Author Topic: Roman Reigns New Champ  (Read 5033 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Roman Reigns New Champ
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:50 PM »
Mr. McMahon returns, gives Roman a title shot with the caveat that if he loses he is fired. Well he won, in Philadelphia home of his Rumble win. 

Vince loves the full circle storyline.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Roman Reigns New Champ
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
Watched TLC but missed raw so I just caught the highlights on the app. Seemed to be more entertaining but it took the return of VKM.

At least with the destroying of triple h and the punch to McMahon, Roman is a little more over with the fans.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:57 AM »
They are trying to build up Reigns' popularity toward a final WM match where he will win the title. They will build him up by making him fight the Authority and a final showdown against HHH at RR.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 04:42:24 AM »
They are trying to build up Reigns' popularity toward a final WM match where he will win the title. They will build him up by making him fight the Authority and a final showdown against HHH at RR.

He already won the title tonight on Raw.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 04:51:06 AM »
I think he drops the belt at the rumble..

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:50 AM »
I think he drops the belt at the rumble..

Same. I predict he will drop the belt at the Rumble (HHH interference) then go on to WM to face Trie H in a grudge match.

Shamus will be champ and probably face Ambrose or Cena at mania.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 05:07:35 AM »
Same. I predict he will drop the belt at the Rumble (HHH interference) then go on to WM to face Trie H in a grudge match.

Shamus will be champ and probably face Ambrose or Cena at mania.

I hope not. Sheamus needs to go back to the midcard where he belongs.

As an aside, that was some impressive selling of the Superpunch by Vince.

He must've lay motionless for a solid five minutes. He really looked dead.

Stephanie cracked me up with a line, "Take away the money and the education and I'm just like you." Now, that's a heel line. 8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 05:15:02 AM »
I hope not. Sheamus needs to go back to the midcard where he belongs.

As an aside, that was some impressive selling of the Superpunch by Vince.

He must've lay motionless for a solid five minutes. He really looked dead.

Stephanie cracked me up with a line, "Take away the money and the education and I'm just like you." Now, that's a heel line. 8)

Then Roman kicks his lifeless body off the apron and onto the floor.  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 05:50:02 AM »
Then Roman kicks his lifeless body off the apron and onto the floor.  ;D

I was watching the Giants game, too, which ended about 11:30. So, I caught all of Raw. It was a good show. The Reigns match had a great finish, with the hero overcoming obstacle after obstacle and finally winning the prize. The ECW/Wyatt match was a lot of fun, too.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 04:33:16 AM »
He already won the title tonight on Raw.
Ya, I jumped the gun on that one. I just finished watching it last night. I guess WWE liked the pop he got at the PPV and decided to make him champ. Personally, I thought it was too premature. It would have been nice to do a good build up to WM.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
IMO,  I smell Reigns being stripped next Monday and giving it back to Sheamus. They will make Reigns enter Royal Rumble as #1, only chance to face the champion at WM and truly give him his WM moment....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
IMO,  I smell Reigns being stripped next Monday and giving it back to Sheamus. They will make Reigns enter Royal Rumble as #1, only chance to face the champion at WM and truly give him his WM moment....
I thing that's what is going to happen too. They are trying to make Reigns "go against the Authority" recreating Austin vs McMahon and the Stooges...problem is Reigns is NO Austin. On a side note, I think Reigns will drop the title, win the Rumble to go on to face the champ at the time and get his cinderella moment. Lesner perhaps? Cena?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »
I thing that's what is going to happen too. They are trying to make Reigns "go against the Authority" recreating Austin vs McMahon and the Stooges...problem is Reigns is NO Austin. On a side note, I think Reigns will drop the title, win the Rumble to go on to face the champ at the time and get his cinderella moment. Lesner perhaps? Cena?

There are "rumors" of Owens vs Lesnar at WM and perhaps Cena vs Taker...

Not sure there truly will be a good opponent for Reigns unless Ambrose heel turn

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »
No heel been has built up well enough to seem credible. I'd have him go through some midcarders, take on Triple H at Mania, then maybe Rollins will be about ready to return and they could have a long back and forth feud.

Lesnar is pretty much over wrestling. I could hear it when he was on Austin's Podcast. He wants to hunt, farm, drive around in his pick up truck, and be with his family. He's gonna do the minimum to get paid. So, it's gonna be hard to get him involved in anything but an attraction match.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »
I would love to see Owens vs Lesnar. Bet they would tear the house down.
I think it will happen because they had Owens drop the belt to Ambrose because the IC title would be a non issue in a Lesnar fight.

It will also be Triple H vs Roman Reigns at Mania.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
I would love to see Owens vs Lesnar. Bet they would tear the house down.
I think it will happen because they had Owens drop the belt to Ambrose because the IC title would be a non issue in a Lesnar fight.

It will also be Triple H vs Roman Reigns at Mania.

Ambrose/Lesnar would be a fun match and easy to book with Ambrose as the scrappy underdog.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 03:32:13 PM »
Ambrose/Lesnar would be a fun match and easy to book with Ambrose as the scrappy underdog.

I think so too, I'm a huge Ambrose fan, but I think it will end up being KO vs Lesnar.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 04:32:32 AM »
There are "rumors" of Owens vs Lesnar at WM and perhaps Cena vs Taker...

Not sure there truly will be a good opponent for Reigns unless Ambrose heel turn
The original plans that leaked out for WM was to have all three former Sheild members fight in a triple threat for the WWE title. That would have been a cool match to see. Some way some how now with all the guys on the shelf with injuries, I think HHH will somehow be involved in wrestling someone. Brock will need a monster face to work with (unless WWE turns him face and gives him a monster heel to work with). This year is gonna be screwy. RR will determine what we watch, no doubt.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 05:50:31 AM »
I think so too, I'm a huge Ambrose fan, but I think it will end up being KO vs Lesnar.

Would be a great brawl BUT, Lesnar wins and Owens gets relegated to middle of the mid card status. WWE has soo many good people right now ready to grab the brass ring and are doing nothing with them.  At one point the talent was great but now it is mediocre. They go with the safe bets i:e Sheamus, company guy, very rarely injured vs someone like Cesaro who besides the Mic skills has it all.

I was talking with a "mark" recently that said Finn Balor has no interest in going to the main roster only to get lost in the shuffle. Feels he has done it all in his mind.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 10:51:34 AM »
Owens is a phenomenal talent but I don't think he's main event caliber read to face an opponent like Lesner. Remember, Hogan did time as mid card in WWWF in late 1979-1982 and later AWA 1983 before becoming a megastar in 1984-retiriement. Same with Austin in WCCW, WCW and partly in WWE. These guys now simply haven't paid their dues.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 05:16:30 AM »
Owens is a phenomenal talent but I don't think he's main event caliber read to face an opponent like Lesner. Remember, Hogan did time as mid card in WWWF in late 1979-1982 and later AWA 1983 before becoming a megastar in 1984-retiriement. Same with Austin in WCCW, WCW and partly in WWE. These guys now simply haven't paid their dues.

True but Owens has about 10 yrs of experience behind him in ROH and a few others. If the WWE felt he was good enough throw him into a program with Cena, which was very good, he is ready to hand with the top guys. He may not have the physique Vince likes but I think he can hold his own

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
True but Owens has about 10 yrs of experience behind him in ROH and a few others. If the WWE felt he was good enough throw him into a program with Cena, which was very good, he is ready to hand with the top guys. He may not have the physique Vince likes but I think he can hold his own
Oh I know he can definately hold his own. I loved how he beat the shit out of Ziggler and Ambrose. Some great stuff there. Owens is a great talent. This last Raw was actually pretty good. The Wyatts vs The Dudley's with Dreamer and Rhino with no rules was amazing. Great story told there and excellent for the faces to put over the younger Wyatts.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
During Raw, Vince really gave a lesson on how to generate heel heat.

When he got personal and said that he took advantage of Reigns' father, Sika, I was actually getting pissed and hoping Reigns would hit him.

Unfortunately, the segment went downhill from there as they went with the tired phony arrest bit.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »
During Raw, Vince really gave a lesson on how to generate heel heat.

When he got personal and said that he took advantage of Reigns' father, Sika, I was actually getting pissed and hoping Reigns would hit him.

Unfortunately, the segment went downhill from there as they went with the tired phony arrest bit.
X2 Vince was in full force, pushing all the right buttons, then went back to the same old formula.

It was like they went to the Austin vs McMahon playbook and made some bad adjustments , completely ridiculous segment.

Stephanie is generating enough hate to get assaulted, but I can't imagine that would happen with the anti bully movement.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »
X3 was good till the fake police showed up.