Author Topic: Golds gyms closings  (Read 5197 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Golds gyms closings
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
Marina PAcific Hotel Restaurant 1994

Lee was just swollen massive there, unreal.

What I like and respect about Lee is that on every single training video he has ever done, he has hands down the cleanest form at like perfect tempo out of all the pro's, and even still kept it with pretty heavy weights

You were a pretty big all around dude as well, I had those types of gym clothing back then as well, didnty look closely but there was probably a hint of hockey hair cut at some point as well
"

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
I hope Gold's Venice stays open. I know it has seen better days. The equipment was better in 2003 when I joined. Nearly every time they replace the old stuff the replacement is inferior. However, I don't think there is any better option for serious weight lifters on the west side of LA.

I have noticed that some of the trainers are no longer there- such as Will Harris. I don't know where they moved to, but I think it is a bad omen. Hope I'm wrong.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:48 AM »
I hope Gold's Venice stays open. I know it has seen better days. The equipment was better in 2003 when I joined. Nearly every time they replace the old stuff the replacement is inferior. However, I don't think there is any better option for serious weight lifters on the west side of LA.

I have noticed that some of the trainers are no longer there- such as Will Harris. I don't know where they moved to, but I think it is a bad omen. Hope I'm wrong.
rumor is he moved back to Transylvania. Sun was a bit much for him.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 06:37:26 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:28 PM »

At the time, only this old fart and I use to use the air pressurized Keiser equipment kept in back by the stairs and gate.  Love that equipment. Easy on the joints and you can simulate forced reps and negatives by manipulating the air pressure. I've never seen that type of equipment since.