Author Topic: Are American Luxury Cars Improving Or Is It More Of The Same  (Read 12611 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Are American Luxury Cars Improving Or Is It More Of The Same
« on: November 19, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
After seeing the new Buick and Lincoln at the LA auto show, I believe American luxury cars are improving.  What do you think?

2017 Buick LaCrosse
COLORED TRI-SHIELD, ASSEMBLEEEEE!

2017 Lincoln MKZ

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Are American Luxury Cars Improving Or Is It More Of The Same
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:37:44 PM »

2017 XT5

2017 CT6

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
2017 MKZ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:51:01 PM »

I'd say so.  Four door Cadillacs are now faster than Ferraris.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:02 PM »
i think they're going after a younger market with all he boomers dying off
"

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 01:57:47 AM »
Tesla is revolutionary. The Germans and japanese have nothing like it.

This frustrates many arrogant germans, as I read german car mags every week: when it doesn't come from germany, it automatically s*cks they think. They can't stand that Tesla is years ahead of them, so they speak negatively about the company
And with the recent massive VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat fraud scandal, they are even more sour than usual.....

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 02:03:59 AM »
Cadillac built over-sized, too heavy, poor handling, mushy suspension, chunks of low grade pig iron because that is what the WWII generation wanted.

They didn't see the change coming in automotive driving tastes.  They thought the desire for fun, sprightly, well handling GT style cars was just a temporary California based fad.  They thought as the children of the WWII generation aged they would start to want cars like their dad's.

They did not see the success of the 1964 Pontiac GTO,  Mustang, Volkswagen GTI, Corvair (If they had bothered to engineer it better) as being a harbinger of things to come.

Can you believe that GM was so stupid to keep Buick, but kill Pontiac?  The division most associated with GT style cars.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 02:54:47 AM »
Cadillac might as well be a different company compared to their offerings from 20 years ago.  The CTS-V is a world class performance sedan with a sledgehammer engine.

Lincoln is a farce.  Their offerings at the LA auto show are too little, too late.  Current lineup is a bunch of tarted up Fords with extra chrome and fake wood.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 03:44:02 AM »

This frustrates many arrogant germans, as I read german car mags every week: when it doesn't come from germany, it automatically s*cks they think. They can't stand that Tesla is years ahead of them, so they speak negatively about the company
And with the recent massive VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat fraud scandal, they are even more sour than usual.....

BMW is a big status symbol in the US but I don't get it. Boring cars that are in the shop for expensive repairs and maintenance.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:34 AM »
BMW is a big status symbol in the US but I don't get it. Boring cars that are in the shop for expensive repairs and maintenance.
Read this article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a26967/10-legendary-cars-that-prove-bmw-peaked-in-the-1990s/

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »
I drive a Dodge Stratus!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »

After the decline of their cars and all the corruption and scandals they still think they're the best?

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »

Cadillac ATS is probably the lightest car in its  class ???

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »
The new caddy concept is sick

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 02:00:53 PM »

After the decline of their cars and all the corruption and scandals they still think they're the best?

They make good quality cars, but Germans are certainly not the best when it comes to reliability, value for money, and warranties...
Many germans think that if their "premium" brands don't have it, the technology isn't ready for production or sale yet.
I dislike their arrogance.

VW is now suddenly going electric. It's not because they want to, they have to. They have no vision, no inner desire to make a better world or help solve something like global warming. And they will cheat if they can....

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »

It's Germany---German car manufacturers. Of course they think that they are the best. German engineering used mean bank vault like solidity and reliability. Now it means putting all the latest electronics in their high end models, just because they can, so that they can show off and use the consumer as a guinea pig.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
It's Germany---German car manufacturers. Of course they think that they are the best. German engineering used mean bank vault like solidity and reliability. Now it means putting all the latest electronics in their high end models, just because they can, so that they can show off and use the consumer as a guinea pig.

In the 70s and mid-late 80s  they made very solid (probably over-engineered) and reliable cars. After that, with a few minor exceptions, not so much. They still have a long way to go before they reach the level of the 70s and 80s again. From a reliability standpoint they don't seem to be doing very well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »
In the 70s and mid-late 80s  they made very solid (probably over-engineered) and reliable cars. After that, with a few minor exceptions, not so much. They still have a long way to go before they reach the level of the 70s and 80s again. From a reliability standpoint they don't seem to be doing very well.
there have been articles written on the facility of "German Engineering" today. And what that really means---unreliable, cool looking, and tons of electronics---Lane departure, infrared collision avoidance, heads up displays, mood lighting, heated steering wheels, butt massagers, heated gear shift, puddle lighting with emblem that displays, etc

Just take a  look at the interior of this brand new BMW 750, especially the night pics. This is "German engineering" in a nutshell
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195276

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

whether BMW looses their values after 60k miles or not, you'll still pull more pussy on a 2015 BMW 335i than a $60,000 Hyundai Genesis....ANYTIME

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
there have been articles written on the facility of "German Engineering" today. And what that really means---unreliable, cool looking, and tons of electronics---Lane departure, infrared collision avoidance, heads up displays, mood lighting, heated steering wheels, butt massagers, heated gear shift, puddle lighting with emblem that displays, etc

Just take a  look at the interior of this brand new BMW 750, especially the night pics. This is "German engineering" in a nutshell
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195276

Not a fan of "newer" (2000+) BMWs. The interior with this ambient lighting looks cheesy like a party limo. The hand gesture recognition system is a nice touch.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »
And as a heads up that new Lincoln MKZ is 400 HP

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
Lincoln is a farce.  Their offerings at the LA auto show are too little, too late.  Current lineup is a bunch of tarted up Fords with extra chrome and fake wood.

Lincoln's motto used to be "What a Luxury car should be".  I think they should change it to "Lincoln, we are the new Mercury".  But, which is the bigger farce, Lincoln or Acura?  Is a tarted up Escape, Fusion, Accord, Civic, or CR-V really a luxury car?

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »
Lincoln's motto used to be "What a Luxury car should be".  I think they should change it to "Lincoln, we are the new Mercury".  But, which is the bigger farce, Lincoln or Acura?  Is a tarted up Escape, Fusion, Accord, Civic, or CR-V really a luxury car?

At least Acura has the NSX....and impeccable, if not boring engineering and reliability.

Honda is the most stubborn company in the automotive world. Their absolute refusal to build a V8 engine for the Acura lineup is an enormous mistake.  Toyota/Lexus is every bit Honda/Acura's engineering equal.  Toyota is MORE than willing to build both V8 and V10 motors for their cars/trucks/SUVs...Toyota has a willingness to cater to North American demand for 8+ cylinder engine architecture.  Honda steadfastly refuses to cave to consumer demand which is why the Acura lineup has never shared the success of Lexus.  Acura's lack of RWD platforms certainly doesn't help either.

Lincoln is just junk.

For the record, Honda's HRC motorcycle division is absolutely second to none.  If only Honda would set their collective mind to building a 32v V8.....the whole automotive world would be better off due to the increased competition.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »
I drive a Dodge Stratus!
I can do 100 push-ups in twenty minutes!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »

I believe I read a few yrs back that Lincoln was doing worse at that time than Mercury was doing before they killed it off.