Author Topic: Obama's America  (Read 4631 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Obama's America
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »
For someone who has no college education, you pretend to know a lot about what goes on in school.  Just because YOU failed with your education doesn't mean the schools are failing those who can actually apply themselves and get one. 

I don't? ok..lol.

Back to your pointless point. I've probably visited more schools in one year than you have in your lifetime also one of my jobs is to help get my athletes recruited. When one of my former athletes is about to graduate with a degree in Economics from UCLA and falls for the same bullshit of touting "Free tuition, his college debt should be excused and $15hr min wage" that's when you know for the last four years they're being brainwashed. When we talk about it, the only thing he can come up with "data" without never even starting in the REAL world that's when you know education is failing.

Of course it's not like this in all fields. You will find this nonsense in Econ, poli-sci, sociology, etc where it seems like the professors are only trying brainwash.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 08:23:21 AM »
For someone who has no college education, you pretend to know a lot about what goes on in school.  Just because YOU failed with your education doesn't mean the schools are failing those who can actually apply themselves and get one. 

Also let me ask you something Mr. Elitist asshole. Do you look down on the trades and trade schools like construction, roofing, electricians, etc? I have a good friend that didn't finsh high school that started his own roofing company that has average sales of $1mil per month. Do you think this wasn't possible without an incredible amount of commonsense seeing he didn't have a formal education?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
If we took away tax money to pay for college loans and incentivized schools and students to teach what the market wants we'd see a radical change for the better in this country's future.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »
I don't? ok..lol.

Back to your pointless point. I've probably visited more schools in one year than you have in your lifetime also one of my jobs is to help get my athletes recruited. When one of my former athletes is about to graduate with a degree in Economics from UCLA and falls for the same bullshit of touting "Free tuition, his college debt should be excused and $15hr min wage" that's when you know for the last four years they're being brainwashed. When we talk about it, the only thing he can come up with "data" without never even starting in the REAL world that's when you know education is failing.

Of course it's not like this in all fields. You will find this nonsense in Econ, poli-sci, sociology, etc where it seems like the professors are only trying brainwash.

No.  You don't.  You couldn't finish college. 

Visiting schools do not results in education as your posts on here have shown.   Education and opportunities are two different things.  Something everyone, except you apparently, already knows.  If someone is naive enough to spend four years of their lives studying art, music, tele communications or the likes, then they shouldn't be surprised to find that jobs are limited and the ones actually in those fields are lower tier paying jobs most of the time. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »
Also let me ask you something Mr. Elitist asshole. Do you look down on the trades and trade schools like construction, roofing, electricians, etc? I have a good friend that didn't finsh high school that started his own roofing company that has average sales of $1mil per month. Do you think this wasn't possible without an incredible amount of commonsense seeing he didn't have a formal education?

Education and opportunities are two different things.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

Any job, done honestly and with pride, is a respectable job. And nobody said success isn't possible without education, or that education guarantees success.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
No.  You don't.  You couldn't finish college. 

Visiting schools do not results in education as your posts on here have shown.   Education and opportunities are two different things.  Something everyone, except you apparently, already knows.  If someone is naive enough to spend four years of their lives studying art, music, tele communications or the likes, then they shouldn't be surprised to find that jobs are limited and the ones actually in those fields are lower tier paying jobs most of the time. 

But wait, you said I didn't go to college. Now you're saying I didn't finish. You're right, I didn't finish. I came up six months short due to family situations. Just because I didn't receive that piece of paper some 34 years ago means what?

With what I do visiting schools, spending time with coaches, learning their system and philosophy absolutely results in education.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
But wait, you said I didn't go to college. Now you're saying I didn't finish. You're right, I didn't finish. I came up six months short due to family situations. Just because I didn't receive that piece of paper some 34 years ago means what?

You weren't addressing me, but I'll step in for a second. In my opinion it doesn't mean very much: you are clearly good at what you do.

With what I do visiting schools, spending time with coaches, learning their system and philosophy absolutely results in education.

There are many different kinds of education and I don't doubt that you learn a lot from those visits, but it's disingenuous to suggest that visiting the campuses of many college and spending time with coaches, learning their systems and their philosophy is equivalent to the sort of education that one receives at a University as a student. You're comparing apples and oranges.

The fact is that there's a difference in how and what you learn when studying in an ad-hoc, unstructured fashion vs how and what you learn when you receive instruction in a structured environment, where as a student you have those of superior knowledge impart that knowledge to you. You know this.

Do note, I'm not saying that what you learn from those visits is wrong, or not good, or whatever else. It's just a different kind of learning.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
You weren't addressing me, but I'll step in for a second. In my opinion it doesn't mean very much: you are clearly good at what you do.

There are many different kinds of education and I don't doubt that you learn a lot from those visits, but it's disingenuous to suggest that visiting the campuses of many college and spending time with coaches, learning their systems and their philosophy is equivalent to the sort of education that one receives at a University as a student. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Absolutely not. At least not now a days. Back when I went to school there were no kinesiology programs, exercise science or really anything related to strength and conditioning programming. As a matter of fact some universities have recently (within about the last 4-5 years) started teaching a strength and conditioning curriculum specifically for program design for those wishing to enter than field. But in my case or many like myself educate ourselves by spending a lot on CEU's through seminars, learning hands on from other reputable coachs, etc. But remember, there are also quite a few college, and pro coaches who also don't have formal educations in S&C but with the younger aspiring coaches, having those degrees along with a CSCS is a is a must. At least for my field times have definitely changed. Hell, all we had back then was Anatomy and Physiology and this was back before even personal training was considers a career choice.

The fact is that there's a difference in how and what you learn when studying in an ad-hoc, unstructured fashion vs how and what you learn when you receive instruction in a structured environment, where as a student you have those of superior knowledge impart that knowledge to you. You know this.

Do note, I'm not saying that what you learn from those visits is wrong, or not good, or whatever else. It's just a different kind of learning.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »

No I said you have no college education.  I didn't say you didn't go.  Though you could have attended for 34 years and still lack a basic education.  Which is evident by your postings on here.

Janitors visit colleges all the time and even work there.  Does not equate into an education by any means.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »
what a fucking sad society--counselling over a sticker

can you imagine what our parents would have done to us had we whined about a sticker?
holy fuck

Any counsellor that entertains such bollox is a charlatan. Call the kid a whiny cu nt, tell them to grow up and you'd earn the money.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
No I said you have no college education.  I didn't say you didn't go.  Though you could have attended for 34 years and still lack a basic education.  Which is evident by your postings on here.

Janitors visit colleges all the time and even work there.  Does not equate into an education by any means.

Is this best you can do? Seriously? lol. Maybe you missed the part where I said I came up six months short. But then again like your posts you refuse to address it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »
Is this best you can do? Seriously? lol. Maybe you missed the part where I said I came up six months short. But then again like your posts you refuse to address it.

Is this the best you can do?  Seriously?  "LOL"   

You are not a college student.  You are not a professor.  You have not even completed college.  You simply go to a college campus and think you are able to articulate an opinion that isn't a propaganda piece for sheeple like yourself.  But yet pretend to act like you know enough about anything related to education or intelligence of a significant degree.  You know who else goes to college campuses to "work"?  Janitors.  Though I would suspect that their education level is certainly higher than yours.

::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »

6 inches short of peace

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
Is this the best you can do?  Seriously?  "LOL"   

You are not a college student.  You are not a professor.  You have not even completed college.  You simply go to a college campus and think you are able to articulate an opinion that isn't a propaganda piece for sheeple like yourself.  But yet pretend to act like you know enough about anything related to education or intelligence of a significant degree.  You know who else goes to college campuses to "work"?  Janitors.  Though I would suspect that their education level is certainly higher than yours.

::)

You realize you're not helping yourself with your ignorance. Go away. But before you go, explain to us what a "significant" degree is and do you dismiss those with anything less than what you deem "significant" as stupid? What degree do you have?

Think carefully because it took you two days to come up with an answer for this last post.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
You realize you're not helping yourself with your ignorance. Go away. But before you go, explain to us what a "significant" degree is and do you dismiss those with anything less than what you deem "significant" as stupid? What degree do you have?

Think carefully because it took you two days to come up with an answer for this last post.

It took two days because I was enjoying the holiday break with my family.   ::)

You obviously can't read very well.  But of course that is not surprising coming from someone stupid enough to call Hillary a "women" and claim that there is absolute scientific proof that prayer works.

I don't have to dismiss you as stupid simply because you are on here every single day reasserting your track record with that title with the dumbest things ever posted.  Perhaps if you finish up those last six months you are missing you will actually learn how to make internet threads in their appropriate forum.