Author Topic: Ted Cruz Warns Against Military Adventurism - I F**KING LOVE THIS  (Read 3521 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I was sickened by Rubio and Carly Fiorina fighting over who would declare war on RUS faster.   This is real life shit.   Cruz handles it PERFECTLY - you keep a strong USA but don't run headfirst into wars.

U.S. News ^ | Dec. 10, 2015 | David Catanese

The Texas senator is seeking an implicit contrast with the more hawkish Marco Rubio.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday warned against the deployment of U.S. forces in the Middle East in hopes of creating democracy, nodding to a portion of the Republican Party exhausted with military escapades abroad.

Even as he emphasized the need to defeat the Islamic State group in a speech coming just a week after the San Bernardino, California, shooting rampage that's since been linked to radicalization, Cruz, a 2016 presidential candidate, chastised those rushing to place American troops on the ground to fight the enemy.

"Some in the course of a political campaign have focused on the question of boots on the ground - American boots on the ground - as a talismanic demonstration of strength. That is getting the deployment of military force precisely backwards," the Texas senator said at The Heritage Foundation in Washington.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who has emerged as a chief rival to Cruz's ascension in the GOP primary, believes placing significant U.S. troops on the ground is the only way to defeat the Islamic State group, though he has stopped short of pinpointing an exact number of forces that should be deployed. Front-runner Donald Trump has also backed placing 10,000 U.S. troops in the region.

Cruz said the U.S. should instead utilize its overwhelming air advantage, arm Kurdish fighters and employ the power of the Jordanian and Egyptian militaries to battle the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

"This is not a game of Risk," Cruz said.

The freshman senator went on to contest the argument, laid out by some Republicans, that the failure to create stability in Libya in 2011 was the sole result of poor execution by President Barack Obama's administration. Cruz said it should have been apparent that Obama was not capable of a policy that would protect U.S. national security interests based on his previous moves.

Rubio was a vocal supporter of military action and regime change in Libya that year, but Cruz on Thursday called intervention in the country "a disaster."

"The argument that Republicans had to, in principle, support what might've been a democratic uprising against [Moammar] Gadhafi but that the Obama administration somehow botched the job is revisionist history and poor revisionist history at that," Cruz said. "This took place in 2011 after the president's Cairo speech, the Russian reset and the canceling of the missile defense batteries in Poland and the Czech Republic. It should've been clear to any rational observer that the Obama administration was not capable of a policy that would actually defend and robustly defend the national security interests of the U.S."

Similarly, Cruz said intervention in the Syrian civil war is not in America's best interests. While Rubio has said the removal of Syrian President Bashar Assad is crucial to containing the spread of violent and radical groups, Cruz argued there's no good option on either side of the fight.

"Quite simply, we do not have a side in the Syrian civil war," he said, citing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as someone who holds his view.

Cruz also held up former President Ronald Reagan as a leader who kept his eye on the largest challenge of his time: defeating communist ideology while not forcing democracy on nations unwilling to accept it.

With this foreign policy doctrine, Cruz has his eye on the libertarian wing of the Republican Party, which may be looking for a new vessel given that Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has faded as a top-flight contender for the GOP nomination. That sliver of the party could remain a crucial voting bloc as the field of candidates winnows.

Cruz is calculating that he'll be fighting Rubio for those votes down the road and his nuanced stance on American power abroad reflects that, given the pointed contrast between them.

"We will not win by replacing dictators, as unpleasant as they may be, with terrorists who want to kill us and destroy America," Cruz said.

A time zone away, campaigning in Iowa, it's unclear if Rubio was aware of Cruz's critique, but he certainly had his rival on the brain.

Rubio said Cruz chooses "neo-isolationism" on foreign policy, and reiterated his notion that an air war is insufficient to win the war against the Islamic State group.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Ted Cruz Warns Against Military Adventurism - I F**KING LOVE THIS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 06:05:30 AM »
I would imagine any POTUS wouldn't be so quick to go to war if things were like in the old days, you know when the king lead the army into battle.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:29:59 AM »
Cruz has been consistent on this since day one. its probably one of the reasons why Dubya says he doesn't like him lol.

"set a clearly established goal-utterly destroy the enemy-then get the heck out"

"America should not be in the business of nation building"

"you are never going to turn Iraq into Switzerland"

talk about hitting the nail on the head...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
I would imagine any POTUS wouldn't be so quick to go to war if things were like in the old days, you know when the king lead the army into battle.

it used to drive me crazy in the debates... when Carly Fiorino would happily pledge to shoot down some russian planes as soon as she got into office, as that ignorant-ass crowd hooted and hollered in support.  We're talking about starting WWIII over Syria, and they just had giant war boners for it. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
I was sickened by Rubio and Carly Fiorina fighting over who would declare war on RUS faster.   This is real life shit.   Cruz handles it PERFECTLY - you keep a strong USA but don't run headfirst into wars.

U.S. News ^ | Dec. 10, 2015 | David Catanese

The Texas senator is seeking an implicit contrast with the more hawkish Marco Rubio.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday warned against the deployment of U.S. forces in the Middle East in hopes of creating democracy, nodding to a portion of the Republican Party exhausted with military escapades abroad.

Even as he emphasized the need to defeat the Islamic State group in a speech coming just a week after the San Bernardino, California, shooting rampage that's since been linked to radicalization, Cruz, a 2016 presidential candidate, chastised those rushing to place American troops on the ground to fight the enemy.

"Some in the course of a political campaign have focused on the question of boots on the ground - American boots on the ground - as a talismanic demonstration of strength. That is getting the deployment of military force precisely backwards," the Texas senator said at The Heritage Foundation in Washington.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who has emerged as a chief rival to Cruz's ascension in the GOP primary, believes placing significant U.S. troops on the ground is the only way to defeat the Islamic State group, though he has stopped short of pinpointing an exact number of forces that should be deployed. Front-runner Donald Trump has also backed placing 10,000 U.S. troops in the region.

Cruz said the U.S. should instead utilize its overwhelming air advantage, arm Kurdish fighters and employ the power of the Jordanian and Egyptian militaries to battle the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

"This is not a game of Risk," Cruz said.

The freshman senator went on to contest the argument, laid out by some Republicans, that the failure to create stability in Libya in 2011 was the sole result of poor execution by President Barack Obama's administration. Cruz said it should have been apparent that Obama was not capable of a policy that would protect U.S. national security interests based on his previous moves.

Rubio was a vocal supporter of military action and regime change in Libya that year, but Cruz on Thursday called intervention in the country "a disaster."

"The argument that Republicans had to, in principle, support what might've been a democratic uprising against [Moammar] Gadhafi but that the Obama administration somehow botched the job is revisionist history and poor revisionist history at that," Cruz said. "This took place in 2011 after the president's Cairo speech, the Russian reset and the canceling of the missile defense batteries in Poland and the Czech Republic. It should've been clear to any rational observer that the Obama administration was not capable of a policy that would actually defend and robustly defend the national security interests of the U.S."

Similarly, Cruz said intervention in the Syrian civil war is not in America's best interests. While Rubio has said the removal of Syrian President Bashar Assad is crucial to containing the spread of violent and radical groups, Cruz argued there's no good option on either side of the fight.

"Quite simply, we do not have a side in the Syrian civil war," he said, citing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as someone who holds his view.

Cruz also held up former President Ronald Reagan as a leader who kept his eye on the largest challenge of his time: defeating communist ideology while not forcing democracy on nations unwilling to accept it.

With this foreign policy doctrine, Cruz has his eye on the libertarian wing of the Republican Party, which may be looking for a new vessel given that Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has faded as a top-flight contender for the GOP nomination. That sliver of the party could remain a crucial voting bloc as the field of candidates winnows.

Cruz is calculating that he'll be fighting Rubio for those votes down the road and his nuanced stance on American power abroad reflects that, given the pointed contrast between them.

"We will not win by replacing dictators, as unpleasant as they may be, with terrorists who want to kill us and destroy America," Cruz said.

A time zone away, campaigning in Iowa, it's unclear if Rubio was aware of Cruz's critique, but he certainly had his rival on the brain.

Rubio said Cruz chooses "neo-isolationism" on foreign policy, and reiterated his notion that an air war is insufficient to win the war against the Islamic State group.

No pandering just commen sense. Good for Cruz

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 03:26:43 PM »
No pandering just commen sense. Good for Cruz

did you hear those idiots cheering for shooting down a russian jet?   Carly didn't know that "enforcing a no fly zone" meant a chance to start WWIII by wasting Russians.  How in the world does someone get that far in the debates without knowing that?

Props to the GOP voters for dropping her.   It's a shame they're so caught up with Trump celebrity.   Take away his TV show, and his same message is considered CTer and manic.  But he's a tv star they love, so voila, he gets their vote.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
did you hear those idiots cheering for shooting down a russian jet?   Carly didn't know that "enforcing a no fly zone" meant a chance to start WWIII by wasting Russians.  How in the world does someone get that far in the debates without knowing that?

Props to the GOP voters for dropping her.   It's a shame they're so caught up with Trump celebrity.   Take away his TV show, and his same message is considered CTer and manic.  But he's a tv star they love, so voila, he gets their vote.

Trump has taken the usual GOP election strategy and run with it.

He has doubled down on the Southern strategy just with mexicans instead of blacks.

The GOP's election strategy for the last couple of decades paved the way for him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »
The GOP's election strategy for the last couple of decades

You mean the strategy that allowed them to win the popular vote in 1 of the last 6 POTUS elections?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 04:07:24 AM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 04:10:44 AM »
You mean the strategy that allowed them to win the popular vote in 1 of the last 6 POTUS elections?

Thats the one.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 09:29:56 AM »
Um..why did Clinton win in 1992....just a question guys?
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »

I was eleven years old at the time but here goes..

I believe the economy wasnt that good and Clinton managed to look more like a man of the people (maybe because of his charisma) compared to Bush Senior who comes from a rich family.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
Swing and a miss..please please if your gonna play then you gotta atleast practice.

William Clinton Albert Gore Jr. Democratic                       44,909,806 43.01%
 George Bush J. Danforth Quayle Republican                    39,104,550 37.45%
 H. Ross Perot James Stockdale Independent                   19,743,821 18.91% 

Maybe you're better at math - what does 37.45 plus 18.91 equal......ok I'll tell you...............NO BLOW JOBS AND A DISGRACE IN THE WHITEHOUSE AND THE END OF HILARY.

That's why Trump has to go.....that's why Ted needs to continue to bide his time until he can knock him out.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 10:45:15 AM »
Swing and a miss..please please if your gonna play then you gotta atleast practice.

William Clinton Albert Gore Jr. Democratic                       44,909,806 43.01%
 George Bush J. Danforth Quayle Republican                    39,104,550 37.45%
 H. Ross Perot James Stockdale Independent                   19,743,821 18.91% 

Maybe you're better at math - what does 37.45 plus 18.91 equal......ok I'll tell you...............NO BLOW JOBS AND A DISGRACE IN THE WHITEHOUSE AND THE END OF HILARY.

That's why Trump has to go.....that's why Ted needs to continue to bide his time until he can knock him out.

What i get from this is that the votes that the independent candidates picked up would otherwise have gone to Bush? I learned something today

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »

PEROT.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »
PEROT.

Perot  certainly more republican then Bush...who was never a fan of Reagan..so they split up the vote and we and we got Clinton.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Perot  certainly more republican then Bush...who was never a fan of Reagan..so they split up the vote and we and we got Clinton.

agreed 100%.  Bush 1 wins in a landslide without perot taking 18% of the vote.

Sounds like we're on that path again.    Nice happy coincidence for Hilary.   

But since republicans had to hear about this conspiracy from "shithead liberals", they will never be able to accept it.  Trump could ADMIT it and repubs would just claim it was a lie to hurt Hilary. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
Trump just has to quit...Christ Cruz is up 10 in Iowa. The folks who vote for trump may not be people who vote. Cruz is very very well organized and he wasn't even geared toward Iowa...he planned on making his  move in the south so if he can crush Trump...not just beat him but crush him, then maybe trump quits. Maybe NH support falls apart. We still have a long way to go.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 11:22:34 PM »
Trump just has to quit...Christ Cruz is up 10 in Iowa. The folks who vote for trump may not be people who vote. Cruz is very very well organized and he wasn't even geared toward Iowa...he planned on making his  move in the south so if he can crush Trump...not just beat him but crush him, then maybe trump quits. Maybe NH support falls apart. We still have a long way to go.

Trump now poking Cruz... reminding everyone about his heritage.  Playing the race card?  ;)

If Trump smells ONE little thing done by priebus or mcconnel, BOOM, he's running 3rd party if he is losing.

But he's up 20 points nationally.  Crushing everyone.  He's what most repubs want - loud, immature, ignorant.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »
He's not what repubs want...he might be what you think we want but Trump is a retard and a rino on most things.,
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »
He's not what repubs want...he might be what you think we want but Trump is a retard and a rino on most things.,

Trump has 35% in a new national poll from CBS News and The New York Times, followed by Ted Cruz at 16%.

Yes, Trump IS what repubs want.  He's leading the pack.  The more immature and impractical shit he says, the more his Rush peons on getbig line up to support him.  Not you, not tonymctones, not dos equis.  I give you guys props for not just toeing party line, and realizing this Trump cat is a lifetime liberal and potential mess in the general election.