Author Topic: Kobe Retiring  (Read 3382 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Kobe Retiring
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:07:53 PM »
Is this one of these?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Kobe Retiring
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »
Sports fella just said he's officially done after this season.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
It was a good option in the Chinese takeaway menu while it lasted. We will move on.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
Jan. 22, 2006.

Never forget.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »
Rape in Peace

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »
12" calves of retired peace.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
Is this one of these?

No. But it's about fucking time.

People in LA are partying on this news.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
Great career, one of the top 6-8 careers ever; but I wish he would have continued to focus on the team, and trying to improve his dynamic on this current team before making the call.  Typical Kobe, awkward.
Air Falcon

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »
Great career, one of the top 6-8 careers ever; but I wish he would have continued to focus on the team, and trying to improve his dynamic on this current team before making the call.  Typical Kobe, awkward.

notsure if in top 68 really
adrian dantley was better
so was iceman

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »
so was iceman

Nope.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
so was iceman

Lol.

That's funny.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »
danny ferry
christian laettner
maejic jorshon
tier1
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
Kelly Tripucka
Tom Gugliotta
Robert Pack

Tier 2

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
so was iceman

Great players, all-time great scorers...but actually not even in the same conversation.
Air Falcon

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 10:18:06 PM »
12" calves of retired peace.

That's not Ronald Dean Coleman...

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:56 AM »
More time for rape. :-*

Watch over your sisters and daughters. :(

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:06 AM »
lakers playing the sixers tuesday..... sixers going for their 19 straight loss and 29 overall..... a real historic year for the sixers.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:37 AM »
It's good he retired

His jumpshot retired 4 years ago

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 07:37:17 AM »
What a Beautiful Article!

http://deadspin.com/fuck-off-kobe-1745231527

Fuck Off, Kobe

The funniest thing about Kobe Bryant’s retirement “announcement” yesterday is that Kobe Bryant was clearly the last person to know that this would be Kobe Bryant’s final season. Honestly, I thought he had announced it already, given that he’s a broken-down old mummy who can no longer play basketball.

But because it’s 2015, and because nothing in 2015 can happen without being branded to within an inch of its life, yesterday was the day Bryant chose to randomly mark the beginning of the formal commemoration of the final stages of the lead-up to the end of his pre-comeback career (or “regulation time”). I assume there’s already a two-part fall finale planned in which Kobe misses a game-tying layup while also breaking his wrist.

Bryant’s comeback came in the form of a poem (so tasteful) posted over at Jeterland. Derek Jeter, as you recall, is the poster child for turning an otherwise unremarkable final season into a twisted personal brand rela2nch that no one asked for. Given the deterioration of his abilities and the urgent need for his team to develop its younger talent, Kobe Bryant should retire NOW. Today. He should fuck off in his Ducati and go write thoughtful journal entries or something.

But if he did that, marketers wouldn’t have their required calendar year of lead time to ideate and hold focus groups and produce the perfect, somber, sepia-toned Sprite ad to honor one of the least endearing athletes in modern sports history. Look at this fucking piece of direct mail they handed out in LA yesterday:

As someone who used to work in advertising, I can promise you that header font was chosen over the course of eighteen grueling conference calls dating back to 2012. And what of that strange symbol at the bottom? Is it a sign of the OCCULT?! No, of course not. No, that’s a fucking logo. Eighteen more conference calls. I’ll let pseudo-mammal Darren Rovell explain:

WARMS THE COCKLES, does it not? So many memories of campaigns past. I remember the first time I took my children to see Kobe on a Nutella label. But wait! There’s a story behind that logo. And by story, I mean “brand identity clearly written by a 35-year-old copywriter.” Here’s Kobe regurgitating all the proper talking points to the AP:

“Hero and villain, it’s a mixture of both,” Bryant said in the interview with The Associated Press. “People are so complicated. It’s never one thing or the other. It’s always a mixture of both things. Certain moments can define you as one thing. Monday, you may be a villain. Tuesday, you may be a hero. It’s always an up-and-down thing.”

So true. One day, you’re throwing cum-stained shirts at a police officer. The next day, you’re buying turkeys for starving orphans. Everyone is complicated like that!

These retirement tours have to end. They are endless, boring, contrived, and completely out of step with reality. It’s only November. I’m supposed to give a shit about Kobe Bryant retiring when he’s got five AWFUL months of urinating on teammates to go? Were the titles and MVP awards not enough formal adulation? Kobe Bryant built his entire career copying Michael Jordan’s moves and psychopathy, with NONE of the charm. (Even that stupid poem bites off Jordan’s retirement.) Why should I celebrate this nutjob’s willful blindness to reality, with his moron coach aiding and abetting it? If anything, Kobe Bryant deserves to finish out his career on some Siberian outpost, dragging his leprous body parts behind him just so he can deny a teammate an open look at the basket.

I’ve said it before: if you want to retire, retire. This instant. If you’ve already announced the end, then the end has already come. Everything afterward is painful and unnecessary. Steve Spurrier quit on the spot this season, and you know what? It takes balls to quit like a coward. It takes balls to risk scrutiny and finally admit, “You know what? I can’t do this,” and walk away, without pre-planning your own season-long ticker tape parade. We’re going to spend the rest of this season whitewashing Kobe Bryant’s legacy for no good reason. He should go home and leave us all alone forever. It’s what that asshole deserves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 07:41:28 AM »
Kobe = Phil Heath.  Best of his time, but the epitome of generation selfie. 

It's all about his scoring, all about reinforcing his ego, all about shitting on his teammates to prove his 'leadership'.

In the end, nobody likes Kobe despite him being one of the ten best players, ever.  He's bragging about injuring rookie teammates... that's how far it's come.  He's talked shit for 20 years straight to anyone and everyone. 

IMO, the 2 biggest moments of "really?" were
1) reading about him mocking local community college players in Braderton, FL when he was visiting the manatee community college gym.  "Barbershop, baby!" as he schooled 5 foot 8 freshman in front of a news reporter, who then reported on the owning.
2) kobe dissing lebron on-court, seconds after lebron passed out of a double team in the final seconds of a tied all-star game.  Kobe chided lebron for not shooting a wild shot with 2 NBA all-stars draped on him.

Kobe = a dick.   

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 10:47:17 AM »

No. But it's about fucking time.

People in LA are partying on this news.

My Lakers interest retired with Magic.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
Vanessa Bryant Announced their Divorce after this final season

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
regardless whether you like the dude or not, He was a Legend and many of these young Pussy ass Punks playing ball right now could only wish they'd accomplish half the shit Kobe did......

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
Vanessa Bryant Announced their Divorce after this final season

Oh no without an income after this year how is he going to provide to this gold digger and her mom??? :o