Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero. The First Computer For 5.00  (Read 4371 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Raspberry Pi Zero. The First Computer For 5.00
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »
Not sure how many computer geeks are here but I'm excited about this item finally coming out.  A 5 dollar computer is completely unheard of and one is actually included was RaspPI magazine and from my experience with the Raspberry Pi. 

I find it pretty cool that we've reached the age where the computer is available to anyone regardless of their income.  We can really get the world connected

A

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Re: Raspberry Pi Zero. The First Computer For 5.00
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
Like most people you seem not to understand what this is exactly. Educate yourself please.

Also the following emotional speech you gave "I find it pretty cool that we've reached the age where the computer is available to anyone regardless of their income.  We can really get the world connected", is something that you should keep on Twitter and FB. The crowd here for the most part knows how much you give a rats ass about the world being connected or helping anyone with low income, cut the crap.

http://hackaday.com/2015/12/01/raspberry-pi-zero-or-minus-one/

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »
Like most people you seem not to understand what this is exactly. Educate yourself please.

Also the following emotional speech you gave "I find it pretty cool that we've reached the age where the computer is available to anyone regardless of their income.  We can really get the world connected", is something that you should keep on Twitter and FB. The crowd here for the most part knows how much you give a rats ass about the world being connected or helping anyone with low income, cut the crap.

It is interesting though.

I have used numerous Raspberry Pi models including the new model Pi2 and for what they are, they are quite cool. The new Pi2 model even runs windows 10 supposedly. (I will verify that within the next week or so)

The $5 computer is something I don't think many people would have thought of 10 years ago.

Although, I have to say, you still need a screen for it. So really there is no 5 dollar computer. There are still other pieces you need. (Keyboard, mouse, display)

It does make for some interesting discussion.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:37:14 PM »

Excellent! ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:47 AM »
Doesn't mean much when most low income families have been using computers aka smartphones for years anyway.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:38 AM »
most welfare cases in my city have better I-phones than I can afford.....wtf???

why do "they" want us all on computers and "connected" anyways do you think???

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 03:55:05 AM »

Being "connected" creates social obligations that can be exploited for sales and monitoring purposes.

People are fairly thoughtless and can't appreciate the difference between information and education. More data makes people feel smarter.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 03:55:57 AM »
Not sure how many computer geeks are here but I'm excited about this item finally coming out.  A 5 dollar computer is completely unheard of and one is actually included was RaspPI magazine and from my experience with the Raspberry Pi. 

Only because you can finally afford an office computer.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:58:39 AM »

Another day; another rush to hate.  ::)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 03:59:05 AM »

Poor people go crazy for new, high-tech phones. I live in a country where the minimum wage is 354 USD a month, yet I know a bunch of poor people with cellphones around 600-700 USD.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:27:42 AM »
Got a workhorse xbmc / kodi pi2 sitting on top of a now decommissioned former workhorse pi model b, doing late night TV duties.

Previously that job was done by the mighty titan of the past.. a modded original xbox.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:34 AM »
It is interesting though.

I have used numerous Raspberry Pi models including the new model Pi2 and for what they are, they are quite cool. The new Pi2 model even runs windows 10 supposedly. (I will verify that within the next week or so)

The $5 computer is something I don't think many people would have thought of 10 years ago.

Although, I have to say, you still need a screen for it. So really there is no 5 dollar computer. There are still other pieces you need. (Keyboard, mouse, display)

It does make for some interesting discussion.

It has a micro HDMI port so it could be hooked up to any cheap television set.  A person would still have to buy a few peripherals.
A

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 06:30:41 AM »
Quality sounding computer hahahaha

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:54 AM »
Let me guess, the Caliber fitness shop is running on a Raspberry web server?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 06:34:57 AM »
Obama computta

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 06:48:17 AM »
Poor people go crazy for new, high-tech phones. I live in a country where the minimum wage is 354 USD a month, yet I know a bunch of poor people with cellphones around 600-700 USD.

Where's that? Why are you in time out?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »
Where's that? Why are you in time out?
350 a month?the fuck is this place?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:46 AM »
That's the minimum wage in Ecuador. Third world country of peace. I'm not in timeout btw, it's just the personal text.