Author Topic: Why the WWE current product stinks....  (Read 13447 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Why the WWE current product stinks....
« on: November 23, 2015, 01:01:55 PM »
There are literally millions of wrestling fans worldwide that watch World Wrestling Entertainment.

The question is, do they actually enjoy what they are seeing, or do they wish wrestling would go back to a time when it was actually good?

Back in the day, Monday Night Raw was the place to be. Stone Cold, DX, Vince McMahon and others always made for interesting story-lines. We also had a lot of young and talented guys who went out there and did things that hadn't been done, like ladder matches and TLC tag matches.

Where did these days go?

Now when I tune in there is always some Hollywood actor or gimmick host supposedly calling the shots. Do wrestling fans actually care that Ashton Kutcher has another movie out, or that he is in a tweet war with some guy that has Woo Woo across his headband?

WWE is actually starting to creep back towards the days of the early to mid '90s when I didn't watch, and neither did a lot of people.

So what are they doing wrong?

Well, it's simple. They have gone from trying to dominate that male 18-34 demographic and have made it more family and kid friendly. Maybe by now they figure that those who watched religiously back in the '90s have kids and want to bring in the next generation for a ride.

Either way, the product has gone stale.

I rarely watch anymore. In fact I may turn on Raw for the first five minutes and see if it looks appealing, but after those five minutes I usually change it.

The biggest problem I have is seeing the same crap week in and week out. How many angles can you have between Cena and Bautista? How many times can we have a tag match with main eventers from the upcoming pay-per-view on the Monday before the event?

There are so many wrestlers on the roster that we shouldn't be seeing the same matches over and over again, plain and simple.

Then there are the story-lines.

Lame, enough said.

Whatever happened to factions and pushing young talent? It wasn't too long ago when Rhodes and Dibiase were given the push that way, and it worked.

If you look back in time at the guys that were developed from these groups you have some of the best. The Rock got his career going with the Nation, HHH really got chugging while in DX, and both Edge and Christian were in the Brood.

That is how you push talent.

This NXT stuff is a joke. I know they tried to come up with a new way to push young talent, but I didn't care, and I know many others share in my opinion.

The other reason the entertainment has turned to excrement is the actual story-lines themselves.

Outside of the Shawn Michaels-Undertaker plot line that took us into Mania a few years ago, there really haven't been any that make me want to spend $35 on a pay-per-view.

Do we care that Jack Swagger is a college All American with a lisp? Do we care that yet another wrestler got his head shaved in a match? Oh, and my favorite—the gimmick pay-per-views they have each month now.

I have a solution to their pay-per-view problem too—dump about half of them. They are mostly the same crap as the month before.

I am sure there are many out there that share my thoughts on the current state of the WWE, and there just as many that will argue it is good.

All I think is that it is going into the outhouse right now. They need to shake things up. Start a new faction, turn John Cena heel, actually kill the Undertaker in the ring. At the end of the day, there is only one....VINCE MCMAHON. He is the owner and the final decision maker in the company. Creative, HHH, Stephanie, Marc Carrano, etc...they can all say what they want but its MCMAHON that has the final say.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Why the WWE current product stinks....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
The product is about to get worse. Cesaro out 4-6 months, shoulder surgery.

As big as he is, and the way he throws his body around, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later.

They almost have to bring up some NXT guys, now.

A Bully Ray singles push needs to happen, as well.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »
NXT is a pretty good product though.

The rest I agree with, but not NXT.

I really enjoy watching that.

I watch more RoH and NJPW than WWE by far.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »
The product is about to get worse. Cesaro out 4-6 months, shoulder surgery.

As big as he is, and the way he throws his body around, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later.

They almost have to bring up some NXT guys, now.

A Bully Ray singles push needs to happen, as well.

I respectfully disagree.

I honestly believe that history has proven that Bubba & Devon are at their respective best in tag action.
Bubba even admitted on Jericho's podcast that his ultimate wrestling dream was to be in a great tag team.
That's just "where he lives."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 04:01:07 AM »
The problem with NXT is they put the wrong people in there. NXT was designed to train talent and get them ready for TV. Problem I have? Why are they putting people who are already established in NXT? Why was C.M.Punk and Colt Cabana (at the time he was still signed) regulated to NXT for a year before they debuted? Why is Samoa Joe in NXT? Kenta? At best this just pisses off wrestlers. These guys mentioned above were already established stars prior to signing with WWE. Right now, here is their failing formula....
- Bring a guy/girl in
- Stick him / her in NXT for a year - two years
- Bring him / her up to the main roster
- Shove him / her in the main event immediately
- 6 months goes by, wrestler is lost in oblivion and floats down to the lower card.

They did this with Paige, Roman Reigns, The Wyatts, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Dolf Ziggler, Miz and countless more. They are currently doing it with Charlotte. What happens now when she loses the title and we all know that it will happen soon enough? Charlotte over Sasha Banks just because she is Flair's daughter (and I like Charlotte but lets be fair here)? I don't think so.

The end

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 04:08:26 AM »

I respectfully disagree.

I honestly believe that history has proven that Bubba & Devon are at their respective best in tag action.
Bubba even admitted on Jericho's podcast that his ultimate wrestling dream was to be in a great tag team.
That's just "where he lives."

Yeah, looks like you're right. Watching them last night, their role seems pretty well defined: put over the younger tag teams. The Wyatts dominated them pretty good. It was the only interesting thing I saw on the show, as it was a fresh match up and I was wondering how they would book it.

As an aside, Raw sucking has made for some good sleep on Monday Nights. After an hour or so, you're ready to turn off the TV. Stardust and Titus O'neal made me hit the Power Off button.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
The problem with NXT is they put the wrong people in there. NXT was designed to train talent and get them ready for TV. Problem I have? Why are they putting people who are already established in NXT? Why was C.M.Punk and Colt Cabana (at the time he was still signed) regulated to NXT for a year before they debuted? Why is Samoa Joe in NXT? Kenta? At best this just pisses off wrestlers. These guys mentioned above were already established stars prior to signing with WWE. Right now, here is their failing formula....
- Bring a guy/girl in
- Stick him / her in NXT for a year - two years
- Bring him / her up to the main roster
- Shove him / her in the main event immediately
- 6 months goes by, wrestler is lost in oblivion and floats down to the lower card.

They did this with Paige, Roman Reigns, The Wyatts, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Dolf Ziggler, Miz and countless more. They are currently doing it with Charlotte. What happens now when she loses the title and we all know that it will happen soon enough? Charlotte over Sasha Banks just because she is Flair's daughter (and I like Charlotte but lets be fair here)? I don't think so.

The end

I have no argument.

You are saying many things.

Although, jobbing Ryback and Miz doesn't upset me... Also, I agree, Charlotte while a decent wrestler, should have the women's title at this point.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »
I have no argument.

You are saying many things.

Although, jobbing Ryback and Miz doesn't upset me... Also, I agree, Charlotte while a decent wrestler, should have the women's title at this point.
I'd have waited longer before putting any title on any of these NXT women. Have them have grudge matches, tag matches, etc. Once established, then put the title on one of them. I'd like to see a Paige vs Bailey fued.
Continuing my lovely rant, they need to bring prestige back to the titles. Champions should not get pinned clean and on TV no less unless they lose the title. It simply de-values them. Kill the US title, its not Crockett promotions. Retire that belt. Have a heavyweight, IC, Tag title and womens championship.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
I'd have waited longer before putting any title on any of these NXT women. Have them have grudge matches, tag matches, etc. Once established, then put the title on one of them. I'd like to see a Paige vs Bailey fued.
Continuing my lovely rant, they need to bring prestige back to the titles. Champions should not get pinned clean and on TV no less unless they lose the title. It simply de-values them. Kill the US title, its not Crockett promotions. Retire that belt. Have a heavyweight, IC, Tag title and womens championship.

I meant to say Charlotte should NOT have the title.

Sorry about my typing there.

Paige should have received the title if any of the current group was to get it. Charlotte should NOT.

Sorry about that.

I would like a TV title. One that should be defended on TV once a week. Either smackdown or RAW. Doesn't matter.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:48:54 PM »
can we just get the real ECW back already???

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »
can we just get the real ECW back already???

That mutherfukker once spilled a Wendy's iced tea in my Camaro.
C-sucker!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
Whatever they're doing, it's not working:

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
The old man needs to stop pushing Roman reigns down the fans throats..
It is clear he is not over..
His obsession with pushing big guys needs to stop..

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 02:00:33 AM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 03:57:40 AM »
I meant to say Charlotte should NOT have the title.

Sorry about my typing there.

Paige should have received the title if any of the current group was to get it. Charlotte should NOT.

Sorry about that.

I would like a TV title. One that should be defended on TV once a week. Either smackdown or RAW. Doesn't matter.
Lol, no need for apologies bro, all good.
TV title would be a nice addition. Bring back a little old school there. But I would leave it at that in terms of belts. I agree with you on the Paige thing. Let her have a good run with the title. Apparently, WWE's mentality is that she is only 22 years old and has "lots of time to have more runs with the title".

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 03:58:18 AM »
The old man needs to stop pushing Roman reigns down the fans throats..
It is clear he is not over..
His obsession with pushing big guys needs to stop..

Bullseye!  :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 05:59:44 AM »
Reigns just doesn't have mic skills and you can't be a top guy without them in this era, or any other for that matter. This is Cena after about a year in the business and he's already better than Reigns is,now:

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
Reigns was rushed. That's the problem. He needs someone to do his talking and let his athletisism do the work. Problem is the damage is done. No one has bought into his shtick.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 06:41:52 AM »
Reigns was rushed. That's the problem. He needs someone to do his talking and let his athletisism do the work. Problem is the damage is done. No one has bought into his shtick.

Could Heyman salvage him?
Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
I honestly don't see it. Not unless Reigns turns full blown heel and does some serious damage like his Shield days. They've turned him into the "big softie who high fives kids and comes ever so close to the brass ring but never gets it".

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:40 AM »
I honestly don't see it. Not unless Reigns turns full blown heel and does some serious damage like his Shield days. They've turned him into the "big softie who high fives kids and comes ever so close to the brass ring but never gets it".

Maybe they make him snap and do just that.
Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
Maybe they make him snap and do just that.
They need to shake it up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:44 AM »

I don't think so. He's too associated with Lesnar. For him to suddenly act as though Reigns is God's gift, would come off as contrived.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:25 AM »
I don't think so. He's too associated with Lesnar. For him to suddenly act as though Reigns is God's gift, would come off as contrived.
Apparently now Cesaro is out with a bad shoulder and is going for surgery. Maybe we'll all have to go show up at the next Raw taping and show these guys how its done  ;D

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 11:20:38 AM »
Apparently now Cesaro is out with a bad shoulder and is going for surgery. Maybe we'll all have to go show up at the next Raw taping and show these guys how its done  ;D

Honestly, I could be better on the stick than 1/2 of these clowns.