Author Topic: Will Steph Curry end up better than Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Lebron?  (Read 25085 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I've watched alot of basketball. I've never seen a person so accurate it doesn't seem real. He'll be better than Jordan at the end of his career if not injured.  I'd be cool with that. Jordan is a piece of shit. I'm still a Spur fan but Curry is the best player in the league. Only the Spurs stand in his way. If he can overcome them, the sky's the limit. I keep thinking "naw, he's just on a streak". But no, this is how he plays. He's just that good.  Unguardable, unstoppable. Even Lebron couldn't stop him last year. 6'3 190ish. Who would have thought.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Will Steph Curry end up better than Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »
Lakers

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 09:08:34 PM »
He is and will be remembered as an al time great player, but hes got a ways to go before he is better than those guys. He is having an all time dominate year though.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »
Not even close.

Jordan would outright school Curry.

And obviously the hemphead nurse has forgotten how good Magic Johnson was in his prime.

A very weak troll thread.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »
Best pure shooter I've seen in my life.

To be a better basketball player than Michael Jordan will take a lot more than a couple of seasons.

He has also not always been healthy.

Time will tell of course, but given his age and past, I doubt you could label him as better than Jordan ever. Lebron? Possibly. Remember... Lebron is 2-4 in the finals.

Where will Curry end up?

*Side note. My autocorrect wants to change Lebron to Hebron. Perhaps a contraction of Hebrew-Lebron?*

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »
For pure basketball skill, I think Lebron James is the best ever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 11:27:40 PM »
nope.  too light to fight, to thin to win.

he's having a good few years... BUT...

some team will rough him up, he'll lose 2% with a slower leg or rough shoulder.  And voila, he'll never be the same.  Look at derrick rose, the dude used to play out of his head.  Then he started getting hurt, and injuries caused other injuries due to imbalance.

Big guys?  They can get beat to hamburger and still be good after many injuries... they can walk down court, post up and do their moves.  Once small guards get hurt, even a little, it becomes SO much harder to play D, and they wear themselves out.  AND they have to adjust the moves they've been doing since they were 5 years old... never ends well.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 11:33:26 PM »
Steph is phenomenal and fun to watch and on an amazing streak but in the end he won't top Jordan or Lebron. Stephe's style in my opinion has a lot to do with being young and quick. When he hits 30 and loses half a step he will still be good but things will calm down. The Spurs being in their way  ::)

I will make this prediction about Curry: All the young middle school aged kids watching him will be mimicking him, so in the next 6-10 years you will see some very similar style players that take the pg position to the next level. So I thingk Steph will be huge in revolutionizing the next generation of basketball and how it's played.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 11:44:30 PM »
Steph is phenomenal and fun to watch and on an amazing streak but in the end he won't top Jordan or Lebron. Stephe's style in my opinion has a lot to do with being young and quick. When he hits 30 and loses half a step he will still be good but things will calm down. The Spurs being in their way  ::)

I will make this prediction about Curry: All the young middle school aged kids watching him will be mimicking him, so in the next 6-10 years you will see some very similar style players that take the pg position to the next level. So I thingk Steph will be huge in revolutionizing the next generation of basketball and how it's played.

kids will TRY to be like him, but I dont think anyone will be able too shoot like him. He is great thanks to his shooting.

kids can relate to curry cause they have a better chance being 6'3 and not 6'8 full of muscle like lebron.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 12:54:59 AM »
I've never heard of tho Hebrew with a ladies name....

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 01:01:20 AM »

For physical ability applied to basketball he is one of the best no doubt. Not for pure basketball skill though.

People who say this kind of thing are usually too young to have seen the NBA in the mid to late 80s.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 04:42:23 AM »
Ah, not even close to Jordan...Jordan could play some serious D.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 06:07:04 AM »
nope.  too light to fight, to thin to win.

he's having a good few years... BUT...

some team will rough him up, he'll lose 2% with a slower leg or rough shoulder.  And voila, he'll never be the same.  Look at derrick rose, the dude used to play out of his head.  Then he started getting hurt, and injuries caused other injuries due to imbalance.

Big guys?  They can get beat to hamburger and still be good after many injuries... they can walk down court, post up and do their moves.  Once small guards get hurt, even a little, it becomes SO much harder to play D, and they wear themselves out.  AND they have to adjust the moves they've been doing since they were 5 years old... never ends well.
Agree. Curry will go down as the best shooter of all time probably. Lebron can play every position on the court and dominate still when he wants to. Curry shouldn't even be in the conversation till he does it for a sustained period of time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 06:17:22 AM »
Agree. Curry will go down as the best shooter of all time probably.

he has to play at this level for 5-8 years to do that.  at least.

he's shiny, but he's only been at this level for 2 years.  He's not "unstoppable" - nobody is knocking him on his ass yet.  I remember him getting torn up against CLE last year, I think was the team.  He's not fragile, but he's not a tank either.  Some team WILL get tired of his antics - cause he's starting to get cocky with follow thrus and hopping around after a shot like he did the other day with the air kicks, etc.

Some grown ass man is going to plan him, and it'll be a hip or neck, some weird issue that takes 3 months from him instantly.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 06:21:35 AM »
Since the time of that idiot Jordan, the NBA has been naught but a circus of travelling baggy pants clowns. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »
Lebron can play every position on the court
Nope. Can in no way play center or power forward unless you want the opposing teams player to score in the post or get every rebound. This has been shown over and over again throughout his career (Garnett, David West, etc.). I also don't think he can guard very many point guards unless they are average players. Very, very overrated defender.

Not that anyone should expect him too just not a fan of that phrase with him as it is overused

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 06:38:07 AM »

Spot on. The player with whom I'd compare him is Kevin Johnson, except Steph is a better shooter.

Johnson was amazing in his 20s because he was lightening quick, but once he hit 30, he went downhill fast.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 07:07:55 AM »
Nope. Can in no way play center or power forward unless you want the opposing teams player to score in the post or get every rebound. This has been shown over and over again throughout his career (Garnett, David West, etc.). I also don't think he can guard very many point guards unless they are average players. Very, very overrated defender.

Not that anyone should expect him too just not a fan of that phrase with him as it is overused
Throughout Lebron's career he has done it. Maybe not through a whole game, but was able to play every position on the court if needed.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »
Jordan averaged Curry's current 20 game stretch stats for his entire 14yr bulls career, some food for thought.While we have never seen a 3 point shooter like Curry, the stats also so show Jordan was the better shooter from 20 feet and in.When the playoffs come round and the D tightens up we'll see if Curry's shooting holds up.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
The Curry hype has gotten so ridiculous it's not even funny anymore.
He's a great shooter in an era when maybe 3 guys in the entire league even try to play defense.
He wouldn't have even lasted a series against a team like the Bad Boys.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 08:07:16 AM »
Jordan averaged Curry's current 20 game stretch stats for his entire 14yr bulls career, some food for thought.While we have never seen a 3 point shooter like Curry, the stats also so show Jordan was the better shooter from 20 feet and in.When the playoffs come round and the D tightens up we'll see if Curry's shooting holds up.

Didn't it hold up last year?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 08:18:12 AM »

Magic > Lebron

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 08:34:11 AM »
I don't think he'll end up better than those guys.  Those guys have some serious resumes.  He's a special talent though.  I want to see how his game ages.  What can he do when he hits age 30 and loses a step or two?

I'm not really loving this NBA where guys have a green light to shoot 15 three pointers per game.  It's weird.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
Throughout Lebron's career he has done it. Maybe not through a whole game, but was able to play every position on the court if needed.
Throughout his career he's been dominated in both the power forward and center positions whenever he's been put in that position.
All players can play every position. Doesn't mean they are good at it (just like Lebron isn't), lol. Just a bad/overused phrase that's not true. A point guard could play center but be terrible at it.