Author Topic: Politico admits fabricating hit piece  (Read 1081 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Politico admits fabricating hit piece
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 06:51:01 AM »
they admitted they jumped to the conclusion.

carson went on FOX Oreilly factor and outright admitted "I was not offered a scholarship" after claiming it for years.

so while they did take that leap, they were correct.

I know you hate the media, hate politico... but you also gotta hate the fact that carson told us he was offered something, and he was not.  Just more of his pattern of lies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:54:52 AM »
You can post all the headlines you want.

“I never said that I received a full scholarship. Nowhere did I say that,” Carson said. “POLITICO as you know, told a bold-faced lie.”

Perhaps you're missing the bigger issue.  He said in his book, and on charlie rose, and on facebook, that he WAS offered a scholarship.  Now he's playing the "I never said I RECEIVED".  He's playing word games.  The bottom line is that he lied.  he's blaming the media, and I know it's fun to shit on them.

But carson isn't credible.  Period.  He's a shit choice with crazy baggage.  For some reason, repubs always want that long shot. They always want the candidate with the biggest stack of lies.  have fun with that.  President Romney is a great example of what happens there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 06:56:50 AM »
You can post all the headlines you want.

“I never said that I received a full scholarship. Nowhere did I say that,” Carson said. “POLITICO as you know, told a bold-faced lie.”

Perhaps you're missing the bigger issue.  He said in his book, and on charlie rose, and on facebook, that he WAS offered a scholarship.  Now he's playing the "I never said I RECEIVED".  He's playing word games.  The bottom line is that he lied.  he's blaming the media, and I know it's fun to shit on them.

But carson isn't credible.  Period.  He's a shit choice with crazy baggage.  For some reason, repubs always want that long shot. They always want the candidate with the biggest stack of lies.  have fun with that.  President Romney is a great example of what happens there.

lol.... Give it up. More libs caught in more lies that you're defending just like I told you last night. Haha.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »
lol.... Give it up. More libs caught in more lies that you're defending just like I told you last night. Haha.

politico gave carson a favor.  one last life preserver to throw his base, with their "earth is only 6000 years old" and "we love violence" and "media sucks!"

They were SILENT this week as carson gave us lie after lie and looked really stupid on cuba and pyramids. 

now they're vocal because suddenly, they have one media outlet to hate on.  Bottom line, the candidate is crap.  he's just crap. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »
After the shit week that Carson had, I cannot blame his supporters for celebrating one bad media headline like they just won the super bowl lol.

They were silent all week.  Now it's victory parade?  Carson was never offered a scholarship, he now admits.  In his book, on Charlie rose, on fb, he claimed he was.  He's using he use of the word "full" to side step but we all know the bottom line- no scholarship when he was he was offered. 

Enjoy one politico bad headline.   The rest of the republican field is enjoying seeing Carson lie and make up facts and really just act like an ass.  But you got that one politico headline

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »
http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/06/politico-admits-fabricating-a-hit-piece-on-ben-carson/

this is hilarious

this article starts out with this statement:   "Politico's editorial staff on Friday conceded that entire basis of attack on Carson was invented out of whole cloth."

yet no where in the article do they substantiate that claim

the article then says

"Politico stealthily edited the inflammatory headline and lede, after the damage was done. They made changes without adding a note about what was corrected. They didn’t update the piece or add an editor’s note"

So Joe, tell us where the Politico editorial staff "conceded the entire basis of attack on Ben Carson was invented out of whole cloth"

Do you realize how ironic it is that you complain about what some said is a misleading headline and you respond with a complete fabrication about Politico  (the VERY THING you claim to be upset about)

and of course Ben Carson 100% lied about being offered a full scholarship to West Point

that FACT continues to be true

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »
if you look at the politico article, you will see they DID add an editor's note.

It's at the top of the article in very big letters.  And it was there last night at 5:32 pm LOL.

Coach's link from the Federalist was written AFTER politico updated, but they didn't notice the giant editors note?  LOL what shady reporting!

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he "fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598#ixzz3qpngZKlK

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 02:34:47 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »
the right is desperate.  their one shining moment is a bad politico headline, although hours later Carson went on Oreilly to completely deny he ever receieved that offer... something he bragged about 3 times before.

he actually vindicated politico.   If politico doesn't use the word 'fabricated' and just said they create a discrepancy, they're fine.

LOL # repubs celebrating like they just won the super bowl.  Carson still lied about the offer ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »
hy would you even debate an issue with a conservative that believes Obama is a muslim? THat right there should tell you all there is to know about his 1. Credibility or 2. Ability to read and comprehend information

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 09:07:58 PM »
hy would you even debate an issue with a conservative that believes Obama is a muslim? THat right there should tell you all there is to know about his 1. Credibility or 2. Ability to read and comprehend information

What if in addition, they actually believe Obama's birth certificate is fake too? 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 01:24:02 AM »
Just more of his pattern of lies.

So now we are worried about a pattern of lies?  Hitlery Cuntin has the market cornered when it comes to a pattern of lies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 07:34:49 AM »
I remember in 2011/2012....

There were nearly a dozen women accusing Cain of being a womanizing whore.  He said he'd never done ANYTHING inapropriate in 43 years of marriage.  Yeah.

This is turning into that.  Outright caught in a few lies alrady.  More lies looking to emerge as very thin, way-too-convenient events in his life are remembered differently by those around him.  And the idiot things like the pyramids he seems to truly believe?

This IS hermann cain all over again.  Repubs are still picking over this or that lie - unwilling to just admit he's lied about a handful of things, and more are likely to emerge this week.  They'll celebrate one politico headline, but many of them who actually remember the hermann cain mess realize this is happening again.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
Hermann Cain has fuck all to do with Carson or Hitlery.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »
if you look at the politico article, you will see they DID add an editor's note.

It's at the top of the article in very big letters.  And it was there last night at 5:32 pm LOL.

Coach's link from the Federalist was written AFTER politico updated, but they didn't notice the giant editors note?  LOL what shady reporting!

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he "fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598#ixzz3qpngZKlK

The most fascinating part of this story about this particular often repeated lie by Carson is that some Repubs believe that Politico fabricated this story. 

As you've pointed out Politico stands by the story but somehow certain Repubs live in an alternate universe where they've actually admitted it's a fabrication "out of whole cloth" and have retracted it......yet back in our universe this never happened.

Now the idiotic beliefs of certain Repubs on this board are starting to make sense. 

They literally dwell in an alternative universe where cats bark and dogs meow and where fish breathe air and human beings have gills instead of lungs and all sorts of other weird shit

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
After the shit week that Carson had, I cannot blame his supporters for celebrating one bad media headline like they just won the super bowl lol.

They were silent all week.  Now it's victory parade?  Carson was never offered a scholarship, he now admits.  In his book, on Charlie rose, on fb, he claimed he was.  He's using he use of the word "full" to side step but we all know the bottom line- no scholarship when he was he was offered.  

Enjoy one politico bad headline.   The rest of the republican field is enjoying seeing Carson lie and make up facts and really just act like an ass.  But you got that one politico headline

He raised 3.5 million bucks, while Politico and CNN have been getting beat up all weekend for their BS hit job. If that's your idea of a s--t week, Carson may not be stopped.

Edit - a recent Monmouth poll now has Carson passing Trump in SC. What a HORRIBLE week for Dr. Carson!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »
Politico was wrong that the campaign "admitted he fabricated" the story.

Carson himself admitted he wrote/repeated claims which weren't true.

Some "win".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
He raised 3.5 million bucks, while Politico and CNN have been getting beat up all weekend for their BS hit job. If that's your idea of a s--t week, Carson may not be stopped.

Edit - a recent Monmouth poll now has Carson passing Trump in SC. What a HORRIBLE week for Dr. Carson!

18% of the nation believes the ocean, rocks, dinosaurs hadn't yet existed, just 6001 years ago.

There are millions of people that bought a pet rock.

Donor $ isn't always an indicator of 'winning' - unless HIlary's big haul after benghazi hearing is to be included? ;)

And the poll in SC - what was the date?  We always see the results of an action 1.5 to 2 weeks AFTER the mess people step in.  Today's poll won't reflect his lying ass - but the poll taken on Nov 20th will.