Author Topic: Mcgregor vs Aldo will be the biggest ufc fight of all time so far  (Read 25705 times)

f450

• Getbig IV
Re: Mcgregor vs Aldo will be the biggest ufc fight of all time so far
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2015, 07:47:43 AM »
LUCKY FUCKING SHOT.  >:(

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »

What I'm saying is, Ali's trash talk made you like him...Connor's trash talk makes you hate him.

Wrong..i hated ali's trash talking..its all opinion. Who cares though? Connor knocked him out. He won. He is the greatest...for now
irongearco.com

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
All these experts popping up after the fact haha

The fact of the matter is myself and a handful of other getbiggers said the entire time Conor was gonna kayo this fool and to those who called it I salute you.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
LUCKY FUCKING SHOT.  >:(

No luck involved. Aldo's right hand was down.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »
Irish will support  anything irish. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »
McGregors bad for any sport. He's a tool. Fuck him

But he's exactly the type of guy Dana wants as champ. Dana knows McGregor will bring a lot more attention to the UFC.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »
All the trolls on this website hating a troll MMA fighter.

hypocrisy at its finest.
McGregor will be good for the sport. He had me interested, and I know nothing of fighting/MMA
a

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
McGregor's ability to stay so relaxed Is what makes him so dangerous. He has the ability to really see everything that is happening and he is good at anticipating what his opponent is going to do. His fight iq is on a different level. He understands the sport. The way he trains is really smart. Staying so limber and flexible is something other fighters should try to copy. Hearing him talk about stretching more staying more limber inspired me to start stretching more.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »
Aldo also looked different the new drug testing is probably really bad for him plus the iv ban. I would say Mendes is also effected by it. Rockhold has ties to Victor Conti the whole aka gym does. They probably have their hands on something undetectable. Rockhold doesn't look natty. That trt Belfort loss could of turned him to the dark side. He has packed on serious lean tissue. Both jacare and Romero look unbelievable too. Especially Romero. Not that it brothers me you would have to be crazy to not try and get an edge.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
Wow, DID NOT see that coming at all.

Real deal, it seems.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »
All the trolls on this website hating a troll MMA fighter.

hypocrisy at its finest.
McGregor will be good for the sport. He had me interested, and I know nothing of fighting/MMA

How is McGregor a troll?

He just KOed a guy who was world champion for a decade in 13 seconds.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
How is McGregor a troll?

He just KOed a guy who was world champion for a decade in 13 seconds.

Out of cage antics.
a

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
Out of cage antics.

It's those out of cage antics that increased attendance and ppv buys. McGregor can hardly be called a troll. Trolls don't put their reputation and health on the line for the world to see. He made himself a target and got the world to tune in. Most probably did to see him beat just like most tuned in to see Sonnen beat by Anderson.
At the end of the day he got himself into the front of the line and beat an unbeaten long reigning champ.
Not bad work for a troll

Was it a lucky punch? Nope. He called it long before the fight happened. A reporter at the press conference read out his quote where he detailed exactly what Aldo would do an how he planned to respond. Connors camp undoubtedly figured out Aldo's tendencies and developed a counter strategy  which he executed perfectly. I'm surprised that Aldo's camp who were monitoring all the trash talk didn't realize that their guy was getting figured out and didn't change things up. Maybe they did but maybe Aldo was so incensed that he threw caution to the wind. Only Aldo knows.

so far Connors getting a bulk of the press post fight. Where are the rockhold interviews/ coverage? Similar to Connor he predicted a definitive win as well with equal confidence.  Guess he's not as charismatic as mystic Mac despite his own trash talking.

Connor also got his own fight shorts. No black/white reeboks for him. Got his own press conference. Gets the opportunity move up to another category while retaining his belt.

Reminds me of the Malcolm X quote " that's too much power for one man to have".

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
Part way through McGregor gets to the podium.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
McGregor can do it all ;)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »
No luck involved. Aldo's right hand was down.

McGregor threw that left while moving backward. That's timing and precision.  Reminds me of Ali-Williams.

Start at about 5:20:

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »
Aldo also looked different the new drug testing is probably really bad for him plus the iv ban. I would say Mendes is also effected by it. Rockhold has ties to Victor Conti the whole aka gym does. They probably have their hands on something undetectable. Rockhold doesn't look natty. That trt Belfort loss could of turned him to the dark side. He has packed on serious lean tissue. Both jacare and Romero look unbelievable too. Especially Romero. Not that it brothers me you would have to be crazy to not try and get an edge.

I know in baseball all the guys are doing micro-dosing. Where shit can be back to an acceptable range in 4 to 10 hours...So if you get the call that they are coming to test you that day, getting your numbers in range isn't too hard. In baseball you are allowed a fail and than a retest. And guys use that to their advantage. In baseball they know everyone is using but they now have a system in place where guys won't get away with mega dosing like Barry Bonds and many others were doing. I think the league is ok with micro-dosing because it keeps the guys close to the mark.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »
McGregor put himself at risk.   could have been KO'd as easily as he KO'd the dude.

Awesome fight tho!!

This. Two guys just wading in to trade blows. Aldo should've known better and now we have a hipster champ.

Detest that leprechuan but to his credit he got himself the title shot, and he got himself the belt.

I don't know if Aldo will recover from this. From a judges decision maybe, but not from a KO like that (even a lucky one).

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:53 AM »

Wrong..i hated ali's trash talking..its all opinion. Who cares though? Connor knocked him out. He won. He is the greatest...for now
Most everyone did at the time.  Cassius Clay/Ali was pretty much a hated figure for most of his career, it wasn't until after he retired that he started to become the loved figure he is today.  The younger generation just assume he was always loved, but that isn't the case at all.
V

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
I know in baseball all the guys are doing micro-dosing. Where shit can be back to an acceptable range in 4 to 10 hours...So if you get the call that they are coming to test you that day, getting your numbers in range isn't too hard. In baseball you are allowed a fail and than a retest. And guys use that to their advantage. In baseball they know everyone is using but they now have a system in place where guys won't get away with mega dosing like Barry Bonds and many others were doing. I think the league is ok with micro-dosing because it keeps the guys close to the mark.

How does this work and where did you hear of this? Anything less than 100mg/wk Test cyp/enanthate is worthless because it's less than what your own body produces. Same applies to EQ, Deca, Tren -- any injectible because it takes a while for blood levels to rise. And those have a half life of several days to a week no matter how little you take. Now orals have a short half life which is why you have to take it everyday but even then metabolites can be detected months after. Remember Tim Sylvia still had traces or oral winstrol in his system six months later.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2015, 03:16:40 AM »
Dana White supports Trump, and Trump is a Dana White-fan.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Great commentary of the fight. lol at Pee Wee Herman probably would have lasted longer than that...

https://www.facebook.com/BlackAdamSchefter/videos/911066742323041/

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
How does this work and where did you hear of this? Anything less than 100mg/wk Test cyp/enanthate is worthless because it's less than what your own body produces. Same applies to EQ, Deca, Tren -- any injectible because it takes a while for blood levels to rise. And those have a half life of several days to a week no matter how little you take. Now orals have a short half life which is why you have to take it everyday but even then metabolites can be detected months after. Remember Tim Sylvia still had traces or oral winstrol in his system six months later.

Micro-dosing isn't going to get you huge muscle wise, but it can give you an advantage over someone who isn't doing it. In baseball it's rampant. A-rod's emails text messeges where released and basically broke down how he used micro-dosing...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/20/doping-world-athletics-championships-cheats

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/microdosing-the-new-trend-in-sports-doping/article3710793.ece

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »
Dana White supports Trump, and Trump is a Dana White-fan.

LOLOLOL..Dana. Awesome. Love it.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
Irish will support  anything irish. 

I cant stand him, have said it here before. Usually though you tend to support representatives of your country in sport. Maybe this is confusing you. I cannot think of many other prominent Irish sporting people outside of a team or national representation context. Seamus maybe but wrestling is not a sport.