Author Topic: People on the terror watch list CAN LEGALLY BUY GUNS in the USA  (Read 1619 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
People on the terror watch list CAN LEGALLY BUY GUNS in the USA
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:51:58 AM »
Libs are urging repubs in congress to pass legislation stopping them.   Seems 2000 people, including some bigger name guys, have legally bought guns while on the list, over the past 10 years.  

do you agree with chucky schumer that congress needs to ACT to declare those on the terror watch list CANNOT BUY GUNS?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
Re: People on the terror watch list CAN LEGALLY BUY GUNS in the USA
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 02:12:41 AM »
You didn't even provide a link for your fiction this time, so it's hard to tell how much you've stretched the truth.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »
No idea about who got guns but the terror watch list isn't accurate. The NRA is worried about that slippery slope that the Gov will use to ban all guns. Until the list is fixed they won't support it.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:09 AM »
You didn't even provide a link for your fiction this time, so it's hard to tell how much you've stretched the truth.

lol.  This is absolutely true. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
lol.  This is absolutely true.  

Yes, yes it is:

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded. There are about 700,000 people on the watch-list — a point that civil libertarians have made to underscore that many on the list may be family members or acquaintances of people with potential terrorist connections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/16/why-the-nra-opposed-laws-to-prevent-suspected-terrorists-from-buying-guns/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »
Fix the list...make sure its not some bullshit from the Southern Poverty law center....and I'd support it.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
Yes, yes it is:

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded. There are about 700,000 people on the watch-list — a point that civil libertarians have made to underscore that many on the list may be family members or acquaintances of people with potential terrorist connections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/16/why-the-nra-opposed-laws-to-prevent-suspected-terrorists-from-buying-guns/

Wait. You actually told the truth??  Holy smokes . . . .  :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
Wait. You actually told the truth??  Holy smokes . . . .  :o

now, how about stopping with the personal attacks, and addressing the TOPIC of this thread?

DO you guys agree that people on the terror list should NOT BE ABLE TO BUY GUNS?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 04:30:19 AM »
Props to Christie.  He's on morning joe sounding very presidential.  Obama deferring to france on how to handle ISIS and the NATO conflict?  "I never thought I'd live long enough to hear a US President say, let's defer to france on this matter..."

Also Christie signed a bill that prevented those on the terror watchlist from buying guns.  Why in the world are the other repubs against this bill?  INSANE!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:04 AM »
Props to Christie.  He's on morning joe sounding very presidential.  Obama deferring to france on how to handle ISIS and the NATO conflict?  "I never thought I'd live long enough to hear a US President say, let's defer to france on this matter..."

Also Christie signed a bill that prevented those on the terror watchlist from buying guns.  Why in the world are the other repubs against this bill?  INSANE!

And what constitutes getting on the terrorist watch list? You have no clue who is on the list and why they were put on it. What if you come to find out that since you post on getbig you are on the terrorist watch list? You gonna go hand over your guns because .gov says so?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 07:38:42 AM »

Again.....who makes the list...anytime there are lists controlled by leftists, things go bad. The Soviets had lists, the nazi's had lists.....they've put vets on that list.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:50:56 AM »
A list like this needs oversight so it doesn't matter who is in office or has majorities in congress.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »
The orlando shooter was on this watchlist and was still able to legally buy his guns a few days ago, handgun and an AR15.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »
Are the same people with an interest in removing guns from America, the ones making the watchlist, though?

Gotta watch that shit, because it means you must trust them to play fair otherwise.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 04:08:05 PM »
Thank god.

Or I may not be able to buy the guns I like.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 09:02:53 PM »
Are the same people with an interest in removing guns from America, the ones making the watchlist, though?

Gotta watch that shit, because it means you must trust them to play fair otherwise.
I don't think president trump would let his FBI put the wrong people on the watch list, right?

"we are going to have a great watch list, all the right people will be on it, it's going to be more accurate than ever. everyone who has seen my list agrees it's way better than the old list".

Trump can't manage delegates.  He cannot manage his campaign team.  He's half a bil behind Hilary and sinking further because he isn't even accepting donations correctly - he just scaled back fundraising efforts even.   This dipshit is entirely too incompetent to be prez, or he's faking it so his wedding buddy Shillary can win. 

Seeing trump gloat about this sickened me.  He doesn't offer any solutions.   He also took credit for that plane that crashed, he blamed terrorism for that too.  Where are the official findings on that one?   

what a mess.   Shit.   I hope that libertarian goes up in polls.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:26 AM »
Sometimes shit happens regarldess of law, FBI, etc - nothing was going to stop this repressed muslim twink.  He probably was angry he was gay himself and taking it out on them and got caught up in the whole ISIS thing.  Who the F knows.