Author Topic: New raw bench press record  (Read 12283 times)

MoralMan

• Getbig III
New raw bench press record
« on: November 22, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: New raw bench press record
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »

probably could have done more if the people would have backed off sucking in all the oxygen in the air ::) ::) ::)  impressive though...
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:40:21 AM »
I thought a flat back was required for this test of strenfs ?  At least it used to be.  Oh well...Impressive all the same.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:45:38 AM »
Strong mofo!

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 07:51:18 AM »

Insane!!!  :o :o

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
Wow. There's breaking a record, and then there's breaking a record. Sarychev's lift looked great, and he's looking very big, and a lot more solid than even a few months ago.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:21:29 AM »
Unreal.  :o

What's with the twinkie looking spotters though?   ::)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:29:54 AM »
Beast

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 08:38:43 AM »
If his arm snaps he's pretty much dead/seriously injured right?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »
Nice lift...

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 08:54:21 AM »
Raw should be no cheating...drug free...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:53 AM »
I thought a flat back was required for this test of strenfs ?  At least it used to be.  Oh well...Impressive all the same.

I know what you mean but it's still impressive like you said.  Now it's the big inverted U bridge but I still give him props. Maybe a 650lbs bench press guy without the crazy arch?

Nice to see powerlifting move away from these cheat bench shirts and squat suits. Now if we can get the depth down on the current squats that are passed I might start liking power lifting again.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how this works in terms of breaking records in the powerlifting world? It seems like every few weeks a new record is set. If there are MULTIPLE powerlifting federations, and each is claiming a world record, who is right? Its very disorganized. There should be ONE powerlifting federation, which houses all record holders. If you want to break a world record, you should be required to compete under that ONE federation. Since all powerlifting organizations have their own standards, its almost impossible to say who really does hold the world record for any lift.  ??? ??? ??? Can someone please explain how the system currently works.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 09:21:39 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how this works in terms of breaking records in the powerlifting world? It seems like every few weeks a new record is set. If there are MULTIPLE powerlifting federations, and each is claiming a world record, who is right? Its very disorganized. There should be ONE powerlifting federation, which houses all record holders. If you want to break a world record, you should be required to compete under that ONE federation. Since all powerlifting organizations have their own standards, its almost impossible to say who really does hold the world record for any lift.  ??? ??? ??? Can someone please explain how the system currently works.

Just multiple federations that don't recognize each other. At least with boxing they have unification bouts for their undisputed champion of the world. In power lifting they have a raw federation, one that allows only certain bench shirts and one that allows anything like those strait jacket sling shot shirts where you see the crazy bench numbers.

That's why I'm a fan of Olympic lifting. You lift it over head or you don't.  Many Gold medalist today don't even wear a lifting belt.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »
Lol, I'm sure if you had a cleaner view of the side, that arch wouldn't be far off from other big lifters of the last 50 years. The guy is so thick it's hard to judge, I think he lifted in that meet at #380/173 lbs/kgs -

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 09:58:15 AM »
Made that look easy :o

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 10:03:27 AM »
Just multiple federations that don't recognize each other. At least with boxing they have unification bouts for their undisputed champion of the world. In power lifting they have a raw federation, one that allows only certain bench shirts and one that allows anything like those strait jacket sling shot shirts where you see the crazy bench numbers.

That's why I'm a fan of Olympic lifting. You lift it over head or you don't.  Many Gold medalist today don't even wear a lifting belt.

Thanks Obama for multiple powerlifting federations. He's probably behind it all!

X

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
Looked like a clean lift that will be respected by most, except a few anti-drug guys  :D

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 02:22:53 PM »
Lol, I'm sure if you had a cleaner view of the side, that arch wouldn't be far off from other big lifters of the last 50 years. The guy is so thick it's hard to judge, I think he lifted in that meet at #380/173 lbs/kgs -

Cisternino lowered the dose?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »
damn looked so clean and easy

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »
I thought a flat back was required for this test of strenfs ?  At least it used to be.  Oh well...Impressive all the same.

All meets I competed it allowed an arch but your butt had to remain on the bench.

Here is an easy flat back 705.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
And Spoto's 722 record from May-13 has fallen.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »

Thought wrong.

An arch has always been allowed. Butt and upper back has to remain in contact with the bench is all.

Anyone foolish enough to attempt to press huge weight who DOESN'T set up with a decent arch is begging for serious shoulder problems. You want the back pinched and the shoulders behind the chest to protect the shoulders.

If you don't know this, you don't know much about anything pressing-wise. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »

The all-time raw pressing record (not drug-free) is rarely broken, regardless of federation.

Only three men have claimed the title in the last, oh, dozen years. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 09:17:40 PM »
Now that that's cleared up, let me congratulate this man on his feat.

That press is absolutely faultless. It was smooth, even, no chest compression, and a powerful drive.

Seeing a human bench press that much weight boggles the knowing mind.

This man is a TRUE freak.

I'm just shaking my head ...  :o