Author Topic: Now that Thanksgiving is past has anyone decorated for Christmas?  (Read 11164 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Re: Now that Thanksgiving is past has anyone decorated for Christmas?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »
Private organizations can do whatever they want (as you know). If people don't like it, don't furnish their business. Its a companies right to remove a snowflake, just like its your right not to buy their coffee.

Not to mention that Starbucks CONTINUED to sell Christmas Items in their store! lol

You know, like this item with a snowman on it

Or these gift card with the words "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and tree on it.

And Christmas ornaments to hang on your CHRISTMAS TREE

Didn't follow the starbucks thing outside of knowing morons got upset about a plain red cup.

I did read the mall ones, and was annoyed the malls were abandoning the traditional Christmas set ups.  Lots of this stuff is for the kids.
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!  A favorite of mine!! 

Chevy's freak out before this scene AHAHAHAHAH.....love it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!  A favorite of mine!! 

Chevy's freak out before this scene AHAHAHAHAH.....love it.

i own a couple set of glasses for the eggnog (white russians) cus of the movie

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
For 10 pints....Christmas is a pagan day. It has nothing  to do with Christ.
The bible tells Hebrews not to get caught up in these pagan days. Christmas in particular.  

December 25 is Nimrod's and Talmus day of birth.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 12:47:15 PM »
Shizzo decorated already, I took a pic with my cell thru his window!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
For 10 pints....Christmas is a pagan day. It has nothing  to do with Christ.
The bible tells Hebrews not to get caught up in these pagan days. Christmas in particular.  

December 25 is Nimrod's and Talmus day of birth.

:)  MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=587624.0

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 01:04:36 PM »
Bah Humbug!   :(

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »
Mom puts up her Living Room tree every Thanksgiving Day after dinner.

I travel a lot during the holidays so I don't put up anything.

I do plan on going to many Christmas parties though.  8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »
:)  MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

It's a vain "holiday". There's nothing in the bible that says to celebrate it. In fact, It talks about the heathen (you)(it means foreigner) doing it. There are High Holy Days to be celebrated and Christmas is certainly not one of them. Rome nor anyone else has the authority to go around making Holy Days. The pope or Constintine or anyone didn't have that authority. 

It was to appease pagans and so called Christians, that's why that day was chosen. It's actually Nimrod and Talmus day of birth.
It's pagan. And until you can show me where in the bible it says to celebrate this day in this manner, it's not legit and never has been.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »
MOS.  Let me ask you this.  Is Santa Claus Christian?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
MOS.  Let me ask you this.  Is Santa Claus Christian?

No.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 02:20:20 PM »

Jeremiah 10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

This speaks for itself. It has nothing to do with Christ. This was done well before Christ was born. He hadn't even been born yet and you heathens were dealing with Christmas trees. The book of Jeremiah was written between 627 BE and 582 BC. That's 600 years before Christ was even born and they were dealing with Christmas Trees.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Stop this nonsense. If you want to celebrate it fine. But don't connect it to Christ's birth. Christ was born around passover which is in the spring.

Luke 2 41-42

41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.

42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

Shalom

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
It's a vain "holiday". There's nothing in the bible that says to celebrate it. In fact, It talks about the heathen (you)(it means foreigner) doing it. There are High Holy Days to be celebrated and Christmas is certainly not one of them. Rome nor anyone else has the authority to go around making Holy Days. The pope or Constintine or anyone didn't have that authority.  

It was to appease pagans and so called Christians, that's why that day was chosen. It's actually Nimrod and Talmus day of birth.
It's pagan. And until you can show me where in the bible it says to celebrate this day in this manner, it's not legit and never has been.

It's interesting you refer to me as a "heathen" and include within your reply a "so called Christian" reference.

Is this how you view me?

Don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I thought I'd ask.  If it is then so be it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 02:25:04 PM »
STUDY THIS

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

This speaks for itself. It has nothing to do with Christ. This was done well before Christ was born. He hadn't even been born yet and you heathens were dealing with Christmas trees. The book of Jeremiah was written between 627 BE and 582 BC. That's 600 years before Christ was even born and they were dealing with Christmas Trees.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Stop this nonsense. If you want to celebrate it fine. But don't connect it to Christ's birth. Christ was born around passover which is in the spring.

Luke 2 41-42

42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

Shalom

I already have.  Not about Christmas trees....about wooden idols.  Muslims use this passage of scripture often.  They're incorrect as well.  I reference this in my link to the other thread.

Should probably take this to the religion board thread about Christmas I linked you to earlier.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »
MOS, as a devout Christian, do you feel that religious holidays such as Easter and Christmas, have largely lost its way from its intended purpose?

I doubt that the church would have envisioned, bunnies, eggs, Santa, elves, reindeer, snowmen etc......would have essentially overshadowed the most important events in Christ's life.

What are your thoughts about the evolution of two of the most sacred Christian holidays?

Are you disappointed that children identify with the Easter Bunny and Santa more than Christ?

Considering Christmas and Easter have pagan origins, it does seem apt.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Considering Christmas and Easter have pagan origins, it does seem apt.

I anticipated these replies so I created the other thread for discussion....thanks!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
It's interesting you refer to me as a "heathen" and include within your reply a "so called Christian" reference.

Is this how you view me?

Don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I thought I'd ask.

A heathen is not what your European definition.  Meaning something bad. It means foreigner. So I'll use Heathen and Gentile. European "Christianity" is not of the Bible. It's a buffet. Meaning pick and chose what they want to follow. 95%  of Hebrews are stuck in this slave religion. Nearly all Europeans are stuck in this interpretation.  Which Is 100% false. I view you Man of Steel and Royalty as followers in Christian of a false doctrine.  I can speak on this because I was raised "Christian"  The bible is 100% correct the interpretation of Christians is not.  When you understand it as it is, you understand why it was changed. To hide alot.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
I put up a metal pole.  Next week I'll have family over so we can air out our grievances

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
I put up a metal pole.  Next week I'll have family over so we can air out our grievances

"I got some real problems with you people!"

Classic.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 02:40:20 PM »
Nah, we put Christ first in our home and encourage others to do the same.

Santas and bunnies and all that is for small children and we have no problem because we don't worship that stuff....again, it's God first in our home.

Our home is decorated year round with items that celebrate Christ and scripture.  During the holidays we have some Santa, elves, snowmen and lights for the kiddos for some fun.

The world gonna world my friend and we can't stop it.  So we live out our faith year round and not once or twice a year

Dude, I was so much more bummed when I found out Santa wasn't real.

:)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
I already have.  Not about Christmas trees....about wooden idols.  Muslims use this passage of scripture often.  They're incorrect as well.  I reference this in my link to the other thread.

Should probably take this to the religion board thread about Christmas I linked you to earlier.

A Christmas tree is a wooden idol. It represents Nimrod.

“Nimrod started the great organized worldly apostasy from God that has dominated this world until now.

Nimrod married his own mother, whose name was Semiramis.

After Nimrod’s death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree.”

It's a wooden idol. Always has been. Unfortunately, you don't have eyes to see or ears to hear. And you ignore the historical past of the tree.

The reason may have changed today,  but the bible and other historical documents state It's pagan riddled past. Just as King Solomon said, there's nothing new under the sun. We've been through this before. Everything is there, you just don't want to not celebrate it.  As I proved, Christ was born in the Spring, Nimrod on Dec. 25th.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »
For me, the argument is not about religion, but stores caving into the whiners and trying not to offend people.

If people cannot handle seeing a Christmas tree without it ruining their day, they need their head corrected.

As an avowed atheist, I 100% endorse this post. But trees, flakes, Santa - who the fuck is removing secular holiday symbols to protest religion? These are the real dummies here.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »

Luke 2 41-42

Shalom

^^
SALAM...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
A Christmas tree is a wooden idol. It represents Nimrod.

“Nimrod started the great organized worldly apostasy from God that has dominated this world until now.

Nimrod married his own mother, whose name was Semiramis.

After Nimrod’s death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree.”

It's a wooden idol. Always has been. Unfortunately, you don't have eyes to see or ears to hear. And you ignore the historical past of the tree.

The reason may have changed today,  but the bible and other historical documents state It's pagan riddled past. Just as King Solomon said, there's nothing new under the sun. We've been through this before. Everything is there, you just don't want to not celebrate it.  As I proved, Christ was born in the Spring, Nimrod on Dec. 25th.

How does he read our posts?