Author Topic: Anyone fight and throw hands with family during holiday get-togethers?  (Read 3583 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Anyone fight and throw hands with family during holiday get-togethers?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:42 PM »
Interesting. My goal is to only feel saucy a few days a week.  :P

Sure. Bottom line is to not return to my old habits of drinking everyday. I decided to celebrate a little today, because I had gone over a year without a drop of alcohol.

The plan is to only drink some on the weekends (mostly sundays) and maybe at the occasional social gathering.

I refuse to live in fear of alcohol. I absolutely have control over my urges, and I will prove that I am not "helpless" to control myself.
:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
But thats the thing: If this was not your brother, you could have been in jail for assault (I assume your brother didn't press charges). In any other incident, you would be screwed in terms of the law. If someone pushes you too far (with words, as your brother did), do you always slug them?

Funny you bring that up... no one is able to push my buttons to the point I get really pissed except my son. A stranger.. never comes close.. Maybe it was like that with his brother...

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »
Funny you bring that up... no one is able to push my buttons to the point I get really pissed except my son. A stranger.. never comes close.. Maybe it was like that with his brother...
^^
I couldn't have said it better, nobody has ever pushed my "buttons" on the street- and it seems male family members are the exception!!
P.S.  There were no charges, DEEP inside he knew he was fighting a loosing battle and was wrong.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »

and  ???  I am not drinking anything if that is what you are insinuating.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
Great thread Man of Feels!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 12:27:07 PM »
alcopowned !!!!
How? Both of those quotes support each other. I have not been drinking today. What part of " a couple days a week" was lost in the translation?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »
How? Both of those quotes support each other. I have not been drinking today. What part of " a couple days a week" was lost in the translation?

A few days a week is like 4 or so... a couple is like 2.

That's a big difference in statements.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »
and  ???  I am not drinking anything if that is what you are insinuating.

Not insinuating anything about today.  Just merely pointing out the contradiction in the the two statements.
:

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »

this shizzo.
Tuholmes is never wrong

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:14 PM »
^^
I couldn't have said it better, nobody has ever pushed my "buttons" on the street- and it seems male family members are the exception!!
P.S.  There were no charges, DEEP inside he knew he was fighting a loosing battle and was wrong.

Family members tend to know exactly what to say to push buttons.
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

Semantics......Besides, how can a few mean 4 or so, when there are only 7 days in a week.

A few is never the majority of something.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »
Had a few instances in my family over the years with folks getting bent outta shape and yelling and storming out, but never anyone throwing down.

What about you degenerate scumbags?  Any good ole fashioned family beatdowns?   :D
not since i was a kid , used to beat up all my male cousins sometime 3 or 4  [had 10 first cousins]  at a time of course i was the oldest, which made it a lot easier... best one was when i threw a rock and knocked a wasp's nest on one of my cousins head,, that one required a trip to the er... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
Semantics......Besides, how can a few mean 4 or so, when there are only 7 days in a week.

A few is never the majority of something.

I have always said that if you have a couple of things, you have 2. If you have a few, you have a couple of more.

Now surely, it could be 3, so as not to be a majority, but it's not about percentages.

For instance, if I have 100 balls and I give you a few of them, you then have about 4 or so... That's all.

Surely the definition has been modified as people see fit, but I have always thought that a few was more than a couple. It's hardly a finite number.

If you mean a couple or 2, then that is certainly different as well.

Just opinion.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »
^^
P.S.  There were no charges, DEEP inside he knew he was fighting a loosing battle and was wrong.

Your brother had the satisfaction of giving you such a meltdown to the point that you physically assaulted him. His words got to you, so he didn't need to press any charges.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
When I got back from fighting in Bosnia, my brother started into me how he was going to college, etc... and how he didn't want to be "stuck in the army" like me, so
I just literally "saw red" and knocked him out, he fell right through a closet door (those ones with a center hinge) and I walked out of the house forever...
I used my 11 + years of saving my wages up to buy a condo and started my new life that very day & never looked back.
you should beat off before going to someone house

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »
Your brother had the satisfaction of melting you down to the point that you physically assaulted him. His words got to you, so he didn't need to press any charges.

Also got KtFO for his big, reckless fucking mouth, and no one there will ever forget, him especially.

Well done, spritz.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »
We had over 50 family and friends at Clavinsr's for Easter an no thrown hands :)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
Your brother had the satisfaction of giving you such a meltdown to the point that you physically assaulted him. His words got to you, so he didn't need to press any charges.
^^
He had the satisfaction of getting a huge goose-egg and bruise on the jaw, too...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
We used to have some Donnybrooks............c ops and shit the whole 9 yards.

Now everybody`s dead or in prison so we just eat stuff !  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
I'm a pretty polite guy, in guy, in person. Over the years, a few relatives have taken advantage of this politeness and got smart with me knowing I won't "make a scene" and do I wanted to do, which is to rub their idiot faces into a bowl of mashed potatoes.

After awhile, I finally asked myself why I continued to put up with them, especially considering I needed them for a grand total of nothing. So, I stopped dealing with family members on Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm not anti-family by any stretch. It's great if you get along with yours. If not, I see no reason to force it.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
But thats the thing: If this was not your brother, you could have been in jail for assault (I assume your brother didn't press charges). In any other incident, you would be screwed in terms of the law. If someone pushes you too far (with words, as your brother did), do you always slug them?

This thread is about fighting.  Go spout your pusillanimous Nancy-ness on a different thread
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »
We had over 50 family and friends at Clavinsr's for Easter an no thrown hands :)
How boring is that?   ;D

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »
Shizzo when you are drinking you should change the colour of your font so we can tell. That way we can count your posts to see how often you're off your head.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
When I got back from fighting in Bosnia, my brother started into me how he was going to college, etc... and how he didn't want to be "stuck in the army" like me, so
I just literally "saw red" and knocked him out, he fell right through a closet door (those ones with a center hinge) and I walked out of the house forever...
I used my 11 + years of saving my wages up to buy a condo and started my new life that very day & never looked back.
Sorry that you got "stuck in the army", at least you had family to take it out on.
V