Author Topic: Obama is high if he thinks  (Read 546 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Obama is high if he thinks
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
That is a complete fabrication....

Although who gives a shit. No one ever said merry christmas in the bible. It's not a Christian holiday. It's a commercial holiday that was fabricated in the Victorian period...

Jesus was not born in a manger, not born on December 25, there was no star, no wise men, he wasn't the son of some fictitious god.... He was just a Jew trying to reform his people (1 among many at the time).

All the other details were fabricated 40 to 80 years after his death drawing on Old Testament and common gospel sources for inspiration. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »
Before we all complain that obama is declaring a war on Christmas, maybe we should actually read the article:

The Executive Leadership Team at the Salem VA Medical Center  (unless obama is on this team, I'm thinking he wasn't a part of this decision)

actually said: "Public areas may only be decorated in a manner that is celebratory of the winter season. Displays must not promote any religion. "

So if you want to fall into the annual FOX news pity party about war on Christmas, go for it.  But this means you don't have 8% of the population (yes, there are that many muslims here) decorating the place how they'd like.  They have decided this GOVT building isn't going to be a battle of the religions as different groups compete over real estate. 

Unless you just want to selectively enforce SOME religious bans... who needs the Constitution, we have emotion!

this is a stupid article which jumps to crazy conclusions.   I could just as easily written the headline "Heroic Veterans Swoop in to Ban Muslim Propaganda from Desecrating Display at Government Agency".   Equally accurate.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
Before we all complain that obama is declaring a war on Christmas, maybe we should actually read the article:

The Executive Leadership Team at the Salem VA Medical Center  (unless obama is on this team, I'm thinking he wasn't a part of this decision)

actually said: "Public areas may only be decorated in a manner that is celebratory of the winter season. Displays must not promote any religion. "

So if you want to fall into the annual FOX news pity party about war on Christmas, go for it.  But this means you don't have 8% of the population (yes, there are that many muslims here) decorating the place how they'd like.  They have decided this GOVT building isn't going to be a battle of the religions as different groups compete over real estate. 

Unless you just want to selectively enforce SOME religious bans... who needs the Constitution, we have emotion!

this is a stupid article which jumps to crazy conclusions.   I could just as easily written the headline "Heroic Veterans Swoop in to Ban Muslim Propaganda from Desecrating Display at Government Agency".   Equally accurate.

Well said

I went the emotional route...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »
I personally dismiss almost anything 240 posts since 90% of it is spin.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »

He's a pretty smart dude. ...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 06:59:10 PM »

He's a pretty smart dude. ...

I'm not saying he isn't.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »
That is a complete fabrication....

Although who gives a shit. No one ever said merry christmas in the bible. It's not a Christian holiday. It's a commercial holiday that was fabricated in the Victorian period...

Jesus was not born in a manger, not born on December 25, there was no star, no wise men, he wasn't the son of some fictitious god.... He was just a Jew trying to reform his people (1 among many at the time).

All the other details were fabricated 40 to 80 years after his death drawing on Old Testament and common gospel sources for inspiration. 

Actually his birth date was decided by a vote.

Apparently, even his so called followers don't think he was very special either.

On his birthday (hahahaha thanks Constantine) how do they celebrate it?  Do they teach their kids about the true Jeus who was a brown man from the Middle East and reflect upon his legacy and teachings?  Of course not, instead they celebrate the holiday with a story about a fat white man that climbs down chimneys and leaves gifts.

Easter is even more hilarious as it doesn't even involved another man at all, instead it involves a giant rabbit that hides psychedelic eggs in the yard.

The Son Of God can't even get his own holiday without having to share it as second fiddle with another fictional character.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
Coach believes all that. But he also appears to be rather dimwitted so no surprise there.

Awesome, another gimmick to destroy. lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 11:36:04 PM »
sometimes i do spin stuff, just to have have fun and poke getbiggers, or show hypocricy with the networks.

in this case, the author is doing the spinning.  One office of one govt building said "look, just keep all religious stuff out of this one area of this GOVT building."   

BUT since it's the week before thanksgiving and media is DYING for ANY example of "war on christmas" so drunk uncle lester will have something to argue about at the turkey table this year, VOILA, it's in the news.   

I have a good memory and I see it EVERY year, this weekend - Media looks for ANY example of "no religious stuff here" by a govt office somewhere, and voila, it's "obama hates christmas".

It's a fun debate, sure, but once we look at the exact facts of this case, the argument gets really freakin boring fast.  Do ANY of us want to walk into the DMV next week and find 50 hanging items from a muslim, hindu, or jehovah's witness?  No, no no we do not lol.  Keep that shit at your cubicle, you're on taxpayer checks, so STFU about it.

But hey, argue on lol...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 03:00:06 AM »
I'm not saying he isn't.

Another thread backfire, anyone keeping track?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 04:34:46 AM »

How does that compare to your percentage?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:50 AM »
Another thread backfire, anyone keeping track?

No.  It's sort of become the given expectation at this point.