Author Topic: Any benefit of metformin re BB?  (Read 2970 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Any benefit of metformin re BB?
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:42:11 AM »
Anyone try it?   Supposed to lose weight

Also supposed to increase life span...
you are gay.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Any benefit of metformin re BB?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »
come on, there are thousands on threads on metformin on promuscle and on the net ;)

anything that decreases carbohydrate absorption and lowers insulin increases lifespan. and thats what metformin does.
nothing makes you "lose weight" except eating less

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »
makes you lose weight because you will have to take a shit after.

I would use Na-r-ala. Stuff does not get enough props.
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
makes you lose weight because you will have to take a shit after.

I would use Na-r-ala. Stuff does not get enough props.
how do you compare na-r-ala to regular ala?
just a dosage thing or do you consider it much more effective? ALA is SO much cheaper even if you allegedly need like 5x as much (vs na-r-ala)
last bulk i toyed around with about 750mg ALA with meals (except pre and post workout because of slin), seemed to stay pretty lean and have higher carb tolerance
(just with regards to body composition, the anti oxidant and liver benefits are ofc great too)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »
how do you compare na-r-ala to regular ala?
just a dosage thing or do you consider it much more effective? ALA is SO much cheaper even if you allegedly need like 5x as much (vs na-r-ala)
last bulk i toyed around with about 750mg ALA with meals (except pre and post workout because of slin), seemed to stay pretty lean and have higher carb tolerance
(just with regards to body composition, the anti oxidant and liver benefits are ofc great too)

Never used regular ALA as a place here used to sell the Na version from SAN for so cheap. I've used the "r" version as well, used to be super cheap from smart powders but price shot up big time leaving me to experiment with the version you asked me about!

So I can't answer that question!

But the "r" version is in the regular ALA, think it's 50%, so you need 300mg of regular ALA to make 150mg of the "r" verion, the NA-r-ala is the said most bio available version making it even better.

I do think the Na version was better than the R, but then again, I always pretty much look the same, but my best when using either "r" or "na" version.

Odd it's not promoted more.

The supplement industry always looks for past stuff to "re pimp" should not be too long until they bring it back.

Eithe way, nothing to lose as the health properties make it an attractive supplement to toy with.

Taking either form before a big cheat meal will allow you to eat much more and not feel the crash after, try it! I swear it works!!!! Also digest better.
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »
yeah i know ALA is half L-ALA (useless) and half R-ALA ... however R-ALA powder is prone to oxidation and will basically be gone to shit once you open the bag, and pills are always much more expensive than powders so i always go with powder form supps...

ive never seen any real evidence that shows na-r-ala to be superior to regular ala though... i think the only study that shows higher bioavailability was conducted by the producer geronova so i take that with a grain of salt :D

when bulking i use around 750mg with my first 2 meals of the day, when cutting i use around a gram or two with huge cheat meals... and always use 300mg or so right before going to bed (just for the anti oxidant benefits and because it makes me fall asleep slightly faster (probably because of the blood sugar lowering effects)
as you said i also noticed it makes me digest much better... big big plus on bulks or with cheat meals.

upwards of 500mg it also makes me weirdly hungry around 20 mins after taking it, almost like ghrp2 but without the feeling you need to overeat right now.
like a light hypo. i never measured blood sugar after using it though.
ill try that out tomorrow if i remember.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
Yeah, I read that about the r version being spoiled when bought in powder. I got some powder once the it's impossible to consume in powder form anyway. I can stomach bad tastes but not that shit.

CAps...  All the way caps...

But the normal ala is part of what made cell tech work a bit better than normal creatine. Or was it all the sugar? Had like 75 grams of dextrose!
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »
hah, didnt know ALA was in cell tech :D i always thought that shit was just dextrose and creatine (and a bunch of shit flavor)

and youre right on the "taste" or the insane burning or whatever u wanna call it... i gotta take a mouthfull of water, then put the ala in there, swirl it around and immediately swallow and chase it with a couple gulps of liquid, otherwise that shit is worse than tren cough...

i once nearly choked on half a gram of the powder because i only had a sip of water with it
not a nice experience, i tell you  :D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
Wtf?    Na la r ala
Is this a nursery rhyme?

Ala?     Is this an otc supplement?
you are gay.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
half a gram of na r ala powder? Fuck... The burning is intense. Impossible to to multiple times a day, every day. And like you said, the powder loses it's properties when exposed to air. I still have the jar from nutraplanet.

I'm gonna try the ala stuff soon, insanely cheap at powdercity.com

LOL@Worm, ahaha!!!

?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »
half a gram regular ALA not the sodium form
not sure if na r ala burns more, but its really bad with ALA so i cant imagine that lol

alpha lipoic acid @ theworm ;)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »
half a gram regular ALA not the sodium form
not sure if na r ala burns more, but its really bad with ALA so i cant imagine that lol

alpha lipoic acid @ theworm ;)

regular ala does burn as I got some expired cell tech, had never drank it as when it came out, costed $90 for 20 servings, lol.... But when I drank cell tech, had a burning type feel similar to na r alal. Had to chuck that stuff and I RaRELY throw out supplements. If 75 grams of sugar can't mask the taste of that shit, nothing will!
?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »
come on, there are thousands on threads on metformin on promuscle and on the net ;)

anything that decreases carbohydrate absorption and lowers insulin increases lifespan. and thats what metformin does.
nothing makes you "lose weight" except eating less

Don't know much about metformin but if it decreases your body's ability to absorb carbohydrates how is this good for bbing unless you are trying to lose weight? It seems that it does the opposite of what insulin does which is to allow your body to absorb more carbohydrates/glucose.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 03:00:58 AM »
Don't know much about metformin but if it decreases your body's ability to absorb carbohydrates how is this good for bbing unless you are trying to lose weight? It seems that it does the opposite of what insulin does which is to allow your body to absorb more carbohydrates/glucose.
some people claim metformin is "oral insulin" which is completely retarded... it lowers blood sugar, but not at all in the way insulin does
metformin increases insulin sensitivity, however also hinders carbohydrate absorption.
also if you eat simple sugars on metformin youll get the shits and youll fart for hours. completely useless on bulks, but people still use it together with insulin (completely retarded if you ask me).

its good for cutting though.
more insulin sensitive, less carbs absorbed, kills hunger feelings.