Author Topic: Obama's America  (Read 4616 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Obama's America
« on: November 25, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Obama's America
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »
Coach's house

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:31:04 PM »
for the 90th time...

if you don't like it, attend another school.  These liberal schools will go broke.  PERIOD>

I love it when "keep the govt out of our lives" conservatives are outraged that these for-profit schools are teaching a liberal agenda to an age group which is primarily liberal, willing to pay $40 a year to attend.  Maybe the govt should "intervene", huh?   

just let the market decide.  If they're worthless shitbag lib schools, and people are attending, it's because that is what 20 year olds want. 

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
what a fucking sad society--counselling over a sticker

can you imagine what our parents would have done to us had we whined about a sticker?
holy fuck

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
Aren't you always kneepadding USC?

You do know how liberal they are, right?  ;)

http://dailytrojan.com/2010/11/03/political-study-says-the-university-has-a-liberal-bias/

I guess you're willing to OVERLOOK their liberal bias and give them all of your love.  What conservative universities have received your love here?  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 12:32:39 AM »

http://dailytrojan.com/2010/11/03/political-study-says-the-university-has-a-liberal-bias/

I guess you're willing to OVERLOOK their liberal bias and give them all of your love.  What conservative universities have received your love here?  

I support the team. There's liberal bias in every school. What the fuck is your point? Yes. Our schools are failing us. Try again, you're losing BIG TIME in your arguments. But what's funny is every blast I have against liberalism you seem to try to defend it. Pretty ironic considering you said you were a repub. So which lie is it?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »
I support the team. There's liberal bias in every school. What the fuck is your point? Yes. Our schools are failing us. Try again, you're losing BIG TIME in your arguments. But what's funny is every blast I have against liberalism you seem to try to defend it. Pretty ironic considering you said you were a repub. So which lie is it?

;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »

Every one of your 'liberal' universities has a 'conservative' administration whose sole function is to wring every penny from students, donors and investors.  

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 04:21:54 AM »

I think his point is, your a blind loyalist who will agree and parrot any fucking piece of "news" or story that is aligned with neo-con thinking. 240 thinks on each issue and likely agrees with some liberal ideas, and also agrees with some conservatives ideas (like any real american should). Do you have to tow the party line on EVERY issue to be a republican or to be a liberal? The answer is NO. You lack critical thinking skills that is why you get clowned on almost every post. Your hyper political loyalist mind is diseased and 240 owns you everytime

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 04:25:41 AM »
Coach's house

Are you serious? Do you know where Coach lives?

He rolls on some pretty rich turf.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 04:33:57 AM »

There's Claremount McKenna and Hillsdale off the top of my head but I would have to do some serious googling to find other non-liberal colleges/universities.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 04:59:01 AM »
Are you serious? Do you know where Coach lives?

He rolls on some pretty rich turf.

Humor is apparently a pretty alien concept where you're from. ....

Coach is a good dude. I'm just trolling.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 05:05:58 AM »

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 05:59:14 AM »
There have been stupid people in the world way before Obama became president, Coach.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 06:05:41 AM »
There's liberal bias in every school.

Then why start THIS thread, bitching about this particular school?

If USC does this exact move, do you start a thread about it?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:32 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/25/university-students-comforted-counseling-seeing-confederate-flag-laptop/

Nothing like paying between $20-$70k to be brainwashed only fail your kids.

So I read the original article that breitbart links to, which makes no mention of counseling - and neither does the e-mail that breitbart references and quotes as the source of this claim. So, unless other information surfaces, I'm calling bullshit on the article title - likely a clickbait because there's nothing quite like those delicious clicks!

With that out of the way, the University's response doesn't surprise me; I've seen this sort of thing before at my University as well and it's got little to do with being liberal or conservative. Something much more mundane is behind it: it needs to investigate to (a) have a "we investigated this and spanked those responsible as soon as possible your Honor" defence when the litigation happy student takes the Board of Regents to court and (b) make the administration look busy since they have nothing actually productive to do.

Unfortunately, Universities are becoming places where free expression is discouraged and discourse is seen as wrong. Whether it's administrations creating "free speech zones" and treating the campus as a place where permission is needed before one speaks, or the students thinking they have a right to be protected from having their "feels" bruised by speech they don't like, or groups (external or internal to the University) that feel that the material being taught needs to be subject to their approval instead of the approval of a dean or the University Provost.

And, sadly, most academics aren't doing anything about this...

[...] There's liberal bias in every school. [...]

Enough... enough with this nonsense already. Academia is a microcosm of America; you'll find liberal instructors and conservative instructors. While it's true that some departments are more likely - much more likely even - to be staffed by people more likely to be on the left side of the spectrum, that's only some departments. There certainly no left-leaning bias in my department and I doubt there's a liberal bias in the chemistry department, or the physics department, or the electrical engineering department or even over at hotel administration.

Many students tend to be liberal, because young people are, generally, naïve and think that they know everything and are much smarter than the rest of us. It's easy for those young and naïve students - who have a shitty part time job that doesn't pay enough for them to buy fancy new designer underwear and cover their cell phone bill - to like the concept of redistribution since they are almost certainly going to benefit, as they have little, if anything, that can be taken from them to be given elsewhere. In the olden days, I'd quip that "well, they are useful as organ banks... why else do Professors need an army of graduate students?" but nowadays, in most campuses the students party hard enough that cirrhosis has set in by the end of the first semester.

Shit, I really didn't want to think about University over the long weekend...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »
I think his point is, your a blind loyalist who will agree and parrot any fucking piece of "news" or story that is aligned with neo-con thinking. 240 thinks on each issue and likely agrees with some liberal ideas, and also agrees with some conservatives ideas (like any real american should). Do you have to tow the party line on EVERY issue to be a republican or to be a liberal? The answer is NO. You lack critical thinking skills that is why you get clowned on almost every post. Your hyper political loyalist mind is diseased and 240 owns you everytime

Mmmm, he doesn't think. He stalks and argues non sense. If you think I'm a loyalist take a gander at his posts on the on the poly board. You haven't known him as long as I have so maybe you don't get the sarcasm.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »
Maybe the families and students attending these schools on partial scholarships are perfectly fine with the administration and education provided.

Why stick your nose in something that effects you in no way?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
Maybe the families and students attending these schools on partial scholarships are perfectly fine with the administration and education provided.

Why stick your nose in something that effects you in no way?
It does affect people when students are brainwashed by liberal institutions. In case you haven't noticed, societies are changed precisely because people stick their noses in stuff. The feminist movement started after "someone stuck their nose in something". Same thing with the gay agenda and legalizing gay marriage.

I think parents should withdraw their children from these institutions and let them go bankrupt. Fuck them in the ass!!!

Today's liberals are not liberal anymore. They are not interested in debating white males (or females). They are a mixture of anti-white non-whites, fake anti-white jews and self loathing and self hating brainwashed whites.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
for the 90th time...

if you don't like it, attend another school.  These liberal schools will go broke.  PERIOD>

I love it when "keep the govt out of our lives" conservatives are outraged that these for-profit schools are teaching a liberal agenda to an age group which is primarily liberal, willing to pay $40 a year to attend.  Maybe the govt should "intervene", huh?  

just let the market decide.  If they're worthless shitbag lib schools, and people are attending, it's because that is what 20 year olds want.  
New schools need to be started or the entire liberal workforce fired and imprisoned.

I want to see prison time for liberal educators. They have blood on their hands. The time for being soft with these pricks is over. They will only respect authority and force. They need to be supplicated - immediately!!! End of story!!!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

Are they really liberals though?

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. The former principle is stressed in classical liberalism while the latter is more evident in social liberalism."

When it comes to white people, these so called "liberals" are not interested in their status as victims. They cannot be victims in the minds of liberals. Hence they are not treated as equals and their liberty is suppressed.

As an example we can look at recent events at Dartmouth University. No true Liberal would have behaved as the protesters did or the cow that defended them. Those scumbags are not liberals.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 11:07:06 AM »
So I read the original article that breitbart links to, which makes no mention of counseling - and neither does the e-mail that breitbart references and quotes as the source of this claim. So, unless other information surfaces, I'm calling bullshit on the article title - likely a clickbait because there's nothing quite like those delicious clicks!

With that out of the way, the University's response doesn't surprise me; I've seen this sort of thing before at my University as well and it's got little to do with being liberal or conservative. Something much more mundane is behind it: it needs to investigate to (a) have a "we investigated this and spanked those responsible as soon as possible your Honor" defence when the litigation happy student takes the Board of Regents to court and (b) make the administration look busy since they have nothing actually productive to do.

Unfortunately, Universities are becoming places where free expression is discouraged and discourse is seen as wrong. Whether it's administrations creating "free speech zones" and treating the campus as a place where permission is needed before one speaks, or the students thinking they have a right to be protected from having their "feels" bruised by speech they don't like, or groups (external or internal to the University) that feel that the material being taught needs to be subject to their approval instead of the approval of a dean or the University Provost.

Enough... enough with this nonsense already. Academia is a microcosm of America; you'll find liberal instructors and conservative instructors. While it's true that some departments are more likely - much more likely even - to be staffed by people more likely to be on the left side of the spectrum, that's only some departments. There certainly no left-leaning bias in my department and I doubt there's a liberal bias in the chemistry department, or the physics department, or the electrical engineering department or even over at hotel administration.

Many students tend to be liberal, because young people are, generally, naïve and think that they know everything and are much smarter than the rest of us. It's easy for those young and naïve students - who have a shitty part time job that doesn't pay enough for them to buy fancy new designer underwear and cover their cell phone bill - to like the concept of redistribution since they are almost certainly going to benefit, as they have little, if anything, that can be taken from them to be given elsewhere. In the olden days, I'd quip that "well, they are useful as organ banks... why else do Professors need an army of graduate students?" but nowadays, in most campuses the students party hard enough that cirrhosis has set in by the end of the first semester.

I'll apologise on behalf of coach since you put so much effort into this post

guaranteed you will not get a thoughtful reasoned response

again, sorry you wasted your time
"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »

Much to my chagrin, I must admit that I have always admired your posts. And usually want to disagree, but they make too much sense. And this is another one those type of posts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 07:55:12 AM »

For someone who has no college education, you pretend to know a lot about what goes on in school.  Just because YOU failed with your education doesn't mean the schools are failing those who can actually apply themselves and get one.