Author Topic: One completetly overlooked fact about the TRUMP campaign..  (Read 3400 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: One completetly overlooked fact about the TRUMP campaign..
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
No, but he's beholden to some mobsters... That's so much better.

Again, outside of his ridiculous bullshit, what has he said?

I'll answer for you.

He has said, NOTHING ELSE.

His entire platform has been ridiculous and down right disgusting. People who support him are not people I would want to know. As a matter of fact, I've cut off more than a few associates out of my life who have said they like him.

How is he beholden to mobsters? 

He hasn't only said ridiculous and disgusting things.  Most of his statements and promises are pretty broad and lack specifics, but they're not all ridiculous and disgusting, like trying to eliminate a trade gap. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »
"Cutting people out of your life" because they THINK differently than you ::)

Pretty small-minded approach.  That's what a lot of liberals do.  (Not calling him a liberal.)  I don't think I've ever cut people out of my life because they think differently than me.  I have a lot of ultra liberal friends.  We disagree about some things, agree on others, but it's all good.  Having people in your life with varying viewpoints is healthy. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »
How is he beholden to mobsters? 

He hasn't only said ridiculous and disgusting things.  Most of his statements and promises are pretty broad and lack specifics, but they're not all ridiculous and disgusting, like trying to eliminate a trade gap. 

Donald Trump wrote the number one bestseller and one of the all time best selling business books "The Art of The Deal"

His whole life has been about negotiation. Ask 5 million for that building and maybe we'll send up settling at 2.5

The rub is this is politics and these big time proposals he is seeking is a different animal than the business world. Anyways, I wonder if this is his approach with these sorts of things.

No, he won't be able to deport 10 million people but it shows he will be tougher on illegal immigration.

No, he won't be able to ban all Muslims but it shows that he is aware of how much national security is compromised without a proper vetting process in place.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »
who has that bloomberg info about trump... his wealth is at 2.9 billion.
If he had put his inheritance into the SP 500 mutual average, and done nothing but finger paint, he'd be worth 8 billion today

I am not sure his "negotiation" skills are all that impressive, to be honest.  His companies going bankrupt 4 times, that tells me he may have been out-negotiated man times along the way.

Had he never touched the $... He SHOULD be worth 8 billion today.  Bloomberg said he's worth 2.9 billion.  Yeah, impressive...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »
Donald Trump wrote the number one bestseller and one of the all time best selling business books "The Art of The Deal"

His whole life has been about negotiation. Ask 5 million for that building and maybe we'll send up settling at 2.5

The rub is this is politics and these big time proposals he is seeking is a different animal than the business world. Anyways, I wonder if this is his approach with these sorts of things.

No, he won't be able to deport 10 million people but it shows he will be tougher on illegal immigration.

No, he won't be able to ban all Muslims but it shows that he is aware of how much national security is compromised without a proper vetting process in place.

I like the fact he wants to shake things up, although I really don't see him being able to do the grandiose things he talks about.  Overall, I think his entire candidacy is like a cruel joke.  I really cannot get past his poor temperament, narcism, and now his dishonesty.

Did you see the clip of him teasing the disabled reporter?  Then saying he wasn't mocking the guy?  Flat out dishonest.  

Then there is his claim that he is getting calls from numerous Muslim friends who support his ban on Muslims.  I don't believe that for one instant.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
Overall, I think his entire candidacy is like a cruel joke.

What would be the motivation for playing such a huge joke on America?

Maybe.... Hilary didn't want to let another POTUS run slip out of her fingers... and convinced her wedding buddy Trump to knock out the other Repubs and keep servergate/benghazi pressure off her with 24/7 crazy talk, which he's done.

Front row at Trump's wedding, huh?   They're VERY good friends. 
Clinton calling Trump right before he made his announcement?  yeah, that's shady.

IMO, it's not a joke.  It's a scheme.  Designed to wreck GOP race (success!) and get hilary in (likely if trump wins nomination)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »
"Cutting people out of your life" because they THINK differently than you ::)

I associate with who I want to.

Simple.

I associate with those outside of work who I choose to. Why would I want to be around people who support someone who is an obvious racist.

I don't hang out with KKK members either.

Do you?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »
I like the fact he wants to shake things up, although I really don't see him being able to do the grandiose things he talks about.  Overall, I think his entire candidacy is like a cruel joke.  I really cannot get past his poor temperament, narcism, and now his dishonesty.

Did you see the clip of him teasing the disabled reporter?  Then saying he wasn't mocking the guy?  Flat out dishonest.  

Then there is his claim that he is getting calls from numerous Muslim friends who support his ban on Muslims.  I don't believe that for one instant.  

That is what kills me about Trump. While Hillary is hiding like a coward most of the time and only comes out of her hole to take kids glove interviews, Trump is willing to go in and sit with practically any leftist media member and completely dismantle him/her in a way we have really never seen.

Then he'll turn around the very next day and engage in these unnecessary antics which in turn hurt his likeability. If he cut that nonsense out from the beginning he is likely at 40+ percent or more in these polls.

Regarding the disabled New York Times reporter...at the end of the day he WAS a New York Times reporter and therefore likely a COMPLETE hate filled asshole so I don't feel TOO bad about what Trump did on that one.  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »
Then he'll turn around the very next day and engage in these unnecessary antics which in turn hurt his likeability. If he cut that nonsense out from the beginning he is likely at 40+ percent or more in these polls.

rachel maddow did a piece this week... she thinks Trump is trying to get himself pushed out of the race for being 'too intense' or 'too honest'.   Intentionally.  Trump is successful but being president is a HARD job and 4 years of sitting thru 14 hour days reading intelligence briefs is probably not something the 70 year old wants to do.   He is a limo, glamour, intense, TV personality, he loves YES MEN and being president is mostly dealing with roadblocks all day.  These days, Trump is mostly past managing 500 problems a day.

hilary, jeb, they've been legislating all day for decades and they're built for it.  Trump doesn't even prepare notes for speeches or interviews, he just wings it and speaks off the cuff.

It does pose the serious question - IF trump was trying to get himself booted from the race for being "too real", would he be doing things any differently?  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »

Agree. Trump is very entertaining but him as president?

Would be one hell of an experiment.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2015, 09:07:50 AM »
Agree. Trump is very entertaining but him as president?

Would be one hell of an experiment.

A dangerous experiment.   Why do it?  Why risk alienating our allies?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
A dangerous experiment.   Why do it?  Why risk alienating our allies?

I highly doubt that he becomes president.

The things that appeal to the republican base these days will have a negative feedback from most of the other voters.

Even the more level-headed republicans might prefer Clinton in the White house.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Um...no......she's a lying bitch. Hope that clears that up.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
That is what kills me about Trump. While Hillary is hiding like a coward most of the time and only comes out of her hole to take kids glove interviews, Trump is willing to go in and sit with practically any leftist media member and completely dismantle him/her in a way we have really never seen.

Regarding the disabled New York Times reporter...at the end of the day he WAS a New York Times reporter and therefore likely a COMPLETE hate filled asshole so I don't feel TOO bad about what Trump did on that one.  :D

I agree he should get props for not cowering like Hillary and Obama, both of whom go to great lengths to avoid answering tough questions. 

I disagree he completely dismantles people or issues.  He doesn't do anything except make unrealistic promises, deny certain things, call people names, etc. But he does it with conviction.  From that standpoint, he's as much as an empty suit as Obama. 

You cannot seriously condone him mocking the disabled reporter?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2015, 12:57:08 PM »
I agree he should get props for not cowering like Hillary and Obama, both of whom go to great lengths to avoid answering tough questions. 

I disagree he completely dismantles people or issues.  He doesn't do anything except make unrealistic promises, deny certain things, call people names, etc. But he does it with conviction.  From that standpoint, he's as much as an empty suit as Obama. 

You cannot seriously condone him mocking the disabled reporter?

I suppose on a scale of 1 to 10 it bothers me about a 3 or a 4.

Not cool to mock a person with a disability but if you are going to do it might as well be a New York Times reporter whom I have practically zero respect for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2015, 04:51:02 PM »
I suppose on a scale of 1 to 10 it bothers me about a 3 or a 4.

Not cool to mock a person with a disability but if you are going to do it might as well be a New York Times reporter whom I have practically zero respect for.

Fair enough, although it does not speak well for someone who wants to be president.  And he has the nerve to criticize the temperament of Ted Cruz? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
Fair enough, although it does not speak well for someone who wants to be president.  And he has the nerve to criticize the temperament of Ted Cruz? 

The fact that Trump is currently losing to Cruz now in a few polls is ABSOLUTELY burning him alive on the inside.

I don't understand it myself. He is creaming his competition in practically every national poll but....

That is just his makeup. This is a man who absolutely HATES to lose.

He could be up in 49 other states and a ton of his time will still be spent loathing the fact that he is losing in Iowa.

His response is going after Cruz and it could backfire.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »
The fact that Trump is currently losing to Cruz now in a few polls is ABSOLUTELY burning him alive on the inside.

I don't understand it myself. He is creaming his competition in practically every national poll but....

That is just his makeup. This is a man who absolutely HATES to lose.

He could be up in 49 other states and a ton of his time will still be spent loathing the fact that he is losing in Iowa.

His response is going after Cruz and it could backfire.

It's important to keep the national polls in context.  They matter, but the state-by-state polls are much bigger indicators of what could possibly happen.

I agree Trump hates to lose.  That's why I don't think he will be in this for the long haul if he doesn't have a commanding lead.  He is incredibly thin-skinned. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:42 AM »
Obama once (on TV) made a joke about Special Olympics competitors, and he did it without a second thought. 

Right off the top of his playbook, it was, and very little was made of it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
Obama once (on TV) made a joke about Special Olympics competitors, and he did it without a second thought. 

Right off the top of his playbook, it was, and very little was made of it.

"When asked about the bowling alley in the White House, Obama joked to Leno that his average score of 129 “was like the Special Olympics or something.” Although, neither Leno or Obama seemed bothered by the comment during the show, the White House issued a statement apologizing for it before the show aired."

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »
for all his faults, TRUMP is at least a genuine American, genuinely patriotic, will unapologetically put America first, believes in American exceptionalism, believes in American sovereignty, believes in national pride, and cares NOTHING for political correctness. TRUMP, for all his faults, is a pure winner, a legit Alpha among Alpha's, an true American icon who embodies the america the world used to see and look upon with awe and envy.

is he 100% perfect on everything? no. is he a master academic minded tactition expert on the level of Cruz? no. but at least in all this sense, he represents  the TOTAL POLAR OPPOSITE of Obama, as well as Hillary or any of the dems, as well as 90+% of the republicans, and this is precisely why he has gathered such an enormous following. checking all the boxes isn't as important to americans as just making sure we have a genuine America-firster as a president again

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
"When asked about the bowling alley in the White House, Obama joked to Leno that his average score of 129 “was like the Special Olympics or something.” Although, neither Leno or Obama seemed bothered by the comment during the show, the White House issued a statement apologizing for it before the show aired."

What a fine gentleman.

::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
for all his faults, TRUMP is at least a genuine American, genuinely patriotic, will unapologetically put America first, believes in American exceptionalism, believes in American sovereignty, believes in national pride, and cares NOTHING for political correctness. TRUMP, for all his faults, is a pure winner, a legit Alpha among Alpha's, an true American icon who embodies the america the world used to see and look upon with awe and envy.

is he 100% perfect on everything? no. is he a master academic minded tactition expert on the level of Cruz? no. but at least in all this sense, he represents  the TOTAL POLAR OPPOSITE of Obama, as well as Hillary or any of the dems, as well as 90+% of the republicans, and this is precisely why he has gathered such an enormous following. checking all the boxes isn't as important to americans as just making sure we have a genuine America-firster as a president again

Yes, especially when all the rest of them do such a sorry-ass job of having checked boxes, themselves.  Good point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

I agree with most of your first paragraph.  Still, he is not the person I want with his finger on the trigger, in charge of the military, making public policy, meeting with world leaders, etc.  I heard a clip today of him talking about about political commentators who have been critical of him.  He sounded like an incredibly thin-skinned little kid. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »
I agree with most of your first paragraph.  Still, he is not the person I want with his finger on the trigger, in charge of the military, making public policy, meeting with world leaders, etc.  I heard a clip today of him talking about about political commentators who have been critical of him.  He sounded like an incredibly thin-skinned little kid. 

under pressure, presidents need to make important decisions regarding the best interests of 300 million americans - based on logic and reason.

under not too much pressure, Trump has repeatedly made poor decisions - based on emotion.

Trump has done well because this is the same base that cheered a serious topic like the death penalty in 2012 when perry bragged about all the people he gave the needle.  They have blood lust, war boners.   Talking about killing the families of terrrorists and carpet bombing villages to teach people a lesson - that is great for the base at debates... but doesn't fly with moderate voters that decide elections.