Author Topic: Breitbart: Trump decides to go Full Establishment this weekend. Why?  (Read 228 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
For months, Donald Trump has led the most successful push back against the Republican Establishment in recent history. For good measure, he has set political correctness back a few decades – and also taught conservatives and Republicans that they need not fear the media.

All of which are remarkable and important. All of those are part of the reason for even running the "Rove-Stupid" series of article. Conservatives owe him a debt for all this, even if he were to accomplish nothing else. These wonderful assaults have all come from the right. This is why I would support Trump against any Democrat and most Republicans.

But then there's this bizarre weekend – when Trump managed to go full establishment – or perhaps even further left – against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97%, the oil industry, conservatives in the Senate and Antonin Scalia. In case you missed it, Trump criticized Cruz for opposing ethanol subsidies and insisted that Cruz only does so due to his ties to big oil. This was not only a shameless liberal pander to the Iowa ethanol interests, it was using a left wing talking point against Cruz.

Republicans have supported ethanol in the past, but I can't remember any of them accusing opponents of being merely tools of big oil.

With a Donald Trump like that, who needs Barack Obama or Rachel Maddow?

If that wasn't enough, on Sunday he said Cruz is a "little bit of a maniac" with the implication being that Cruz' refusal to play nice with Sen. Harry Reid and Sen. Mitch McConnell in the Senate was the result of a Cruz character flaw. This sounds like something off Lindsey Graham's website, or something John McCain would say on Fox News Sunday. I was waiting for him to call Cruz a wacko bird.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/14/rove-stupid-wtf-donald-trump-goes-full-establishment-against-cruz-scalia-more/