Author Topic: Why the WWE current product stinks....  (Read 13429 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Why the WWE current product stinks....
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 04:30:10 AM »
Appreciate that - head the exact same advice from a buddy of mine who's a huge fan.
I made that mistake once sitting 3 rows back from the ring on a Raw show that came to my town about 6 years ago when it was somewhat worth watching. I pretty much stood the whole 3 hours and had to deal with idiots putting their kids on their shoulders, people knocking my chair around, etc.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2015, 06:37:14 AM »
We had a blast.

Seats were awesome - loge - 7 th row, slightly offset from ring corner, jumbo screen side...

Don't know the overall feelings, but what I saw:

TLC Opening match was great live.....some crazy spots....crowd totally nuts and into the match.

Russev / Ryback  Delrio/Swagger - nobody really cared but kind of expected after opener..

Owens / Ambrose - crowed went totally bonkers over Ambrose win.....

Divas - no idea why they bother with this.

Title match - Reigns was completely over with the  crowd.   Match started out great, but seemed to get pretty slow to me.  But as stated, him destroying HHH went over very well.

Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:22 AM »
We had a blast.

Seats were awesome - loge - 7 th row, slightly offset from ring corner, jumbo screen side...

Don't know the overall feelings, but what I saw:

TLC Opening match was great live.....some crazy spots....crowd totally nuts and into the match.

Russev / Ryback  Delrio/Swagger - nobody really cared but kind of expected after opener..

Owens / Ambrose - crowed went totally bonkers over Ambrose win.....

Divas - no idea why they bother with this.

Title match - Reigns was completely over with the  crowd.   Match started out great, but seemed to get pretty slow to me.  But as stated, him destroying HHH went over very well.

Ahhh nice! I was worried that you would have a shit show. Glad you guys had fun! I saw the spots in that first 3 way tag title match and it was amazing how no one got hospitalized.
Reigns vs HHH at RR in January is definately in the works. Best way to get Reigns over? Put him in the ring with the biggest "prick" in the business...HHH. HHH will make him, provided his ego doesn't get in the way of putting him over.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
Nice that you had a good time, GA.

Ironically, most people I know who have gone to shows have had a positive experience, even those who weren't into Pro Wrestling and went for some friend or family reason.

Vince knows how to put on a show, just not every Monday for three hours.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
Nice that you had a good time, GA.

Ironically, most people I know who have gone to shows have had a positive experience, even those who weren't into Pro Wrestling and went for some friend or family reason.

Vince knows how to put on a show, just not every Monday for three hours.

Live events are always entertaining and enjoyable. I'm assuming because most are there to have fun, unlike a sporting event where wearing another teams logo can cause people to lose their minds and start fights.

Most wrestling fans are also aware of what's going on and they realize that they are part of the "magic" thats taking place
(We know we're nerds).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2015, 04:35:11 AM »
PPV's are great to watch if you are live in person. I was lucky enough to experience 3 PPV's in my area and I enjoyed each one.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2015, 06:16:47 AM »
It was good, but half the matches had zero heat.  They were able to sustain the PPV with an insanely hot opening match, than bridge the gap with the Ambrose win and the eventual final.

Owens cut a decent promo, but man he missed an opportunity to put that crowd into a frenzy: "You can't relate to my title, because unlike the Patriots, I won it without cheating"
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
It was good, but half the matches had zero heat.  They were able to sustain the PPV with an insanely hot opening match, than bridge the gap with the Ambrose win and the eventual final.

Owens cut a decent promo, but man he missed an opportunity to put that crowd into a frenzy: "You can't relate to my title, because unlike the Patriots, I won it without cheating"

I caught a bit of Austin's Podcast. He questioned putting a show stopper match up first, because it's hard to follow and top.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »
Is that a good podcast?
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:28 PM »
Is that a good podcast?

Austin figured out that he can't just have friends on to bullshit. So, he often has Wade Keller on as a co-host to review recent wrestling events.  Keller is a 30 year wrestling journalist. The two of them mesh well. Keller, from a journalist view and Austin, of course, from a performer at all levels view.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2015, 05:40:40 PM »
Is that a good podcast?

I enjoy it. Not every show is a gem, but most are entertaining.

On the topic of podcasts, I also regularly listen to Flair's and Jericho's.
Naitch's best so far (or, I should say "my favorites") are the episodes with Steamboat and Sullivan.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »

I enjoy it. Not every show is a gem, but most are entertaining.

On the topic of podcasts, I also regularly listen to Flair's and Jericho's.
Naitch's best so far (or, I should say "my favorites") are the episodes with Steamboat and Sullivan.

I'd be looking for a podcast that is through the lens of the smartmark - Austin has been critical of the WWE, true?
Y

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
I'd be looking for a podcast that is through the lens of the smartmark - Austin has been critical of the WWE, true?

Yes, but I believe he still holds back some.

And, he always will so long as he's got any kind of relationship with them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2015, 04:34:09 AM »
Its one of the main reasons why he wants no part of WM even as a guest host.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »
Its one of the main reasons why he wants no part of WM even as a guest host.

On the last show, he criticized Reigns for lacking "attitude."

Nothing too harsh but he's still critiquing the top WWE guy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
On the last show, he criticized Reigns for lacking "attitude."

Nothing too harsh but he's still critiquing the top WWE guy.
That's the point bro, if Reigns is considered the "top guy", something is drastically wrong. Flair, Bruno, Hogan, Austin, Rock were top guys all for their respective era's but Reigns doesn't even come close to lacing up any of their boots.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:37 PM »

Austin pointed out something interesting on his podcast. During the Sasha/Becky Lynch match, Sasha won by using the tights, but none of the announcers made any mention of it, and 15 minutes later Becky was in the back joking around with New Day.

If the announcers and the wrestler who lost the match don't care if someone cheats to win, why should we? Meanwhile, Sasha gets no heat because no one mentioned what she did.

Austin seems just as disgusted with the product as we are. So, it's definitely not us.

I couldn't believe it. They did the same thing on last night's Raw. Sasha wins by pulling the tights and the announcers don't mention it. When it happened, I envisioned Austin watching the show and saying, "You gotta be effin kidding me!"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
I couldn't believe it. They did the same thing on last night's Raw. Sasha wins by pulling the tights and the announcers don't mention it. When it happened, I envisioned Austin watching the show and saying, "You gotta be effin kidding me!"

Austin should just capitalize what he can from the Fed.

No shame in that.