Author Topic: No candidate with 20% national lead in late Dec has ever lost the nomination  (Read 1800 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
In our modern system in use over the past 70 years, anyone with a 20+ point lead this late in the game has won the nomination EVERY SINGLE TIME.

so when is this trump collapse coming?  Or is his brand of immature egomaniacal leadership what the repub base loves?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
the elephant in the room right now in the political world

his lead over everyone is MASSIVE and has only gotten bigger lmao

240 is Back

• Getbig V
the elephant in the room right now in the political world

his lead over everyone is MASSIVE and has only gotten bigger lmao

at this point, the only question is...

What could trump POSSIBLY do to blow this lead and not win most states?

what group could he insult?  what slur could he utter? who could he shove down a flight of steps?  How could he possibly blow this?

T-REX007

• Getbig III
If Trump were to get elected or become a shoe in - does he die "mysteriously"-?  accident or something like that ?
He is a threat to a lot of people, people do have "accidents" when they threaten the status quo too much - think of all the people he offends, all those who hate him, all the libs and white-guilt nut jobs out there, people in high positions of power he would threaten ....

He better have some super good security details- is the secret service already protecting him ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
It is incredibly naïve and uniformed to guarantee a winner this early in the process. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
historically, I can't remember such a parody of a candidate, maybe Perot but Perot didn't go out of his way to be insultive and mean. So this election would be somewhat a first... I'm hoping it is a first in a candidate with a large lead blowing it.   I honestly can't fathom people voting for such a vile human being..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
historically, I can't remember such a parody of a candidate, maybe Perot but Perot didn't go out of his way to be insultive and mean. So this election would be somewhat a first... I'm hoping it is a first in a candidate with a large lead blowing it.   I honestly can't fathom people voting for such a vile human being..

Same here.  I refuse to believe it. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Please take note libs....all the repubs and moderates and cons pretty much hate this guy here. Nobody is backing Ol Trump...I think he's an idiot, others think he's vile but not a lot of love. You people would back Hil if she ate a shit sandwich and burnt the Constitution on stage naked while fucking a dead corpse. There is nothing that woman could do that would dissuade you from voting for her.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Funnier then I could do...from the guys at ranger up

We’ve bashed Donald Trump here before, and oddly enough, we took a lot of heat for it.

I’m honestly not sure why, because the guy is just as blatantly fascist as any American politician could be (since Woodrow Wilson, who still holds the title, I believe). And yes, I used the F word, with all due respect to Mr. Godwin.

This week has provided even more evidence of this, with The Donald going so far as to say we should get Bill Gates to regulate speech on the internet because….why? Well because FUCK YOU, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THAT’S WHY!

The exact quote from CPT Hairdo was as follows:

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet. And we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Let’s set aside for just a moment the fact that he sounds like a drunken uncle at a barbecue that went way too late into the night and address those word thingies he tried to combine into a coherent thought.

---------------
—————

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the internet.”

How are we “losing” people? If he means getting lost in that weird place on YouTube where Japanese people are experimenting with different game show themes, then he may have a point. Or is it that people are going inside like Tron? Because if that’s the case, I want in. I’ve always wanted one of those cool death Frisbees.

“And we have to do something.”

Yeah! We will do the things! Because of reasons!

“We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening.”

I think this quote would be much better understood if he said what he meant, which is closer to, “I really have no idea what I’m talking about. But I’m going to use my outside voice and say it really loudly to the cheers of many!” Does he think that Bill Gates has some secret passcode that walls of the Interwebz for different people? Did Donald Trump’s understanding of the Internet stop advancing after Matthew Broderick hacked NORAD in War Games? Because then this statement would make se….wait, no. No it still would be really stupid.

“We have to talk to them and maybe, in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways…”

Again, that whole freedom of speech thing? Entirely overrated. The fact that Internet censorship is the product of places like North Korea, China, Iran, and Cuba should be of no concern to you, peasant! You’ll read your Fox News, CNN, and be happy, dammit!

Listen, I get it. I get why the guy is popular, and it’s not totally without merit.

We live in an age of hyper-political correctness gone overboard, and Biff Trump has wisely picked up on that and done a fantastic job of showing how sick of it people really are. He says outlandish things and people love him for it—because people are fed the hell up with the idea that everything is offensive.

Similarly, he has thrown the political strategists’ game into disarray, and that’s nothing but a good thing. While the Marco Rubios and Hillary Clintons of the world come out with their perfectly scripted talking points, Donaldisimo has demonstrated how much people long for someone who just speaks their mind.

To see the political insiders getting their chutzpah smashed regarding why their machine-crafted puppet candidate isn’t stacking up well against the crazy millionaire is nothing short of amazing. So I understand the appeal.

But all that being said, ideas like “closing” the internet somehow or banning entire people groups from our country are not just antithetical to the concept of freedom and truly douchebaggy, it’s contradictory to his own strategy that put him on top. Think of it this way:

“Hey, I’m gonna say some outlandish shit to prove how fed up with political correctness people are, and then I’m gonna regulate your ability to say the same shit! Who’s with me, eh?!?!?!”

Here’s the thing: if fascism is in favor of all the things you are, does it cease being fascism or…?

We’ve written here numerous times about the reality associated with freedom of speech. It means it applies even to things you don’t want to hear or disagree vehemently with.

--------------
————–

So if that guy over there is a MuslimChristianAtheistSc ientologist who wants to take away your guns and give you more guns and wants to lock up all ScientologistAtheistChri stianMuslims, then dammit that’s his right to talk about it all he wants. He can write essays, blogs, make videos, whatever he wants.

It is, and forever should be, the action that is criminalized—not talk about action or pre-crime evaluations or regulations on….words.

So if you think, “hey, regulating speech I don’t like is A-OK because, well, I don’t like it. And I’m smart!” then you don’t get it and miss the point of what rights are. If you think “closing” the internet to certain people or preventing certain sites from being viewed at all, well then you’re as douchebaggy as the guy who pretty much wants to wipe his ass with the First Amendment as President.

Besides, calling for tighter restrictions on Internet use puts Trump squarely in the same camp as Hillary Clinton on this issue. So I guess if you’re a fan of her, then at this point you just have to decide which one is prettier to look at.

There’s a lot of ways that joke can go, so I’ll just leave it there
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
It is incredibly naïve and uniformed to guarantee a winner this early in the process. 

it's not all that early in the process anymore. 

And historically, every candidate with 20+ point leads on this date has won the nomination.

So it's not all that naive.  I know you want trump to fail in his bid, I do too... but I'm realistic at this point.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Post again after Iowa...this is a much different race and we're in a different time...we'll see.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Post again after Iowa...this is a much different race and we're in a different time...we'll see.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Nationwide average of polls... Trump up 10 points over the past 5 weeks.   

I admire you and Dos Equis being honest about hating this liberal imposter... but at some point, you have to admit it's looking doubtful anyone rises to defeat him.  He still has a billion bucks to spend, he may not need to touch it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Trump would absolutely destroy Hillary on stage.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

He would call her disgusting or denigrate her and that would be the end of any possibility he would have to win.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He would call her disgusting or denigrate her and that would be the end of any possibility he would have to win.

LOL the debate would be hilarious.   Trump either wins or loses to hilary by 40 states, that's been my prediction since he entered the race.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

I think she would own him. But it wouldn't matter to his supporters. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

Yeah she would look bullied.....people hate her but Trump would make her look sympathetic while Cruz would deconstruct her piece by piece and make her look stupid.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Please take note libs....all the repubs and moderates and cons pretty much hate this guy here. Nobody is backing Ol Trump...I think he's an idiot, others think he's vile but not a lot of love. You people would back Hil if she ate a shit sandwich and burnt the Constitution on stage naked while fucking a dead corpse. There is nothing that woman could do that would dissuade you from voting for her.

EPIC TRUTH  :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I just want us all on record through the general election. I think trump is an idiot. I can't say he's the Repub version of Obama because he is not a repub. He has captured one issue and made a race out of it.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
They both have major flaws but Trump is 100 times the salesman and has 10 times more stage presence.

Hillary is a terrible candidate and speaker. The only thing she has going for her is the vagina between her legs and the same old played out talking points.

The American people love theatrics and Trump has that in spades over Hillary. Trump has defied the odds this entire time by proving everybody wrong. I'm not saying he WILL beat Hillary but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he did, especially after a strong debate when it is just the 2 of them on stage with millions watching and she can't hide behind her handlers and the media anymore.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
But she does have command of the information better then him....he kinda repeats the same shit. I disagree really with anything you posted thought. She is a shrew...and it comes through. Trump doesn't have the patience to let her slit her own throat and thats why I worry..that and he's a retard.
L

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

Yeah she would look bullied.....people hate her but Trump would make her look sympathetic while Cruz would deconstruct her piece by piece and make her look stupid.

Exactly.

This is why the Republicans should be looking elsewhere.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
We/ They are....gotta get into the primary season
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
First one Ive seen Cruz getting close in the national one....

The poll surveyed 508 Republicans between Dec. 16-20.

Here is the breakdown:

Donald Trump – 28 percent
Ted Cruz – 24 percent
Marco Rubio – 12 percent
Ben Carson – 10 percent
Chris Christie – 6 percent
Jeb Bush – 4 percent
Carly Fiorina – 2 percent
Rand Paul – 2 percent
Mike Huckabee – 1 percent
John Kasich – 1 percent
Rick Santorum – 1 percent

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/22/ted-cruz-closes-in-on-donald-trump-in-quinnipiac-national-poll/#ixzz3v4UAujS6
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You would vote for Hillary over Trump?