Author Topic: Are American Luxury Cars Improving Or Is It More Of The Same  (Read 12533 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: Are American Luxury Cars Improving Or Is It More Of The Same
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »
Those light covers opened by engine vacuum…After a while when the vacuum system became leaky from tubing rot,  they would sometimes just droop half open as if the car had Myasthenia Gravis.  Some people just jammed the covers open permanently.

nothing says deluxe like popup headlights or headlight covers ... super nifty and great for impressing the ladies

something thing tells me they won't be coming back anytime soon

"

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »
After seeing the new Buick and Lincoln at the LA auto show, I believe American luxury cars are improving.  What do you think?

2017 Buick LaCrosse
COLORED TRI-SHIELD, ASSEMBLEEEEE!

2017 Lincoln MKZ

J.D. Power's Vehicle Dependability Study is showing that american cars are getting better. IMO, you can't better Japanese luxury cars tho.
A

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
American cars are shit

Nah, I love my Jeep Wrangler. nothing like driving with the top down and my hair blowing in the wind on a nice summer day 8)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Odd thing about the ATS is that it th best handling car of its class. This class is stacked too. The ATS competes with the 3 series, C Class, IS, A4, Q60. People have suggested that it is a combo of things. The Caddy's CUE infotainment system, the base 4 cylinder engine is course, the stick shift, and oh yeah, the perception thing. It doesn't help Cadillac that it's dealerships tend to be attached to other GM dealerships, and the customer service is not Lexus-like.
The ATS-V should be flying off the shelves. And apparently, it is better than the standard bearer, the M3, in certain aspects.

I just saw an advertisement for a $260 a month ATS lease.  Even with those low lease rates, the ATS is still dead last in sales for it's class and the CTS is selling even worse.

After the release of the XT5 and CT6, there won't be another Cadillac coming out for two years.  The Escalade, CT6, and XT5 will have to carry Cadillac until then.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
American cars are shit
better then benz tho
A

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 11:38:55 PM »
better then benz tho

I know for a damn fact that this is not true...Not that I would ever spend all that much for a car...

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2015, 11:53:32 PM »
nothing says deluxe like popup headlights or headlight covers ... super nifty and great for impressing the ladies

something thing tells me they won't be coming back anytime soon

I have to admit I wish that headlights were still sealed beams...Lamp interiors wouldn't get trashed with moisture.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »
American cars are shit

Are you including pickups and SUV's?  List four American cars you've driven to make this assessment.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
I went through first page and then last page (sorry 2 and 3)... but where the fuck has luxury been mentioned? I remember being in a brand new 1996 Merc SL 600 my mate's dad had and thinking "wow this is good". Also was in, and drove, a Bentley Continental in 2005. Had same feeling. This car is comfy, has all gadgets and I feel like a boss.

Never been in a Phantom or similar but the feeling of luxury is like when you go to a 5 star hotel and think "wow". Not that it has this engine or looks like that - that is an afterthought. When you go to a 5 star hotel, get taken to your room, some guy takes your bags, art is good, and open the door and see room and say "yeah, that's fucking nice - cool, champagne..." that's luxury.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
::)
You could have put a Ferrari badge on it and nobody would have bought it, genius.
was it poor quality?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
was it poor quality?
Not at all.

Its just not something people were willing to spend the money on at the time.  Its a VERY high quality car actually.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
I know for a damn fact that this is not true...Not that I would ever spend all that much for a car...
Really? How you " know" if you never owned one?  ??? ::)
 I have, sedan was shit. My mom's suv, electronical nightmare. My sister's slk? Was in the shop all the time, it was basically a lemon. My sisters new suv? Pos.
So take it from a person's that knows , Benz is junk.
A