Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 2253 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Sleep
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:59:37 PM »
I know I'm not the only one who has trouble sleeping while on cycle, it happens to me every time I jump on. Usually after the first 4wks or so I seem to settle down, but I'm having a good bit of trouble this go around. My typical sleeping schedule is go to bed no later then 11:00 usually in bed by 10:00 or 10:30, up at 6:00 On the weekend I typically get up at 6:00 eat and go back to bed until 8:00

Anyway, I'm going on 6wks on this cycle and Sleep has become a bitch...as I type this  it's 1:50 a.m.>:(
I went to bed at 10:30, but got back up at 1:00 since I could not sleep at all.

Not really looking for advice, but if you got any feel free to hare share, but in all honesty I believe it’s just one of those things I’ve got to tough out.  In all honesty I'm just bored and pissed off right now. I have been taking Sominex or Unisom for a few wks it helps some, but not a lot. I don't want to really take anything heavier then over-the-counter sleep aids because they typically leave me tired the entire next day...even more so then very little sleep does, it's almost a hangover feeling with the stronger stuff.

Alright, I'm going to try sleeping 1 more time, 6:00a.m. will be here shortly. Talk to all of you tomorrow

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Sleep
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:24:15 AM »

Baby Arnold.

Go to bed, stay in bed.....unless you need water.

Stop getting up........eventually you will relax enough to fall asleep.

I never have trouble going to sleep on cycle.  I work it all out in the gym so by the time that night comes I'm ready to sleep.

Up your intensity.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:28:26 AM »
Baby Arnold.

DIV

^concur with DIV.  Stay in the bed, even if you are not sleeping.  You'll still be getting rest, and in the end I'll bet you sleep a little more than you think.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:18:16 AM »
im the same way, i usally dont have trouble sleeping even on a tren cycle. my biggest thing is like said before to just stay in bed and if anything i like to gather my thoughts if i cant sleep, but i know the feeling

muscle
muscle

BIGMIKE

• Getbig III
  • PAIN IS JUST A FOUR LETTER WORD
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
I, FOR ONE,CAN'T SLEEP FOR SHIT.DOESN'T MATTER WETHER I'M ON OR OFF.LAETLY,I'VE BEEN EVEN WORSE.YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH THE BODY CAN HANDLE.MAN UP,YOU'LL SLEEP WHEN U DIE...

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
i have the same thing going on.i take some night time sleep aid and it helps when on my cycle.but my wife has the same problem and shes not on any gear.she goes to sleep and sleeps for a hour gets up eats and go back to sleep for another hour and then is up for like 2 hours and then goes back to sleep this happens like 3 times before she is finally asleep for like 5 hour.as for myself i cant get to sleep until 4am unless i take some kind of sleep aid then i can pss out if i take it at 7pm ill fall alseep around 10 or 11 pm but then i sleep all day and feel like shit when i get up.i hope we all can figure away to just stay asleep and to just stay in bed while your wide awake does not help it makes it worse cause your body will start getting used to it and it will happen everynight at the same time.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »
i have the same thing going on.i take some night time sleep aid and it helps when on my cycle.but my wife has the same problem and shes not on any gear.she goes to sleep and sleeps for a hour gets up eats and go back to sleep for another hour and then is up for like 2 hours and then goes back to sleep this happens like 3 times before she is finally asleep for like 5 hour.as for myself i cant get to sleep until 4am unless i take some kind of sleep aid then i can pss out if i take it at 7pm ill fall alseep around 10 or 11 pm but then i sleep all day and feel like shit when i get up.i hope we all can figure away to just stay asleep and to just stay in bed while your wide awake does not help it makes it worse cause your body will start getting used to it and it will happen everynight at the same time.

i heard that, its sucks lying there expecially when its 12 or 1 and u have to be up at 6 to go to work. thats horrible

muscle
muscle

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »
Baby Arnold.

Stop getting up........eventually you will relax enough to fall asleep.

I never have trouble going to sleep on cycle.  I work it all out in the gym so by the time that night comes I'm ready to sleep.

Up your intensity.

DIV
That's what I don't get bro, I'm not at all saying that my training regimen is without its flaws, but in terms of intensity I think I could hold my own with just about anyone. Combined with a job that involves a lot of physical labour I would think sleep would be no problem. A lot of nights, just like last night, I am absolutely beat, I can't find the bed fast enough, but once I hit the sack sleep does not come. For some reason, and I believe this to be my biggest problem, is that I have a very hard time shutting down my mind. I don't lay there stressing or worrying about things, not hardly, it's more just thoughts of life in general, i.e. what I have planned for the next day, long term goals, my training the next day or maybe a fine piece of ass I have my eye on ;) Some nights even though I'm beat I'll continue to map out my next training session over and over again. Obsessive? Yeah, probably, but I don't know how to turn it off.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »
Take a hot shower and rub one off and you'll relax enough to snooze ;)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »
Oh yes, the old rub ;D Shit bro, every time I rub one out I just want some ass even more...test will do that to you.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 03:13:16 PM »
try not to worrie about your next work out.try to just get the rest you need and forget about the next days work out,you know your gonna go work out so why sit up thinking about it?think about it when you get up,your work out isnt going to mean nothing if your body cant get the rest it needs.
i would hold off until you know your gonna be off work the next day and just get the sleep in even if you wake up in a hour at lease youll have the next day of no work or anything to worrie about.it might be caused by new stress in your life.I.E. a new girl or your job or you just not feeling right about something that will cause 95% of sleeping problems on gear or not on gear.
not trying to pry.... but when you have stress of course your tired and youll pass out but the brain always keeps working and triggers certain cells in the mind and can cause you to wake from a dead sleep.
to be honest this sounds so stupid but it works.find a room in the home to were your alone light some candles and medatate concentrate on one thing in your mind and just relax.what that does is relaxes your mind from everything except for the one thing your concetrating on.

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »
i have same prob and it is the test..... usually i strive for 8-10 hrs sleep but on some days ill know that by 9 oclock if im still feelling wide awake ill pop two unisom and out i go. its strange i feel like back in my old days of being 16-18 yrs old where you could get 4 hrs sleep then bam b right up ready to go except now ill get 4 hrs sleep, b tired at work then when i get home magically wake back up and stay up till 1am.

just take some unisom or walsom from walgreens but dont get hooked on them. also if those dont work you can find ambyien on one of the research sites.. i forgot wich one but its basically an overthe counter sleep aid that is supposed to work really good, keeps you knocked out for 8 hrs

oh yea on unisom you well get weird dreams.. combine that with the test dreams and it makes for some crazy shit

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
That's what I don't get bro, I'm not at all saying that my training regimen is without its flaws, but in terms of intensity I think I could hold my own with just about anyone. Combined with a job that involves a lot of physical labour I would think sleep would be no problem. A lot of nights, just like last night, I am absolutely beat, I can't find the bed fast enough, but once I hit the sack sleep does not come. For some reason, and I believe this to be my biggest problem, is that I have a very hard time shutting down my mind. I don't lay there stressing or worrying about things, not hardly, it's more just thoughts of life in general, i.e. what I have planned for the next day, long term goals, my training the next day or maybe a fine piece of ass I have my eye on ;) Some nights even though I'm beat I'll continue to map out my next training session over and over again. Obsessive? Yeah, probably, but I don't know how to turn it off.

^How to turn it off?  How about realizing that if you don't relax and go to sleep you will feel like shit the next day at work and in the gym?  Think about it rationally.  Sleep is important, without sleep you are robbing yourself of potential gains, recovery time etc.

I can always go to sleep when I want.  The way I look at it, if it's not going to kill me, then it's not worth staying awake stressing over.  As you get older you'll realize what I mean.  Life is a day by day process.  Worrying about the next day is pointless.

^Works for me.......

That should help you sleep.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 07:10:27 AM »
rub on off works indeed!!  ;D

muscle
muscle

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:26:45 PM »
Give Valerian root a try.  Or melatonin.  These are herbal remedies that work.  I was having the same problem, these willl really mellow you out and help you get quality sleep.

X