Author Topic: Study shows muscle growth is only stimulated for 36 hours following training  (Read 10431 times)

falco

• Getbig V

Thanks Andre.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
no you said train your arms only every day for a month

then take a pic with the camera slightly closer to make them look bigger

I never said any such thing. Let us have a look at your huge arms. bigmc, what you?

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
Everyone is different.  Try both methods and see which one works for you.  Who really cares anyways.  Just workout and be well.   

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Lol it's common knowledge that large muscle groups take at least 72 hours to recover and there is research showing that they still don't recover fully in 72 hours. Nobody has any business training more than two days in a row, unless they enjoy getting less than optimal results. You can't recruit enough motor units to have a productive workout and the load is important when it comes to stimulating growth. The more advanced lifter you are the more time you need to recover because advanced lifters can recruit more motor units and use much heavier weights
l

bigmc

• Getbig V
I never said any such thing. Let us have a look at your huge arms. bigmc, what you?

so you are saying you didn't do a big experiment on here

where you said you could put an inch on your arms in a month just training them
T

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Lol it's common knowledge that large muscle groups take at least 72 hours to recover and there is research showing that they still don't recover fully in 72 hours. Nobody has any business training more than two days in a row, unless they enjoy getting less than optimal results. You can't recruit enough motor units to have a productive workout and the load is important when it comes to stimulating growth. The more advanced lifter you are the more time you need to recover because advanced lifters can recruit more motor units and use much heavier weights

it's not common knowledge, this is the point. While there are idiosyncratic reactions which cause people to say things like "everyone is different" we really are not. Medicine is based on this principle, medications work for the most part very similarly in most people, most of the time, we are far more alike then we are different.

That is why we can generalize, if everyone is different or people need to find what works for them is actually reality, then generalizability goes out the window.

You have  evidence for this bit of common knowledge?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
these studies are so often flawed.

they are made by labcoat nerds without any real Life appicable knowlage and often lack comon sense, disregarding a ton of factors.

"Heavy resistance training"

there's difference between a workout and a workout... would you compare a Tom Platz leg session to one of Vince Goodrum or someone like that??

Intensity ie. how hard you train, and also how long are factors on how much muscle you break down/stimulate... These fucking nerd labcoats has no clue..

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat

K.I.S.S

Correct, but it should go more like this....

Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat
Get frustrated with your poverty natty gains and realize that you aren't gonna look how you want to look without gear.

Which leads to...

A.  Quit

or

B. Take gear
    Train
    Eat
    Rest
    Repeat
    Get the women

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
whatever dude, troll your shit somewhere else please...
cns is just a term u heard to generalize psuedo knowledge
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat
Get frustrated with your poverty natty gains and realize that you aren't gonna look how you want to look without gear.

Which leads to...

A.  Quit

or

B. Take gear
    Train
    Eat
    Rest
    Repeat
    Get the women
Thanks.....I`ll opt for Plan-B !!  :D

Waller

• Getbig IV

Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat

Which leads to...

A.  Quit

or

B. Take gear
    Train
    Eat
    Rest
    Repeat
    Get the women
    Realise you'll never reach the size you want without massive doses

Which leads to.....

A. Quit

B. Compromise keeping doses low, living with a balance of some size and some self loathing

Or

C. Get super massive
    Die early

Added a few stages to it  ;D

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!

Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat

Which leads to...

A.  Quit

or

B. Take gear
    Train
    Eat
    Rest
    Repeat
    Get the women
You forgot balding, impotence, getting laughed at by lot's of people when you walk around the mall in baby gap clothes, lousy health....just to name a few.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
You forgot balding, impotence, getting laughed at by lot's of people when you walk around the mall in baby gap clothes, lousy health....just to name a few.

Negative post reported...

blackpele

• Getbig III
This idea of training a body part once a week is bullshit, why not every 6 days or 5 days or 4 days??? It's a made up number.
By the way I started training my arms three times a week with a lot of volume and supersets and the gains were great, no more of that HIT bullshit.
Anyway that's my two cents.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
This idea of training a body part once a week is bullshit, why not every 6 days or 5 days or 4 days??? It's a made up number.
By the way I started training my arms three times a week with a lot of volume and supersets and the gains were great, no more of that HIT bullshit.

Exactly what i am going to do. Thanks for letting us know you got results.

When you did arms 3 times a week, did each arm workout consist of less volume/sets because you were doing 3 times a week, or was the volume high every arm day?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

Lol

Y

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
if your natural 1 body part a week and make sure your muscles are really sore. i learnt that the hard way training whole body  3 different exercises 6 days a week as a beginner lol

if on steroids train all you want as long as u want just dont forget to eat and sleep

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Hi All,

Loading the muscle each 24 hours would even be closer to optimal then working out every 36 hours.

Full Body workouts preferred above split workouts.

Workoutsessions should provide an increase in the load each and every every session.

One set per bodypart must be carried out long enough ( TUT) to create sufficient stimulus. More workingsets are not essential. The number of reps is not relevant.

Working up to extremely heavy loads is not necessary.

How has this program worked for you in real life? Can you post a pic to show us the results of this protocol?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
these studies are so often flawed.

they are made by labcoat nerds without any real Life appicable knowlage and often lack comon sense, disregarding a ton of factors.

"Heavy resistance training"

there's difference between a workout and a workout... would you compare a Tom Platz leg session to one of Vince Goodrum or someone like that??

Intensity ie. how hard you train, and also how long are factors on how much muscle you break down/stimulate... These fucking nerd labcoats has no clue..

Well, they doesn't do these study's for internet critics, who have a morons degree of the broscience.  These study's are more like "read and learn"- material rather than "read and deny all the facts without any counter evidence what so ever"- material  ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Well, they doesn't do these study's for internet critics, who have a morons degree of the broscience.  These study's are more like "read and learn"- material rather than "read and deny all the facts without any counter evidence what so ever"- material  ;D

What training method would you propose?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
What training method would you propose?

What I propose, is training smartly. What I  do myself is quite simple routine, three days per week, starting Monday, training every other day:

1. Chest + arms  
2. Legs
3. Back and shoulders

Lot of crunches and hyperextensions, stiff legged deadlifts etc. for abs and lower back as a warm up every day.

This way I can go heavy all the time, meaning that every set is done to the failure. Basic exercises, but all the time with best possible form and range of motion. I use supersets, giant sets etc. for changing the routines, and it works quite good. What is important about this split is obvious: You doesn't stress the muscle which you have just trained at the next training session. Only legs are sore at the Friday, but that doesn't matter, they are sore till Sunday anyway. I am 56 but this way of training gives me a better growth I have when I was 30, training with the four split and not minding too much about the form and the range of motion..

As you see, there is no big secrets, just simple basics, and that is the vital point. By my experience of 25+ years, people are overcomplicating their training, while cutting down back to basics would give them better results. I see this happen all the time, natural builders try to keep up with the pace of the gear using pros, and that is utterly stupid thing to do. You get best results when you give your body some time to relax between training, time to recovery, and then you can max out in every exercise you do at the gym.  

pellius

• Getbig V
How has this program worked for you in real life? Can you post a pic to show us the results of this protocol?

Always happens. Someone will give a training protocol that they insist is "optimal" but when asked to show their results following this program they disappear.

"Full Body workouts preferred above split workouts."
"More workingsets are not essential. The number of reps is not relevant."

Since no top competitive bber follows this claim and nobody has ever won any major title using these principles I think there is probably a very good reason "forgottemuscle" is not to keen to show the results that he personal has experience using these methods.

There isn't any.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Currently doing full body workouts every second day with cardio sessions on the days I don't workout. Recovering from bicep tendon reattachment surgery so the amount of weight I can lift and exercises I can perform is very limited.

pellius

• Getbig V
Currently doing full body workouts every second day with cardio sessions on the days I don't workout. Recovering from bicep tendon reattachment surgery so the amount of weight I can lift and exercises I can perform is very limited.

How did you detach your bicep tendon?

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
Train
Eat
Rest
Repeat

K.I.S.S

Applies to almost everything in life. Would singlehandedly destroy the weight loss/fitness machine as well.