Author Topic: Why the WWE current product stinks....  (Read 13436 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Why the WWE current product stinks....
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 01:59:50 PM »
Apparently now Cesaro is out with a bad shoulder and is going for surgery. Maybe we'll all have to go show up at the next Raw taping and show these guys how its done  ;D

Austin pointed out something interesting on his podcast. During the Sasha/Becky Lynch match, Sasha won by using the tights, but none of the announcers made any mention of it, and 15 minutes later Becky was in the back joking around with New Day.

If the announcers and the wrestler who lost the match don't care if someone cheats to win, why should we? Meanwhile, Sasha gets no heat because no one mentioned what she did.

Austin seems just as disgusted with the product as we are. So, it's definitely not us.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 03:58:26 AM »

Austin pointed out something interesting on his podcast. During the Sasha/Becky Lynch match, Sasha won by using the tights, but none of the announcers made any mention of it, and 15 minutes later Becky was in the back joking around with New Day.

If the announcers and the wrestler who lost the match don't care if someone cheats to win, why should we? Meanwhile, Sasha gets no heat because no one mentioned what she did.

Austin seems just as disgusted with the product as we are. So, it's definitely not us.
Austin has been critisizing the product steadily on his podcasts. Everyone sees the nonsense. They only ones who "don't" are as C.M. Punk stated are "the Vnce McMahon "yes" people who tell him what he wants to hear."
Punk saw the writing on the wall a long time ago and that's why he bailed.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »
Ric Flair said on his podcast, let him Manage Cesaro and take him to the next level. Half of me says this could be great then I remember the AJ Styles and Miz debacle...

As for washed up NXT Talents..lets not forget Bo Dallas...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 04:02:37 AM »
Ric Flair said on his podcast, let him Manage Cesaro and take him to the next level. Half of me says this could be great then I remember the AJ Styles and Miz debacle...

I wouldn't bet the Ranch on it, but it has a shot of working. AJ really didn't need a manager, and Miz isn't a top tier talent.

Cesaro is a top tier talent who does need a manager.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 05:28:01 AM »

I wouldn't bet the Ranch on it, but it has a shot of working. AJ really didn't need a manager, and Miz isn't a top tier talent.

Cesaro is a top tier talent who does need a manager.
Cesaro is good but not top tier...no way. I would pay money to attend a show to see him "main event". I agree with your other statements.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 09:47:54 AM »
Cesaro is good but not top tier...no way. I would pay money to attend a show to see him "main event". I agree with your other statements.

IMO his in ring is top tier, his personality, or lack thereof, is what keeps him from the Main Event.

If his in ring wasn't exceptional, he probably would've already been told "Good luck in future endeavors." ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »

I think Bo Dallas is awesome. They just don't do anything with him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
IMO his in ring is top tier, his personality, or lack thereof, is what keeps him from the Main Event.

If his in ring wasn't exceptional, he probably would've already been told "Good luck in future endeavors." ;)
He's good, no question but I just can't put him in the sam catagory as Austin, Rock, and Hogan in their respective primes.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 09:35:46 AM »
He's good, no question but I just can't put him in the sam catagory as Austin, Rock, and Hogan in their respective primes.

In all fairness we will NEVER see someone in that class. Cena is at an elite level but not that level

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
In all fairness we will NEVER see someone in that class. Cena is at an elite level but not that level

You're right. And, that's primarily because of the way the business operates now. The evolution to that level is no longer permitted.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
There's the in-ring, and then there's the persona. In ring, Cesaro compares favorably. None of the three were technical geniuses that would make anyone forget Lou Thesz. From a persona standpoint, Cesaro isn't a pimple on any of their asses.

Combine Cesaro with Bobby Heenan, in his prime, and you'd have something special.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 04:41:51 AM »
I wouldn't even class Cena at that (Elite). He's just over with some. Hogan, Austin, Rock were over with everyone.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »
I wouldn't even class Cena at that (Elite). He's just over with some. Hogan, Austin, Rock were over with everyone.

Cena was 100% over for a long time, now it's like 65% over.

Still, even though I'm not much on his gimmick, the rest of everything he does is fine by me.

Not a great person in the ring, but passable and the work he does with Make a Wish? If someone says something negative about him, personally, I think they can fuck off. Guy is a class act and I won't say anything really bad about him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »
Cena was really over between 2005-2008 especially during his fueds with JBL and Edge. After that, he sunk and sunk fast. Kids love him but theres also a shitload of adults in the crowd and not soley kids. Randy Orton and C.M.Punk made just as many Make a Wish for kids as Cena, its just not advertised.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »
Cena was really over between 2005-2008 especially during his fueds with JBL and Edge. After that, he sunk and sunk fast. Kids love him but theres also a shitload of adults in the crowd and not soley kids. Randy Orton and C.M.Punk made just as many Make a Wish for kids as Cena, its just not advertised.

No, they haven't.

That's the thing. Cena is the all time Make A Wish leader among EVERYONE.

Not just wrestlers. Apparently number 2 is Justin Bieber, but anyway...

That's why I won't dog Cena out.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
Raw sucked tonight. The Fans were uncomfortably quiet at times.
T

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 09:51:33 PM »
No, they haven't.

That's the thing. Cena is the all time Make A Wish leader among EVERYONE.

Not just wrestlers. Apparently number 2 is Justin Bieber, but anyway...

That's why I won't dog Cena out.

Just imagine how awesome a Cena heel turn would be. Not just a regular heel turn but have him do something awful that makes everyone hate him. Would draw huge interest.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
Just imagine how awesome a Cena heel turn would be. Not just a regular heel turn but have him do something awful that makes everyone hate him. Would draw huge interest.

Absolutely true. It's been 20 years since the NWO.

Would people throw trash in the ring like when Hogan turned?

He wouldn't do it because of the Make A Wish type stuff, but it would be awesome right now.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
Absolutely true. It's been 20 years since the NWO.

Would people throw trash in the ring like when Hogan turned?

He wouldn't do it because of the Make A Wish type stuff, but it would be awesome right now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Set it up similar to how when Hulk joined nwo.

I think he could still do the make a wish and other pr stuff. I saw a pic last week of Bray Wyatt granting a make a wish.

It might be just what wwe needs to get back on the right track.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:48 AM »
Regardless, doing 5000000 make a wishes don't make a person a good wrestler / entertainer. If Vince doesn't wake up and see the light, they will be wrestling in armouries again.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
no vince russo = product sucks

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
I suspect that Cena is already thinking about life after wrestling. He's not one of those guys who wanted to be a pro wrestler from the time he was a kid regardless of what he says. If he really wanted to be wrestler from the get go, why go out to LA and work in a Gold's? After seeing bodybuilding was a dead end, he gave wrestling a shot, and it worked out beautifully.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »
I suspect that Cena is already thinking about life after wrestling. He's not one of those guys who wanted to be a pro wrestler from the time he was a kid regardless of what he says. If he really wanted to be wrestler from the get go, why go out to LA and work in a Gold's? After seeing bodybuilding was a dead end, he gave wrestling a shot, and it worked out beautifully.

Had to watch a chick movie called Trainwreck with my wife.  Cena was in it and he was absolutely hilarious.  Looked like he totally belonged on the big screen.
Y

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »
no vince russo = product sucks

To be fair, TNA sucked WITH Russo, so it's not like Russo is gold or anything.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »
To be fair, TNA sucked WITH Russo, so it's not like Russo is gold or anything.

Agreed, he has his value but also look how shitty WCW final days were when Russo was in charge.

Guy is talented but not God of wrestling.