Author Topic: Christie on Carson: "He should answer the questions"  (Read 696 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Christie on Carson: "He should answer the questions"
« on: November 09, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »
Christie is being tough.  Carson is hiding from the questioners now. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Christie on Carson: "He should answer the questions"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 12:07:30 AM »
Huck to Carson: "Pal, you ain't seen nothing yet."

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:37:09 AM »
So how many more times should he answer it? 100 wasn't enough?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
I still kinda like Christie. More than anyone on his side, anyway.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:48:16 PM »
So how many more times should he answer it? 100 wasn't enough?

8+ hearings should cover it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »
I still kinda like Christie. More than anyone on his side, anyway.

I still like him too. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »
To be fair to Carson he admitted was never nominated, never applied and never received an appointment

but somehow he also didn't lie when he said...many different times, that he turned down an offer of a full scholarship

thats what he and his sycophants would like us to believe and they seem pretty damn upset that the rest of us aren't willing to go along with that nonsense.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
I still like him too. 

I'm told he's a RINO, and I'm told this should trouble me. Because only extreme ideologues are to be considered, I'm told.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »
I still like him too. 

yet his approval ratings in his own state are dismal

here are just a few reasons why (out of many)

New Jersey has  eight credit downgrades under Christie, the most ever for a Garden State governor. Only Illinois has lower ratings than New Jersey among U.S. states.
https://www.quora.com/Chris-Christie-2016-Presidential-Campaign/Will-the-record-setting-8th-credit-rating-downgrade-for-New-Jersey-from-S-P-impact-Chris-Christies-presidential-hopes

Under Christie, New Jersey ranks 49th out of 50 states in private sector job growth (beating only Maine). In terms of overall job growth, which includes public sector jobs, New Jersey under Christie is dead last.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/01/unspinning-christies-state-of-the-state/

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »
To be fair to Carson he admitted was never nominated, never applied and never received an appointment

but somehow he also didn't lie when he said...many different times, that he turned down an offer of a full scholarship

thats what he and his sycophants would like us to believe and they seem pretty damn upset that the rest of us aren't willing to go along with that nonsense.

Thought that's all we were addressing, what that hit piece suggested. No idea about the other stuff.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
yet his approval ratings in his own state are dismal

here are just a few reasons why (out of many)

New Jersey has  eight credit downgrades under Christie, the most ever for a Garden State governor. Only Illinois has lower ratings than New Jersey among U.S. states.
https://www.quora.com/Chris-Christie-2016-Presidential-Campaign/Will-the-record-setting-8th-credit-rating-downgrade-for-New-Jersey-from-S-P-impact-Chris-Christies-presidential-hopes

Under Christie, New Jersey ranks 49th out of 50 states in private sector job growth (beating only Maine). In terms of overall job growth, which includes public sector jobs, New Jersey under Christie is dead last.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/01/unspinning-christies-state-of-the-state/

This doesn't look good. But wasn't Clinton also a shitty governor (fiscally) who made out pretty well in office? He didn't get in the way of a thriving economy, anyway.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
Is Christie even still relevant? lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »
Is Christie even still relevant? lol

Probably not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »
I'm told he's a RINO, and I'm told this should trouble me. Because only extreme ideologues are to be considered, I'm told.

I could care less about labels.  I think he's honest and a good leader.  That's far more important than whether he passes some political litmus test. 

Just wish he would lay off the donuts . . . .

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »
I could care less about labels.  I think he's honest and a good leader.  That's far more important than whether he passes some political litmus test.  

Couldn't agree more - VERY important to the blowhard ideologues, though. Hell, wish we didn't even have these idiotic parties; should be issue by issue, make people think for themselves.

And, yeah, the guy could definitely skip a few desserts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 03:27:21 PM »
Thought that's all we were addressing, what that hit piece suggested. No idea about the other stuff.

how is it a hit piece when they reported that he admitted never applying and never receiving an appointment

was that a lie

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 03:28:22 PM »
I could care less about labels.  I think he's honest and a good leader.  That's far more important than whether he passes some political litmus test. 

yet the facts show he is neither honest nor a good leader, at least as far as the people of his state are concerned

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 03:58:18 PM »
how is it a hit piece when they reported that he admitted never applying and never receiving an appointment

was that a lie

First, tell me where he lied about APPLYING. Please, this would clear up so much confusion on my end.

Thought I just agreed with you - was it sarcasm, because now I'm just confused. This is all I know about this whole scenario:

* Carson wrote that he was informally OFFERED a scholarship.

* He never pursued the offer or claimed otherwise.

* Politico suggests he's a liar because he never APPLIED.

If this is all that happened, then 1) no, Ben didn't lie; 2) Politico is deliberately misrepresenting what happened (i.e. lying), and 3) lying to discredit is very much a hit piece.

What am I misunderstanding?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
First, tell me where he lied about APPLYING. Please, this would clear up so much confusion on my end.

Thought I just agreed with you - was it sarcasm, because now I'm just confused. This is all I know about this whole scenario:

If this is all that happened, then 1) no, Ben didn't lie; 2) Politico is deliberately misrepresenting what happened (i.e. lying), and 3) lying to discredit is very much a hit piece.

yes, it does appear that you're confused (no offense - just saying)

Carson never wrote that he was "informally offered a scholarship".  Had he said that or something similar it would be a non-issue it would have been a non-issue but I guess it also wouldn't sound that impressive in an autobiograhpy either.

Here is what he wrote in his autobiograhpy

"Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point." He added that despite turning the offer down, "As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted."

The only "offers" come from West Point after a person is nominated, formally applies and is selected.

Westmoreland is not even in a position to have been able to nominate him and as Rob has pointed out may not have even been in the city at the specified time/date that "whatever" he said was supposed to have happened

If he had just said "Westmoreland said he would help me get nominated and that I would likely have gotten in" that would have been fine but that's not the same thing as actualy being offered and appointment and turning it down

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »

they cling to it.  it's something to believe in.  Finally, they have a sliver of a victory against the mainstream media that keeps whooping their ass in POTUS races.  "We defeated politico!" is the battle cry.

No, politico claimed they admitted fabricating it.  hours later, Carson himself admitted some things weren't true.  The difference between "fabricated" and "exaggerated and repeated" ain't a big gap ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 05:56:48 PM »

Nothing really. The rest is simply the neurosis of the left in the media (and that of Straw and 240 here) to yak about Carson's supposed lying.

Simply put: The skids appeared to be greased for Carson to get into West Point, if he simply applied (which he didn't and never claimed he did). If he's number one in his JROTC class, is his director NOT going to recommend him for the slot, especially with a flag officer to fast-track it up the chain?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »
yes, it does appear that you're confused (no offense - just saying)

Carson never wrote that he was "informally offered a scholarship".  Had he said that or something similar it would be a non-issue it would have been a non-issue but I guess it also wouldn't sound that impressive in an autobiograhpy either.

Here is what he wrote in his autobiograhpy

"Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point." He added that despite turning the offer down, "As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted."

The only "offers" come from West Point after a person is nominated, formally applies and is selected.

Westmoreland is not even in a position to have been able to nominate him and as Rob has pointed out may not have even been in the city at the specified time/date that "whatever" he said was supposed to have happened

If he had just said "Westmoreland said he would help me get nominated and that I would likely have gotten in" that would have been fine but that's not the same thing as actualy being offered and appointment and turning it down

Exactly as I said, then. Partisan bullshit.

Political groupies are creepy as fuck. Big ol' culty circlejerk is all.