Author Topic: Single Mom Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Shocking $1,400 Tip from Church  (Read 2537 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
November 24, 2015

One single mother in Tennessee sure has plenty to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Audrey Martin, a mom to three children under the age of five, is a delivery driver for Domino's pizza. She received a $1,400 tip Sunday from a local church -- money that she desperately needs.

“They ordered 10 pizzas and when I got on stage [the pastor] had asked everybody to give me a good tip,” Martin, 23, of Rocky Top, Tenn., told ABC News. “Everybody at the church got up and started handing the preacher money and it was just crazy. So many people got up. They started hugging me, it was just awesome. I couldn’t help but cry. It was just amazing.”

In the spirit of giving, Pastor Tony McAfee had previously called the Domino’s location where Martin works, asking the store’s manager if anyone employed there was in particular need of a blessing.

“I didn’t know how huge this would be," said McAfee. "I did not know all of her story. I just thought it would be nice to surprise somebody with a huge tip.”

When Martin showed up with the large delivery, she was stunned when the pastor called her onto the stage.

“I was like, ‘Oh my gosh,” Martin recalled. “I was so nervous because there were so many people out there. I was like, ‘I hope I don’t pass out.”

The pastor’s unexpected good deed was part of his teaching series on generosity.

“Of course nobody knew ahead of time of just how much she needed this,” McAfee explained, unaware that Martin was a single mother who had recently lost her apartment. “It was all done quietly and discreetly and it was all spontaneous. When I mentioned we wanted to give this lady a generous tip, people began to run...to the front and began to throw money on the platform. And they’ve never seen this lady before in their life.”

As for Martin, the shocking moment truly was a miracle that couldn’t have come at a better time.

“It’s going to help a lot,” she said. “Not only with the kids’ Christmas, but I recently lost my apartment. I’m able to get a place for the kids and me, to finally be able to move out of my mom’s house.”

“It just makes me feel so blessed,” she added. “I always give to people. I never ask for anything in return. It’s just a shock that I have received this, especially in my need when everything is hard right now.”

That’s exactly what McAfee and his congregation were hoping to accomplish.

“Here’s our motto: What flows from you determines what flows to you,” he said. “A little generosity, no matter what has been going on in your life, no matter how bad things seem to be in the world, generosity dispels darkness.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/single-mom-pizza-delivery-driver-gets-shocking-1-185516523.html#

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Single Mom Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Shocking $1,400 Tip from Church
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
Single moms are the lowest form of human life.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:08:29 PM »

This. Why is a church of all places rewarding this behavior. Promiscuous fornication and having children out of wedlock?  Could a more noble person not be found?

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:12:08 PM »
hope she takes the money and invests in birth control

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
Yes, there's no way she could be divorced.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
She needs to get married.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
And it was the Christians, of all people, helping and caring for this single mom without judgement and without condemnation.  Imagine that.   ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »

“Here’s our motto: What flows from you determines what flows to you,”

Then your motto is shit.  I do nice things all the time but not to benefit myself.  That is what makes it nice, don't you see?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
And it was the Christians, of all people, helping and caring for this single mom without judgement and without condemnation.  Imagine that.   ;D

Would be a cool social experiment if it was an openly gay pizza delivery guy...

Something tells me it would be a different outcome.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 04:18:49 PM »
Then your motto is shit.  I do nice things all the time but not to benefit myself.  That is what makes it nice, don't you see?

It makes you feel good so it benefits you.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »
Yes, there's no way she could be divorced.

She throws off a "Mudshark" vibe.... just saying...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »
It makes you feel good so it benefits you.

And I get to brag about it on Getbig.

I always pull over for a dog.  About half come over and go in the back of the van while I locate the owner, which makes my dog in the front of the van extremely upset.  The other half decide to take their chances so I have to hope they know where they're going.  Lot of lost hours of income but no bites yet.  

So far I'm batting about 60% as a roadside mechanic.  Best was a guy with air in the fuel line taking his snake-bitten Jack Russell to the vet.  Brand new tricked-out 100k+ Land Cruiser.  Pulled up in my ratty old truck and sorted it.  Yes, it felt damn good.  Don't know if the dog lived but it would almost certainly be dead if I didn't come by.

On the other hand, I never give anyone money and am unapologetic about it when hit up by a panhandler.  Once followed a guy who asked me for two bucks down the road asking him for a dollar.  He'd been getting two bucks off people all day.  What, he can't spare 1 dollar?!  He didn't see the humor in it.

Also do building maintenance for both my elderly neighbors for free.  I don't look at stuff in terms of how much it will benefit me but in terms of how much it will cost me.  If someone wants shit done on their schedule, and it takes all day then I don't care if they're elderly or not, it's gonna cost you.  But if I can roll up on a Sat morn 4 weeks later for a few hours then I don't mind.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »
So Non-Christians, like Bill Gates, can't help anybody?

Are you also saying they only did this because they were Christians?  If so, than that is pretty shitty.  Besides, you don't need religion to help someone out at all.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
If single moms aren't more common, now, than married moms, we can't be too far from it.

What the hell happened to marriage!?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
I'm the most amazing guy I know.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
Matthew 6:4 .

They failed.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 06:06:19 PM »
Great, now the IRS knows about it.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »
And I get to brag about it on Getbig.

I always pull over for a dog.  About half come over and go in the back of the van while I locate the owner, which makes my dog in the front of the van extremely upset.  The other half decide to take their chances so I have to hope they know where they're going.  Lot of lost hours of income but no bites yet.  

So far I'm batting about 60% as a roadside mechanic.  Best was a guy with air in the fuel line taking his snake-bitten Jack Russell to the vet.  Brand new tricked-out 100k+ Land Cruiser.  Pulled up in my ratty old truck and sorted it.  Yes, it felt damn good.  Don't know if the dog lived but it would almost certainly be dead if I didn't come by.

On the other hand, I never give anyone money and am unapologetic about it when hit up by a panhandler.  Once followed a guy who asked me for two bucks down the road asking him for a dollar.  He'd been getting two bucks off people all day.  What, he can't spare 1 dollar?!  He didn't see the humor in it.

Also do building maintenance for both my elderly neighbors for free.  I don't look at stuff in terms of how much it will benefit me but in terms of how much it will cost me.  If someone wants shit done on their schedule, and it takes all day then I don't care if they're elderly or not, it's gonna cost you.  But if I can roll up on a Sat morn 4 weeks later for a few hours then I don't mind.

I don't know how much free advice and help I give (a lot which I could charge a fair bit for) but I would feel guilty charging for something I like/where i want to help.

As for OP, I was a pizza delivery driver - best I ever got was a couple of numbers from single moms to fuck. Think €5 was best tip unless someone was drunk and accidentally overpaid.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
It was late night, the priests mistook her for a young boy

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 05:33:41 AM »
I didn't realize she was caught in a fire at the special school for wonky-eyed Mexican simpletons training to deliver pizzas.

Sorry.  Sorry.  Guess I'm still a little raw from my own time as The Pizza Dude many moons ago.  Hut.  Stupidest job ever.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »
So Non-Christians, like Bill Gates, can't help anybody?

Are you also saying they only did this because they were Christians?  If so, than that is pretty shitty.  Besides, you don't need religion to help someone out at all.

Calm down, TA.  I'm not saying any of that.  You completely missed my point.  I was contrasting the attitude of these Christians toward this single mom to the attitude of most GetBigger on this thread.  

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 06:04:35 AM »

It's probably a relatively small, obscure, sect practicing non-judgement and treating people like human beings. The behavior is unlikely to catch on and become a trend, LOL!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »
It's probably a relatively small, obscure, sect practicing non-judgement and treating people like human beings. The behavior is unlikely to catch on and become a trend, LOL!

It's the other way around.  It's the media that portrays the relatively small, obscure, sect judging and condemning as the majority.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 06:20:15 AM »
It's the other way around.  It's the media that portrays the relatively small, obscure, sect judging and condemning as the majority.

It was a joke.

GetBig seems to attract extreme personalities. I don't want to believe the typical GetBigger claiming to be a Christian represents the norm. That being said, it's possible they've managed to find a church preaching gospel in a way they want to hear.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 06:21:53 AM »
It was a joke.

GetBig seems to attract extreme personalities. I don't want to believe the typical GetBigger claiming to be a Christian represents the norm. That being said, it's possible they've managed to find a church preaching gospel in a way they want to hear.

Got it.   ;D