-called wet-foot, dry-foot policy, which allows Cubans who reach U.S. soil to remain here, and about the Cuban Adjustment Act, which allows Cubans who arrive in the U.S. to apply for legal residency after 366 days.

He was candid about not being up to speed.

"You're going to have to explain to me exactly what you mean by that," Carson said, asked about wet-foot, dry-foot. "I have to admit that I don't know a great deal about that, and I don't really like to comment until I've had a chance to study the issue from both sides."

On the Cuban Adjustment Act, he gave a similar response: "Again, I've not been briefed fully on what that is."

When a reporter explained the outlines of the policy, Carson said, "It sounds perfectly reasonable."

The reporter then informed him of abuses to the policy by Cubans who obtain residency and claim federal government benefits only to make frequent trips back to the island. The abuses have been documented extensively by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

"I think the way to fix that is not so much to abolish the act, but dealing with the specific area where the abuse is," Carson said, noting that Medicare and Medicaid fraud is "huge -- half a trillion dollars."

"We definitely need to focus on that," he said.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2015/11/cuba-policy-questions-stump-ben-carson-ahead-of-miami-book-stop.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: STUMPED
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:01:44 PM »
If tomorrow it was announced that Dr. Ben Carson had been diagnosed with a progressive brain disorder and has been deteriorating rapidly in the past 5 years my response would be "aaaaahhhhhhh, that makes sense"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
Sorry but everybody knows that Cuba gets special treatment.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »
Another "Training wheels" president?   He's never heard of the wet foot/dry foot policy?  They teach that shit in middle school social studies.  it's one of the biggest parts of the immigration issue.   How in the WORLD can he claim to be prepared to deal with Cuba, if he's never ever heard of this situation?   Most importantly, what other simple national policy issues has he NEVER EVEN HEARD OF?

Sorry folks, this might be his biggest flub-up yet.  NOBODY here will defend this.

In the Herald interview, Carson appeared stumped by questions about the so-called wet-foot, dry-foot policy, which allows Cubans who reach U.S. soil to remain here, and about the Cuban Adjustment Act, which allows Cubans who arrive in the U.S. to apply for legal residency after 366 days.

"You're going to have to explain to me exactly what you mean by that," Carson said, asked about wet-foot, dry-foot. "I have to admit that I don't know a great deal about that, and I don't really like to comment until I've had a chance to study the issue from both sides."

On the Cuban Adjustment Act, he gave a similar response: "Again, I've not been briefed fully on what that is."

When a reporter explained the outlines of the policy, Carson said, "It sounds perfectly reasonable."

The reporter then informed him of abuses to the policy by Cubans who obtain residency and claim federal government benefits only to make frequent trips back to the island. The abuses have been documented extensively by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

"I think the way to fix that is not so much to abolish the act, but dealing with the specific area where the abuse is," Carson said, noting that Medicare and Medicaid fraud is "huge -- half a trillion dollars."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2015/11/cuba-policy-questions-stump-ben-carson-ahead-of-miami-book-stop.html

Don't worry.  He will out do himself next week.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »
Sorry but everybody knows that Cuba gets special treatment.

of course.  But the point is, Carson ADMITTED that he had NO IDEA what the wet/dry foot thing even was.

This isn't a thread on if the Cuba policy is bullshit.  It's abuot the Republican frontrunner having NO IDEA there was even such a policy.   What else doesn't he know?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:14:11 PM »
If tomorrow it was announced that Dr. Ben Carson had been diagnosed with a progressive brain disorder and has been deteriorating rapidly in the past 5 years my response would be "aaaaahhhhhhh, that makes sense"

Far-right Republicans LOVE this dude.

They SUPPORT every embarrassing mistake he makes.  They do not CARE if he's wrong about all of this.  They don't care if he is clueless on cuba, ignorant on egypt, devoid od history...

Remember everyone wanting an 'average joe' in office?  Facts/science are evil, and emotion/belief is awesome?  Everyone wants a regular person to be president, right? 

Ugh, Carson has been the frontrunner for a WEEK, and he's stepped in 10 piles of shit THIS WEEK by just BAFFLING everyone with these completely false statements.

Repubs on getbig aren't supporting him - but they're scared to admit he's lying.   it's weird.  In case he wins the nomination, I guess... so they can say they've always supported him lol.

The weirdest thing - and maybe the biggest indicator he isn't running for president for real - is that he wants to talk about religion and his odd history, and pyramids, and noah's ark... HE doesn't want to talk about his economic solution, or his stance on guns (he used to be anti) or border (he IS pro amnesty).

talking about religion, his supporters don't have to look at his rather liberal history of positions on issues.  ;)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:56:26 AM »
of course.  But the point is, Carson ADMITTED that he had NO IDEA what the wet/dry foot thing even was.

This isn't a thread on if the Cuba policy is bullshit.  It's abuot the Republican frontrunner having NO IDEA there was even such a policy.   What else doesn't he know?

Is this a rhetorical question or a challenge?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 09:41:11 AM »

I dont like Carson, i think he is fake as fuck.
However i dont see anything wrong with this response. Its a sign of intelligence admitting when you dont know something. He was honest here, cant blame him for that.