Author Topic: Keanu Reeves should be an inspiration for us all!  (Read 7892 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Keanu Reeves should be an inspiration for us all!
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
Inspiring and Powerful Words by Keanu Reeves:

"Most people know me, but don't know my story. At the age of 3, I watched my father leave.

I attended four different high schools and struggled with dyslexia, making my education more challenging than it is for most. Eventually I left high school without earning a diploma.

At the age of 23, my closest friend River Phoenix died of a drug overdose. In 1998, I met Jennifer Syme. We fell instantly in love and by 1999, Jennifer was pregnant with our daughter. Sadly, after eight months, our child was born stillborn. We were devastated by her death and it eventually ended our relationship. 18 months later, Jennifer died in a car accident. Since then I avoid serious relationships and having kids.

My younger sister had lukemia. Today she is cured, and I donated 70% of my gains from the movie Matrix to Hospitals that treat leukemia. I am one of the only Hollywood stars without a Mansion. I don't have any bodyguards and do not wear fancy clothes. And even though I'm worth $100 million, I still ride the subway and I love it!

So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what's going on in your life, you can overcome it!

Life is worth living."

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
Re: Keanu Reeves should be an inspiration for us all!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
He should donate 100%.  How dare he hoard all that cash!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 09:11:29 AM »
Should at least give 10 mill to Josh and Marty so they can upgrade that poverty punchingbag.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
Fix the thread title. Needs to say Keanu REEVES.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
Keanu bought this for 4.5 million in 2003

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
He's resilient but it's also easier to be when you're making 20 million a movie. Still, I like his point of view, he has put his money to a good use by not cumulating houses, cars, jewels, etc.....You're owned by what you own. There's no point of making that much money and being in a constant state of anxiety about the things you have. And yes, there are things money can't buy. Or at least can't buy back.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »
He's trying to stay on the ground, probably because he feels that makes you feel alive, not isolated in your ten million dollar mansion and being driven around in a bentley by your personal driver, you'd start to feel dead inside (only my guess).

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »
Alice Cooper used to babysit him a couple of times.
a

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »

Paltry 1-level dump if you ask any Getbigger.

I praise Keanu for living in such squalor.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »

That's a home he donated as a hospital for sick children, you insensitive bastard!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

rotaryfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »
Apparently he gave all of his earnings for the both the Matrix sequals to the crew, telling them that he already had made more money than he needed and felt that they had contributed more to the movies than he had.

"Everyone's favorite space cadet, Keanu Reeves, is one generous dude. The Speed actor has reportedly given away a huge chunk of change to some of The Matrix crew. Reeves signed off on a deal that transferred his profit-sharing points to the sci-fi franchise's special effects and costume design crew. The Wall Street Journal quoted an unnamed movie exec who said Reeves " … felt that they were the ones who made the movie and that they should participate."

Apparently the Constantine actor also shared his sky-high stacks on The Devil's Advocate, too. Reeves let producers skim a few million from his bank so they could afford the wicked John Milton AKA Al Pacino. Later on, he followed suit with The Replacements so he could work with Gene Hackman. Thanks to generous back-end deals on The Matrix franchise, Reeves should be set for life — particularly since he seems more interested in playing in a band and sadly eating a sandwich than flaunting his dough."

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/did-you-know-keanu-reeves-gave-up-his-39matrix39-money/5563

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Should at least give 10 mill to Josh and Marty so they can upgrade that poverty punchingbag.

:D :D :D

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
.... and getting his motorcycle business going.....  nice bikes

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
In 1998, I met Jennifer Syme. We fell instantly in love and by 1999, Jennifer was pregnant with our daughter. Sadly, after eight months, our child was born stillborn. We were devastated by her death and it eventually ended our relationship. 18 months later, Jennifer died in a car accident. Since then I avoid serious relationships and having kids.
No matter what's going on in your life, you can overcome it!

Life is worth living."
kinda contradicting huh

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »
.... and getting his motorcycle business going.....  nice bikes
Hi Keanu ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
he was good in hercules... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
Keanu in his Porsche

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »
Keanus 911

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
Keanu in his Porsche

Dude was most likely about to leave for a car auction and donate the prize to a local orphanage.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »
Apparently he gave all of his earnings for the both the Matrix sequals to the crew, telling them that he already had made more money than he needed and felt that they had contributed more to the movies than he had.

"Everyone's favorite space cadet, Keanu Reeves, is one generous dude. The Speed actor has reportedly given away a huge chunk of change to some of The Matrix crew. Reeves signed off on a deal that transferred his profit-sharing points to the sci-fi franchise's special effects and costume design crew. The Wall Street Journal quoted an unnamed movie exec who said Reeves " … felt that they were the ones who made the movie and that they should participate."

Apparently the Constantine actor also shared his sky-high stacks on The Devil's Advocate, too. Reeves let producers skim a few million from his bank so they could afford the wicked John Milton AKA Al Pacino. Later on, he followed suit with The Replacements so he could work with Gene Hackman. Thanks to generous back-end deals on The Matrix franchise, Reeves should be set for life — particularly since he seems more interested in playing in a band and sadly eating a sandwich than flaunting his dough."

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/did-you-know-keanu-reeves-gave-up-his-39matrix39-money/5563

This is an urban legend. Over the summer Dan Labatard interviewed a costume/set designer from the Matrix and asked if  Keanu really donated millions to the crew, the person said he was extremely generous and very nice but no one got money from him giving away his option.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »

I don’t know how he has survived. Living in such hardship.

I'll make sure to send him a note.

"1"

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Most humble person ever.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »
its like deliting your fb account one week ago and then brag about not having fb haha

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
Can't wait for John Wick 2!