Author Topic: Nothing's Gonna Stop Him Now: Why The GOP Can't Derail Donald Trump  (Read 655 times)

James

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/nobody-can-take-donald-trump-down-except-donald-trump

"The guy is a phenomena. He has touched a nerve. To some extent, he is the anti-Obama, and he is really good at what he does," the bundler said on background so that he could speak freely about the state of the donor class. "

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Nothing's Gonna Stop Him Now: Why The GOP Can't Derail Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
Meh.  I'll believe he's legit when he starts winning primaries and caucuses. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »

Honestly, it's too late then.

if a lifetime liberal with huge clinton ties and 3-4 marriages can win IOWA, then it's already over, and the nomination is his.

Trump wins Iowa and NH, and he wins that nomination.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Honestly, it's too late then.

if a lifetime liberal with huge clinton ties and 3-4 marriages can win IOWA, then it's already over, and the nomination is his.

Trump wins Iowa and NH, and he wins that nomination.

Anyone who follows politics knows that Iowa does not determine the GOP nominee.  Santorum and Huckabee, the last two winners, didn't sniff the nomination. 

And anyone who follows politics knows that a candidate winning two primaries/caucuses, is not in any way a lock to win the nomination.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:26:27 PM »
Anyone who follows politics knows that Iowa does not determine the GOP nominee.  Santorum and Huckabee, the last two winners, didn't sniff the nomination. 

And anyone who follows politics knows that a candidate winning two primaries/caucuses, is not in any way a lock to win the nomination.

You know who wins Iowa?  Either a complete conservative OR a dominant star that'll win very early.

When santorum or huck wins, it's because they're super religious.  If Trump wins, it's because he's so popular that he will beat the religious numbers there.

Sorry, but yes, I'm right on this.  IF IF IF Trump wins the first 2... he isn't going to lose the nomination.  He has a billion bucks to spend that the others don't, and these selfish fvckers aren't going to drop out, even when they know they have no chance.

Fewer than 50 days.  Dos equis, both you and i know trump is a joke, an immature, undignified mess that will probably cause President Hilary.   But at this point.... it's 7 weeks away... Trump is probably going to win this.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »
If Trump wins both Iowa and New Hampshire, why would anyone not think that he'd also take South Carolina and Nevada? I'm not sure any candidate would be able to stop him he won the first 3 or 4 states. At that point Super Tuesday won't even matter that much because there is always parody on Super Tuesday.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
If Trump wins both Iowa and New Hampshire, why would anyone not think that he'd also take South Carolina and Nevada? I'm not sure any candidate would be able to stop him he won the first 3 or 4 states. At that point Super Tuesday won't even matter that much because there is always parody on Super Tuesday.

Trump has spent something like 300,000 on ad time.  Bush has spent tens of millions.

Without spending money on ads, without spending his own billion... trump has a commanding lead.

He isn't religious at all, WAY less than the others (yet still wins iowa)... he isn't super liberal like Kasich/jeb (yet still wins NH) and he isn't losing after that.   Sorry, he's not.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 02:24:55 PM »

if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire, its all over.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

Qft

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »
if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire, its all over.

Agreed.  Dos Equis imagined some scenario where Trump wins the first few, but since there's a few dozen, it doesn't mean anything.   Of course that isn't the case.