Author Topic: The Daily Vegan Gains Thread- Q&A With His Actual Girlfriend  (Read 10875 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The Daily Vegan Gains Thread- Q&A With His Actual Girlfriend
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
Was this posted? Did a search didn't see it...

I don't follow him and have yet to sit through an entire vid of his, but youtube recommended this to me.  ::)
I have stopped hating on him 'cuz  the kid definitely knew what he was doing when it came to creating a recognizable presence and getting his message out there.

Not gonna comment on her looks- she obviously fits into the whole "all natural" vibe he has going, and he prob has a decent amount of groupies he could have chosen from, but this vid was interesting to me on a few points.

She says he's a very nice guy in person (which I don't doubt, but I do think he has some socialization issues, which I think he has admitted to).

She says they met through facebook. Based on what she said, it's not entirely clear if they've been in the same room yet. She lives in Belgium and he lives in Canada. It sounds like she hasn't been to Canada yet and he will be visiting her for the first time soon. (I could be wrong about that.) She plans on moving to Canada soon.

She has been vegan for a few months.  So, while she looks like she was born crunchy, that was a recent development.

This vid has more than double the views of any other vids on her channel, which just goes to show how much of a youtube force he has become. (It appears that her channel was started shortly after they began dating.)

I would love to know how much he makes from youtube.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: The Daily Vegan Gains Thread- Q&A With His Actual Girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »
Was this posted? Did a search didn't see it...

I don't follow him and have yet to sit through an entire vid of his, but youtube recommended this to me.  ::)
I have stopped hating on him 'cuz  the kid definitely knew what he was doing when it came to creating a recognizable presence and getting his message out there.

Not gonna comment on her looks- she obviously fits into the whole "all natural" vibe he has going, and he prob has a decent amount of groupies he could have chosen from, but this vid was interesting to me on a few points.

She says he's a very nice guy in person (which I don't doubt, but I do think he has some socialization issues, which I think he has admitted to).

She says they met through facebook. Based on what she said, it's not entirely clear if they've been in the same room yet. She lives in Belgium and he lives in Canada. It sounds like she hasn't been to Canada yet and he will be visiting her for the first time soon. (I could be wrong about that.) She plans on moving to Canada soon.

She has been vegan for a few months.  So, while she looks like she was born crunchy, that was a recent development.

This vid has more than double the views of any other vids on her channel, which just goes to show how much of a youtube force he has become. (It appears that her channel was started shortly after they began dating.)

I would love to know how much he makes from youtube.

He makes between 10-14k a month with his Vegan Gains Channel and his Vegan Games site makes about 200 bucks a month which isn't bad for just playing video games.
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »

He makes between 10-14k a month with his Vegan Gains Channel and his Vegan Games site makes about 200 bucks a month which isn't bad for just playing video games.

Bitcoin Bedlam with the inside scoop as usual.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 05:21:16 PM »

You should start a YouTube channel Vinc

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

It's unlikely it's this high.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 05:27:29 PM »
You should start a YouTube channel Vinc

Been working on it.  I redid my office and added an executive desk along with buying a ton of media equipment this month.  Bank account is a little low now.....lol.  Hopefully, I can get it up by the end of the year.  Youtube is the way to go.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »
It's unlikely it's this high.

I'm not joking.....however, this is gross revenue.  With production cost and taxes, its really chomps away from the amount quickly.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »

Been working on it.  I redid my office and added an executive desk along with buying a ton of media equipment this month.  Bank account is a little low now.....lol.  Hopefully, I can get it up by the end of the year.  Youtube is the way to go.
Its not gonna last too much longer.  At least the way it is now.  I still can't believe there are people out there watching Youtube without Adblock.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 05:46:39 PM »

I'm not joking.....however, this is gross revenue.  With production cost and taxes, its really chomps away from the amount quickly.

It's literally impossible for it to be that high. Youtube CPMs are only between $2-3 for content creators right now and he has about 23,000,000. Even if he got paid for every single view that would be about  $70,000 in total. But he doesn't get paid for every single view. Google distributes the ads between 20-60% per channel, based on what their algorithm considers the quality value of the channel. I'm curious where he falls in the 20-60% range.

eta I think he probably is pulling in a nice amount, but I think that he still lives with his parents. I think the fact that his channel is so controversial probably limits how many ads show on it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
Youtube "earners" are all liars just like bloggers. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »

I'm not joking.....however, this is gross revenue.  With production cost and taxes, its really chomps away from the amount quickly.

How much do those Hodge mongrels make then? Their ugly mugs are everywhere.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »
She looks like the sort of girl that has hairy nipples.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
Its not gonna last too much longer.  At least the way it is now.  I still can't believe there are people out there watching Youtube without Adblock.

Only way they could overcome that is by embedding ads directly to videos and use some smart encoding to fool possible pattern recognition software.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
How much do those Hodge mongrels make then? Their ugly mugs are everywhere.

Around 500k a year.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »
It's literally impossible for it to be that high. Youtube CPMs are only between $2-3 for content creators right now and he has about 23,000,000. Even if he got paid for every single view that would be about  $70,000 in total. But he doesn't get paid for every single view. Google distributes the ads between 20-60% per channel, based on what their algorithm considers the quality value of the channel. I'm curious where he falls in the 20-60% range.

eta I think he probably is pulling in a nice amount, but I think that he still lives with his parents. I think the fact that his channel is so controversial probably limits how many ads show on it.

You have to understand that he's also being paid by PETA and some other organizations as well.  How do you think a snot nosed punk like him was able to afford all of that expensive production equipment
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »

10-14k a month? From YouTube?   Sorry but that's not true at all.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »
10-14k a month? From YouTube?   Sorry but that's not true at all.

Why do you say that?  Doesn't seem unrealistic.  The top grossing youtube "stars" make millions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2015/10/14/the-worlds-highest-paid-youtube-stars-2015/

Ask just about any stranger on the street who Felix Kjellberg is and you’ll likely get a blank stare. Identify him as PewDiePie, his name on YouTube—where he’s got almost 40 million subscribers—and you’ll get a few more positive responses.

The 25-year-old Swede is the top-earning YouTube star on the planet, pulling in $12 million pretax over the past year, all for providing expletive-heavy commentary as he plays videogames. Thanks to the millions of fans who make up his “bro army,” advertisers are willing to pay a pretty penny to have their products featured in his videos.

In our first-ever ranking of the top-paid YouTube stars, we have uncovered the 10 channels that have managed to earn the most from their Internet aspirations. The minimum to make the list? $2.5 million in pretax earnings in the year ending June 1, 2015.
Y

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »

You have to understand that he's also being paid by PETA and some other organizations as well.  How do you think a snot nosed punk like him was able to afford all of that expensive production equipment

If other organizations are paying him, those aren't his youtube earnings, which is what we were discussing. He's not making $10,000 a month and the Hodge twins don't make half a mil through youtube partnership.

How are you coming to these numbers?  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »

Why do you say that?  Doesn't seem unrealistic.  The top grossing youtube "stars" make millions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2015/10/14/the-worlds-highest-paid-youtube-stars-2015/

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-youtube-stars-actually-make-2014-2

But before you buy a videocamera and tell your boss to shove it, consider what it costs to become a YouTube star. Turns out you can be one of the most famous people on the web and still barely get by.

The New York Times recently profiled Olga Kay, another YouTube star who does self-deprecating monologues on female American life (are you sensing a theme here?). It's a great story if you want some hard numbers on the costs and revenues of being internet famous:

Kay has earned $100,000 to $300,000 in each of the last three years. She has 1 million subscribers. That number is merely the gross revenue, however.
    She makes 20 videos a week, all of which are filled with ads via Google's automated YouTube partners program.
    Kay likely gets about $7.60 per 1,000 ad views, down from $9.35 in 2012, according to TubeMogul, which buys and sells video ads.
    Ads are only run on a minority of videos shown. Roughly, a video creator will earn $2,000 for every million views. "And then YouTube takes 45 percent," the Times notes. (The IRS will take its cut of the remainder, too.)
    Kay spends $500-$700 a week on editing costs.

In other words, Kay is probably getting by on less than 50% of what her videos make in gross revenue. In a $100,000 year, she might be looking at $21,000 annually, after YouTube's cut, taxes and editing costs, according to our back-of the-envelope math ($100,000 minus $45,000 for YouTube, minus editing costs at $500 per week for 50 weeks, minus 30% for the IRS).

We presume Kay's real numbers are a little more optimistic than that — otherwise why bother?

Jason Calacanis, a well-known Silicon Valley entrepreneur who was part of YouTube's professional partners program, said that to make 10 videos he would spend $25,000 to $75,000 in costs before a dime was earned in advertising:

We were huge fans of YouTube ... but we are not creating content anymore because it’s simply not sustainable. YouTube is an awesome place to build a brand, but it is a horrible place to build a business.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 06:43:10 PM »

If other organizations are paying him, those aren't his youtube earnings, which is what we were discussing. He's not making $10,000 a month and the Hodge twins don't make half a mil through youtube partnership.

How are you coming to these numbers?  

doggity al laying a savage owning on goodrum neutraciticals itt

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-youtube-stars-actually-make-2014-2

But before you buy a videocamera and tell your boss to shove it, consider what it costs to become a YouTube star. Turns out you can be one of the most famous people on the web and still barely get by.

The New York Times recently profiled Olga Kay, another YouTube star who does self-deprecating monologues on female American life (are you sensing a theme here?). It's a great story if you want some hard numbers on the costs and revenues of being internet famous:

Kay has earned $100,000 to $300,000 in each of the last three years. She has 1 million subscribers. That number is merely the gross revenue, however.
    She makes 20 videos a week, all of which are filled with ads via Google's automated YouTube partners program.
    Kay likely gets about $7.60 per 1,000 ad views, down from $9.35 in 2012, according to TubeMogul, which buys and sells video ads.
    Ads are only run on a minority of videos shown. Roughly, a video creator will earn $2,000 for every million views. "And then YouTube takes 45 percent," the Times notes. (The IRS will take its cut of the remainder, too.)
    Kay spends $500-$700 a week on editing costs.

In other words, Kay is probably getting by on less than 50% of what her videos make in gross revenue. In a $100,000 year, she might be looking at $21,000 annually, after YouTube's cut, taxes and editing costs, according to our back-of the-envelope math ($100,000 minus $45,000 for YouTube, minus editing costs at $500 per week for 50 weeks, minus 30% for the IRS).

We presume Kay's real numbers are a little more optimistic than that — otherwise why bother?

Jason Calacanis, a well-known Silicon Valley entrepreneur who was part of YouTube's professional partners program, said that to make 10 videos he would spend $25,000 to $75,000 in costs before a dime was earned in advertising:

We were huge fans of YouTube ... but we are not creating content anymore because it’s simply not sustainable. YouTube is an awesome place to build a brand, but it is a horrible place to build a business.

Interesting info and good insight into this realm, but the comment about VG was his gross revenue.  I still think it's plausible (I'll admit not being familiar with the metrics behind earnings), but the top earners are making real money.  And the TOP earner is doing it just filming himself playing games, so I doubt his production costs are significant.
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
doggity al laying a savage owning on goodrum neutraciticals itt
Youtubers are all liars.  They have to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding earnings.

Its all a dog and pony show.  If you know what to look for, you can clearly see they are not making the money that they claim or people think.  They do get free things and usage of items and goods (that they have to return).  Then you have the ones that rent cars etc...  Its pretty hilarious actually.  Its all a scam really.  People fall for it though.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »

Why do you say that?  Doesn't seem unrealistic.  The top grossing youtube "stars" make millions.

I didn't see the numbers for how many million views the top grossing stars get, unless I'm completely off base Vegan Gains videos do the same type of numbers of Blaha, a few hundred thousand, I've had a video that did this and I haven't seen that kind of money (maybe I should double check my account though).

I'd be impressed if he pulls in a $1000 a month, but maybe YouTube has a new ad revenue paying system compared to when I posted and I'm completely wrong....