Author Topic: No candidate with 20% national lead in late Dec has ever lost the nomination  (Read 1798 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
First one Ive seen Cruz getting close in the national one....

The poll surveyed 508 Republicans between Dec. 16-20.

Here is the breakdown:

Donald Trump – 28 percent
Ted Cruz – 24 percent
Marco Rubio – 12 percent
Ben Carson – 10 percent
Chris Christie – 6 percent
Jeb Bush – 4 percent
Carly Fiorina – 2 percent
Rand Paul – 2 percent
Mike Huckabee – 1 percent
John Kasich – 1 percent
Rick Santorum – 1 percent

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/22/ted-cruz-closes-in-on-donald-trump-in-quinnipiac-national-poll/#ixzz3v4UAujS6

Cruz tied head to head with Hillary as well. Looks like Ted is starting to pick up some steam.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Funnier then I could do...from the guys at ranger up

We’ve bashed Donald Trump here before, and oddly enough, we took a lot of heat for it.

I’m honestly not sure why, because the guy is just as blatantly fascist as any American politician could be (since Woodrow Wilson, who still holds the title, I believe). And yes, I used the F word, with all due respect to Mr. Godwin.

This week has provided even more evidence of this, with The Donald going so far as to say we should get Bill Gates to regulate speech on the internet because….why? Well because FUCK YOU, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THAT’S WHY!

The exact quote from CPT Hairdo was as follows:

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. And we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Let’s set aside for just a moment the fact that he sounds like a drunken uncle at a barbecue that went way too late into the night and address those word thingies he tried to combine into a coherent thought.

---------------
—————

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the internet.”

How are we “losing” people? If he means getting lost in that weird place on YouTube where Japanese people are experimenting with different game show themes, then he may have a point. Or is it that people are going inside like Tron? Because if that’s the case, I want in. I’ve always wanted one of those cool death Frisbees.

“And we have to do something.”

Yeah! We will do the things! Because of reasons!

“We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening.”

I think this quote would be much better understood if he said what he meant, which is closer to, “I really have no idea what I’m talking about. But I’m going to use my outside voice and say it really loudly to the cheers of many!” Does he think that Bill Gates has some secret passcode that walls of the Interwebz for different people? Did Donald Trump’s understanding of the Internet stop advancing after Matthew Broderick hacked NORAD in War Games? Because then this statement would make se….wait, no. No it still would be really stupid.

“We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Again, that whole freedom of speech thing? Entirely overrated. The fact that Internet censorship is the product of places like North Korea, China, Iran, and Cuba should be of no concern to you, peasant! You’ll read your Fox News, CNN, and be happy, dammit!

Listen, I get it. I get why the guy is popular, and it’s not totally without merit.

We live in an age of hyper-political correctness gone overboard, and Biff Trump has wisely picked up on that and done a fantastic job of showing how sick of it people really are. He says outlandish things and people love him for it—because people are fed the hell up with the idea that everything is offensive.

Similarly, he has thrown the political strategists’ game into disarray, and that’s nothing but a good thing. While the Marco Rubios and Hillary Clintons of the world come out with their perfectly scripted talking points, Donaldisimo has demonstrated how much people long for someone who just speaks their mind.

To see the political insiders getting their chutzpah smashed regarding why their machine-crafted puppet candidate isn’t stacking up well against the crazy millionaire is nothing short of amazing. So I understand the appeal.

But all that being said, ideas like “closing” the internet somehow or banning entire people groups from our country are not just antithetical to the concept of freedom and truly douchebaggy, it’s contradictory to his own strategy that put him on top. Think of it this way:

“Hey, I’m gonna say some outlandish shit to prove how fed up with political correctness people are, and then I’m gonna regulate your ability to say the same shit! Who’s with me, eh?!?!?!”

Here’s the thing: if fascism is in favor of all the things you are, does it cease being fascism or…?

We’ve written here numerous times about the reality associated with freedom of speech. It means it applies even to things you don’t want to hear or disagree vehemently with.

--------------
————–

So if that guy over there is a MuslimChristianAtheistSc ientologist who wants to take away your guns and give you more guns and wants to lock up all ScientologistAtheistChri stianMuslims, then dammit that’s his right to talk about it all he wants. He can write essays, blogs, make videos, whatever he wants.

It is, and forever should be, the action that is criminalized—not talk about action or pre-crime evaluations or regulations on….words.

So if you think, “hey, regulating speech I don’t like is A-OK because, well, I don’t like it. And I’m smart!” then you don’t get it and miss the point of what rights are. If you think “closing” the internet to certain people or preventing certain sites from being viewed at all, well then you’re as douchebaggy as the guy who pretty much wants to wipe his ass with the First Amendment as President.

Besides, calling for tighter restrictions on Internet use puts Trump squarely in the same camp as Hillary Clinton on this issue. So I guess if you’re a fan of her, then at this point you just have to decide which one is prettier to look at.

There’s a lot of ways that joke can go, so I’ll just leave it there

Funny.  And accurate. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I think she would own him. But it wouldn't matter to his supporters. 

I think she would lie through her teeth.  But it wouldn't matter to her supporters. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Funnier then I could do...from the guys at ranger up

We’ve bashed Donald Trump here before, and oddly enough, we took a lot of heat for it.

I’m honestly not sure why, because the guy is just as blatantly fascist as any American politician could be (since Woodrow Wilson, who still holds the title, I believe). And yes, I used the F word, with all due respect to Mr. Godwin.

This week has provided even more evidence of this, with The Donald going so far as to say we should get Bill Gates to regulate speech on the internet because….why? Well because FUCK YOU, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THAT’S WHY!

The exact quote from CPT Hairdo was as follows:

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. And we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Let’s set aside for just a moment the fact that he sounds like a drunken uncle at a barbecue that went way too late into the night and address those word thingies he tried to combine into a coherent thought.

---------------
—————

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the internet.”

How are we “losing” people? If he means getting lost in that weird place on YouTube where Japanese people are experimenting with different game show themes, then he may have a point. Or is it that people are going inside like Tron? Because if that’s the case, I want in. I’ve always wanted one of those cool death Frisbees.

“And we have to do something.”

Yeah! We will do the things! Because of reasons!

“We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening.”

I think this quote would be much better understood if he said what he meant, which is closer to, “I really have no idea what I’m talking about. But I’m going to use my outside voice and say it really loudly to the cheers of many!” Does he think that Bill Gates has some secret passcode that walls of the Interwebz for different people? Did Donald Trump’s understanding of the Internet stop advancing after Matthew Broderick hacked NORAD in War Games? Because then this statement would make se….wait, no. No it still would be really stupid.

“We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Again, that whole freedom of speech thing? Entirely overrated. The fact that Internet censorship is the product of places like North Korea, China, Iran, and Cuba should be of no concern to you, peasant! You’ll read your Fox News, CNN, and be happy, dammit!

Listen, I get it. I get why the guy is popular, and it’s not totally without merit.

We live in an age of hyper-political correctness gone overboard, and Biff Trump has wisely picked up on that and done a fantastic job of showing how sick of it people really are. He says outlandish things and people love him for it—because people are fed the hell up with the idea that everything is offensive.

Similarly, he has thrown the political strategists’ game into disarray, and that’s nothing but a good thing. While the Marco Rubios and Hillary Clintons of the world come out with their perfectly scripted talking points, Donaldisimo has demonstrated how much people long for someone who just speaks their mind.

To see the political insiders getting their chutzpah smashed regarding why their machine-crafted puppet candidate isn’t stacking up well against the crazy millionaire is nothing short of amazing. So I understand the appeal.

But all that being said, ideas like “closing” the internet somehow or banning entire people groups from our country are not just antithetical to the concept of freedom and truly douchebaggy, it’s contradictory to his own strategy that put him on top. Think of it this way:

“Hey, I’m gonna say some outlandish shit to prove how fed up with political correctness people are, and then I’m gonna regulate your ability to say the same shit! Who’s with me, eh?!?!?!”

Here’s the thing: if fascism is in favor of all the things you are, does it cease being fascism or…?

We’ve written here numerous times about the reality associated with freedom of speech. It means it applies even to things you don’t want to hear or disagree vehemently with.

--------------
————–

So if that guy over there is a MuslimChristianAtheistSc ientologist who wants to take away your guns and give you more guns and wants to lock up all ScientologistAtheistChri stianMuslims, then dammit that’s his right to talk about it all he wants. He can write essays, blogs, make videos, whatever he wants.

It is, and forever should be, the action that is criminalized—not talk about action or pre-crime evaluations or regulations on….words.

So if you think, “hey, regulating speech I don’t like is A-OK because, well, I don’t like it. And I’m smart!” then you don’t get it and miss the point of what rights are. If you think “closing” the internet to certain people or preventing certain sites from being viewed at all, well then you’re as douchebaggy as the guy who pretty much wants to wipe his ass with the First Amendment as President.

Besides, calling for tighter restrictions on Internet use puts Trump squarely in the same camp as Hillary Clinton on this issue. So I guess if you’re a fan of her, then at this point you just have to decide which one is prettier to look at.

There’s a lot of ways that joke can go, so I’ll just leave it there

Where did you find this is great.

I tried googling ranger up but only got a clothing Company.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
They both have major flaws but Trump is 100 times the salesman and has 10 times more stage presence.

isn't that essentially what repubs complained about Obama in 2008?   Obama was nothing more than a speech-giver?

And trump "sales"?   He woudl have 8 billion today if he did nothing more than park his inheritance in mutual funds.   Turning it into 2.90 billion today means those he did business with were a little better salesmen than he was :(

he's calling potty breaks disgusting and saying Hilary got "scholnged" by obama.  He's a disgrace to the republican party... and a testament to their base.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I think she would lie through her teeth.  But it wouldn't matter to her supporters. 

I think you're right

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
isn't that essentially what repubs complained about Obama in 2008?   Obama was nothing more than a speech-giver?

And trump "sales"?   He woudl have 8 billion today if he did nothing more than park his inheritance in mutual funds.   Turning it into 2.90 billion today means those he did business with were a little better salesmen than he was :(

he's calling potty breaks disgusting and saying Hilary got "scholnged" by obama.  He's a disgrace to the republican party... and a testament to their base.

I was under the impression that Trump received the big inheritance in 1999 when his father died and at which point he was already a billionaire.

How much money did Trump receive before 1999 from his father?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I was under the impression that Trump received the big inheritance in 1999 when his father died and at which point he was already a billionaire.

How much money did Trump receive before 1999 from his father?

Donald Trump inherited a lot of money and the growth of his wealth has been in line with that of the S&P 500. Donald Trump's self-described net worth was $200 million in 1982. If he invested that money in the S&P 500, he'd be worth about $8.3 billion today. Today he claims his net worth is $8.7 billion.  Forbes places it at $2.9 billion.

Trump LOST money by touching it.  We all read Art of the Deal... but... trump spend a lifetime underachieving in business.  It'd be worth more if he never touched it.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Donald-Trump-inherit-a-lot-of-money-and-then-increase-his-net-worth-at-an-unremarkable-rate

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Donald Trump inherited a lot of money and the growth of his wealth has been in line with that of the S&P 500. Donald Trump's self-described net worth was $200 million in 1982. If he invested that money in the S&P 500, he'd be worth about $8.3 billion today. Today he claims his net worth is $8.7 billion.  Forbes places it at $2.9 billion.

Trump LOST money by touching it.  We all read Art of the Deal... but... trump spend a lifetime underachieving in business.  It'd be worth more if he never touched it.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Donald-Trump-inherit-a-lot-of-money-and-then-increase-his-net-worth-at-an-unremarkable-rate

200 million dollars in 1982 is alot of cash....Are you saying that was ALL daddy's money or was Donald actually astute enough business wise to build much of it on it's own? Trump's dad did not die til 1999 and already he was a billionaire.

How many young people would have squandered that money, by the way?

And while we are on the subject, I don't understand the angle you are taking trying to attack his business acumen by saying he did slightly better than an index of THE TOP 500 businesses in the United States. Why exactly is that a negative against him?

If anything we should be praising a man like this rather than a life long parasite like Hillary who for the majority of her existence has been on the government dole.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i dont believe trump did better.  I dont believe he's 8 or 9 billion like he claims.

Forbes places it at 2.90 billion.   They estimate worth of rich people for a living.

Trump tends to exaggerate.   Here are 2 claims from him.   He claims he's worth 8.7 billion.  A month later, he claims he's worth over 10 billion.   Did he magically make 1.3+ billion in 30 days?   lol

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/07/15/donald-trump-says-hes-worth-more-than-10-billion/?_r=0

Purge_WTF

The late George Carlin once said that an honest candidate had no chance of ever being President because the American people have gotten so used to being lied to. The fact that Trump is doing as well as he is may reflect a turning point. I think that people are so sick of mere politics that they're finally willing to give someone like him a chance.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
The late George Carlin once said that an honest candidate had no chance of ever being President because the American people have gotten so used to being lied to. The fact that Trump is doing as well as he is may reflect a turning point. I think that people are so sick of mere politics that they're finally willing to give someone like him a chance.

Either give him a chance or he's just a test for how stupid the electorate has become.

Not saying he is not telling the truth, or that Hillary is better - just that the candidates keep getting worse and people vote for one or the other all the same.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i said from minute 1 - Trump will roll to the nomination because he's obama fever for angry repubs.

"Greatness" means something different to everyone.  Trump is just running on greatness.  shit economic plan that grows deficit.  Supports the freakin' climate deal in Paris!  won't attack roe v wade.  he's a lib, folks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
It is incredibly naïve and uniformed to guarantee a winner this early in the process. 

You might think that.   You'd be wrong, but you're allowed to think that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You might think that.   You'd be wrong, but you're allowed to think that.

I mean really how stupid are you?  Responding to a five month old comment?  Troll.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I mean really how stupid are you?  Responding to a five month old comment?  Troll.   ::)

You're the dude that quotes me on stuff from 5 months ago.

So now that Trump is de jure nominee.... Are you ready to make america great again?