Author Topic: Tyson Fury Beats Klishscko For The Championship  (Read 5937 times)

MANGOOS

• Getbig III
Re: Tyson Fury Beats Klishscko For The Championship
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 09:56:40 AM »
The era of the Russian is over.
He isnt russian just like you arent straight.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
Amazing win for Fury. One of the greatest wins in British boxing history!

Wlad is clearly on a steep decline. At almost 40, his movement, speed and sharpness has been on the wane for a while. It's a shame to see him lose to someone of Fury's ability although I've always thought the pikey has underrated skills.
The rematch is 50/50 imo. Wlad may have more success if he fights more aggressively but I'm not convinced he has enough left in the tank to do that. He just looked so lethargic and sloppy last night.

Anyway, congrats to Fury. The guy's a legend. 8)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
i've heard a rematch is happening no matter what, this true?

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
It was put in the pre-fight contract, guaranteed rematch clause.
Not sure if Wlad will take it, he would know himself if he has it left in him to substantially up his game for a rematch or if his decline is irreversible.
To lose in this fashion for a second time will really tear into his reputation and legacy within boxing (As padded as that legacy is!)
What surprised me in the fight was that he looked physically drained in the latter rounds while Fury was still quite fresh.
I doubt he took this camp lightly so only other explanation is that he just physically can't cope with the demands any more, hasn't been able to for a while but poor opponents masked it for him.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
thanks, i didn't see the fight but from what i heard he'd be best off leaving it as it is. He couldn't bring the goods for this fight so as you say why tarnish his legacy further

Not sure if Wlad will take it, he would know himself if he has it left in him to substantially up his game for a rematch or if his decline is irreversible.
To lose in this fashion for a second time will really tear into his reputation and legacy within boxing (As padded as that legacy is!)
What surprised me in the fight was that he looked physically drained in the latter rounds while Fury was still quite fresh.
I doubt he took this camp lightly so only other explanation is that he just physically can't cope with the demands any more, hasn't been able to for a while but poor opponents masked it for him.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »

I don't see a second loss to Fury tarnishing Wlad's record hugely in the long term. Once a boxer hits his late 30's, he's pretty much living on borrowed time. It's quite alarming how quickly some athletes can deteriorate once they reach a certain age and I think most boxing fans will understand this.
The best situation for Wlad would be to avenge the loss (prefably with a stoppage) and retire as the champ.
Credit to Fury for winning but with all due respect to him, it just looks odd seeing someone of his ability as the HW champion.

Wlad really though should have quit after he beat Povetkin. There wasn't anyone else left for him to beat at that point and it would have opened the division up. The wins he's had since then have been somewhat irrelevant (although his destruction of Pulev was good).

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 06:21:10 AM »
It was a really boring fight.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 02:42:14 PM »
klit is a one way fighter and he was exposed brutally by fury

klit has never learnt how to walk an opponent down because he gets KOd shaving. he tried that grabbing shit but it didnt work against

fury who is bigger and stronger. the irish man is vulnerable to a fighter who can get on the inside and keep throwing bombs at him till he drops

and i cant think of any fighter who actually can finish a fighter instead of looking at him when he lands one clean shot

either way heavyweight boxing is back baby finally a white heavyweight champ who has personality

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 12:21:20 PM »
He isnt russian just like you arent straight.

He is Ukranian.